Showing Collections: 41 - 60 of 107
Abstract Research for a biography that was never published, this collection consists of papers from Gillette as well as Stelck's research materials.
Abstract Diaries, genealogical records, account and ledger books, correspondence, and reminiscences of three generations. Includes descriptions of Iowa City and the surrounding area in the 19th century.
Abstract Governor and U.S. Senator from Iowa. Gubernatorial and senatorial office files relating to his political career.
Abstract Editor of Wallaces' Farmer 1921-1933; Secretary of Agriculture, 1933-1940; Vice-President of the United States, 1941-1945; Secretary of Commerce, 1945-1946. Includes audio visual materials; clippings; an extensive collection of correspondence, including photocopies of the microfilm edition of the originals in the Library of Congress, Manuscript Division; government documents; personal papers; photographs; research materials, with an emphasis on agriculture, particularly corn, but including...
Abstract Dramatist. Subject files relating to his career and personal life, including dra s, photographs, set designs, etc. Much of the collection relates to his best known play, Dark of the Moon..
Abstract Includes manuscripts, galley proofs, page proofs, dust jackets, and other miscellany associated with publications of many Iowa Authors.
Abstract ILA was founded in Des Moines, IA in 1890 to make library service readily available to all Iowans. These records document the organization's history and current activities with reports, minutes, correspondence, photographs, district meeting files, ledgers, and membership lists.
Abstract World War II soldier. Correspondence, medals, scrapbook, and photographs primarily related to his service in the 210th Armored Infantry Battalion, 10th Armored (Tiger) Division, U.S. Army.
Abstract Populist leader. Weaver's correspondence with his wife; other Weaver family papers. Includes material on Davis Co., Iowa, and experiences in the Civil War.
Dates: 1836-1894; 1862-186
Abstract Educator. Correspondence, subject files, speeches, articles, clippings, and photographs documenting his career as a school administrator, state official, and educator.
Dates: 1933-1971; 1956-1965
Abstract Student at U of I, Civil War soldier, Lt. Governor of Iowa. Photographs and letters written about the University of Iowa, Harrison County, Iowa and New York.
Abstract Notebooks of a collector of children's books, artwork, and other items by children's author Marguerite de Angeli.
Abstract Lawyer and judge. Mostly concerns Bollinger's studies of Abraham Lincoln and as a collector of Lincolniana.
Abstract Correspondence, speeches, articles, leaflets, clippings, scrapbooks and a sketchbook, mostly dealing with politics, conservation, or family affairs, assembled by newspaper cartoonist Ding Darling of The Des Moines Register. There are also some 6,000 original pen-and-ink cartoons drawn by Darling.
Dates: Majority of material found in 1897-1962
Abstract U.S. Congressman and Senator from Iowa.
Abstract Scott was the head of the Department of English at Coe College in Cedar Rapids, Iowa for seven years beginning in 1908. He joined the faculty of the English department at the University of Iowa in 1915. The collection documents Scott's research theories regarding the connections between speech inflections and literary authorship, as well as his book collecting interests which focused on John Henry Ireland.
Abstract Record of expenditures for a farm located on Muscatine Island.
Abstract Railroadiana collection. Time tables, train registers, train orders, menus, tickets, etc.
Abstract Secretary of State of Iowa . Correspondence and photographs.
Dates: 1841-1856; 1848-1849
- University of Iowa 8
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 5
- Republican Party (Iowa) 4
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 3
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 3
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 3
- Redpath Lyceum Bureau 3
- Wallace, Henry A. (Henry Agard), 1888-1965 3
- Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Company 2
- Blanchard, Ruth 2
- Blanchard, Thomas 2
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 2
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969 2
- MacLaren, Gay 2
- Progressive Party (U.S. : 1948) 2
- Union Pacific Railroad Company 2
- United States. Department of Agriculture 2
- United States. Navy 2
- ATCA Artists' Works and Correspondence 1
- Adirondack Railway Company 1
- Allen, Woody 1
- Alternative Traditions in the Contemporary Arts (Program) 1
- American Institute of Graphic Arts 1
- American National Red Cross 1
- American Wildlife Institute 1
- Amtrak 1
- Andersonville Prison 1
- Armitage, Merle 1
- Association of College and Research Libraries 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Backman, Carl 1
- Baldwin, Calvin Benham 1
- Beaty, Miles 1
- Beebe, Lucius Morris, 1902-1966 1
- Biklen, Wayne 1
- Biklen, Wayne M. 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Blackhawk Foundry and Machine Company 1
- Blackhawk Foundry and Machine Company (Davenport, Iowa) 1
- Blanchard, Tom 1
- Blees, Robert 1
- Blue, Robert Donald 1
- Blunden, Edmund 1
- Blunden, Edmund, 1896-1974 1
- Bob Hanscom Players (Theatrical group) 1
- Bollinger, James W. (James Wills), 1867-1951 1
- Bonney, Josiah 1
- Bonney, Josiah H., 1817-1887 1
- Booth, Ballington, 1857-1940 1
- Booth, Maud Ballington 1
- Booth, Maud Ballington, 1865-1948 1
- Booth, T. E. 1
- Booth, Thomas Eyre, 1842-1927 1
- Brown, Lewis H. (Lewis Herold), 1894- 1
- Browning, Robert Morriss 1
- Browning, Robert Morriss, 1893-1963 1
- Burlington, Cedar Rapids and Northern Railway Company of Iowa 1
- Carlson, Esther Elizabeth 1
- Cassill, R. V. (Ronald Verlin), 1919-2002 1
- Cedar Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce 1
- Cedar Rapids and Missouri River Railroad Company 1
- Central Railroad of New Jersey 1
- Centro de Art y Comunicaci 1
- Centro de Arte y Comunicacia (Buenos Aires, Argentina) 1
- Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad Company 1
- Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul, and Pacific Railroad Company 1
- Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Rail Road Co. 1
- Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific Railroad Company (1866-1880) 1
- Chinese Writers 1
- Christisen, D. M. 1
- Clark, Glenn, 1882-1956 1
- Cleveland, Buster 1
- Cleveland, Buster, -1998 1
- Coffee House Press 1
- Cohen, Albert J. 1
- Colby, Anthony Owen 1
- Committee of Small Magazine Editors and Publishers (U.S.) 1
- Comrades In Service 1
- Congress of Industrial Organizations (U.S.) Political Action Committee. 1
- Cornell College (Mount Vernon, Iowa) 1
- Cowles, Gardner, 1861-1946 1
- Crane, Michael, 1948- 1
- Crary, Margaret 1
- Crawford and Eastwood Families 1
- Crawford family 1
- Credit Mobilier of America 1
- Crosby family 1
- Crowl, Denton Chester 1
- Culver, John 1
- Culver, John C., 1932- 1
- Darling, Jay N. 1
- Darling, Jay N. (Jay Norwood), 1876-1962 1
- Daumier, Honore, 1808-1879 1
- Davenport Besler Corportation 1
- Davenport Locomotive Works 1
- Davenport-Besler Corporation 1
- Dennis, Agnes Jolly McConnell, 1825-1900 1
- Dennis, Bryan Francis, 1819-1909 1
- Dew, B.R. 1
- Dickinson, Lester Jesse 1 ∧ less