Showing Collections: 61 - 80 of 107
Abstract Governor and state representative from Iowa, federal official. Papers comprised primarily of speeches relating to civil defense; there are also correspondence files, clippings, and photographs regarding his governorship.
Abstract U.S. Representative and Senator from Iowa. Speeches, scrapbooks, correspondence, clippings, and campaign material all related to his political career.
Dates: 1898-1955; 1920-1940
Abstract Historian, journalist, railroad employee, and collector. Records, notes, correspondence, ledgers, financial accounts, legal papers, land profiles, etc. relating to the building and operation of the Union Pacific, Rock Island, and other railroads.
Dates: 1850-1942; 1860-1890
Abstract Manuscripts and correspondence related to her books for children including My Name Is-- (1959) and Hidden Year of Devlin Bates (1967).
Abstract A number of literary manuscripts composed by Chinese writers were acquired for the East Asian collections over a long period of time. In 1991, a program was established to encourage further and continued growth in this area.
Abstract Research material for The Unruly Life of Woody Allen. Comprised of interviews by letter and on tape, journal articles, research files, notes, films, photographs, manuscript copies, and copies of the completed book in various editions.
Abstract Pioneer social reformer. Correspondence concerning her work for Volunteers of America , Volunteer Prison League, lectures, etc.
Abstract Educator, author, and columnist. Speeches, newspaper columns, and articles about education. Also includes sound recordings, video tapes, and filmstrips.
Dates: 1933-1982; 1960-1980
Abstract Iowa farm family. Correspondence and business papers of Joseph Black McDill, George R. McDill, and John Ronald.
Abstract Set designer, impresario, co-founder and manager of the Los Angeles Grand Opera Association, president of the American Institute of Graphic Arts, art director of Look and Quick magazines, and book designer. Correspondence, typescripts of Accent on Life and George Gershwin: Man and Legend, and files on other projects.
Abstract Letters written to Beaty's father, John Beaty, telling of experiences in the 149th Regiment of Pennsylvania Infantry.
Abstract Business and personal correspondence, account books, statements, and other records, relating to the meat packing company particularly in Liverpool, England, and Ottumwa, Iowa; and papers, including some of Thomas Dove Foster.
Abstract Subject files, correspondence, photographs, clippings, and other records.
Overview Screenwriter and director. Typescripts, screenplays, correspondence, clippings, proofs, photographs, etc.
Dates: 1945-2000; 1980-2015
Abstract Journalist with Time and Newsday, where he began a column nationally syndicated in 1969. Author of several books. Correspondence, research, interviews, audio tapes, photographs, speeches, reporter's notebooks, and preliminary drafts of his works.
Dates: 1956-1985; 1970-1990
Abstract Student leader, scholar, and athlete from Iowa. Correspondence, diaries, scrapbooks, speeches, photographs, articles, etc.
Abstract Congregational minister, lecturer, and professor. Subject files, literary manuscripts, diaries, photographs, and books relating to Foster's life and career.
Abstract Chemist and Lincoln scholar. Manuscripts, notes, proofs, reviews of books on Lincoln's death and the Civil War, and the manuscript of Eisenschiml's autobiography.
Abstract Cedar Rapids business people and collectors who donated their silver collection to the University of Iowa Museum of Art. This collection is made up of a series of correspondence and inventories of the Elliotts' library.
- University of Iowa 8
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 5
- Republican Party (Iowa) 4
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 3
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 3
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 3
- Redpath Lyceum Bureau 3
- Wallace, Henry A. (Henry Agard), 1888-1965 3
- Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Company 2
- Blanchard, Ruth 2
- Blanchard, Thomas 2
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 2
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969 2
- MacLaren, Gay 2
- Progressive Party (U.S. : 1948) 2
- Union Pacific Railroad Company 2
- United States. Department of Agriculture 2
- United States. Navy 2
- ATCA Artists' Works and Correspondence 1
- Adirondack Railway Company 1
- Allen, Woody 1
- Alternative Traditions in the Contemporary Arts (Program) 1
- American Institute of Graphic Arts 1
- American National Red Cross 1
- American Wildlife Institute 1
- Amtrak 1
- Andersonville Prison 1
- Armitage, Merle 1
- Association of College and Research Libraries 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Backman, Carl 1
- Baldwin, Calvin Benham 1
- Beaty, Miles 1
- Beebe, Lucius Morris, 1902-1966 1
- Biklen, Wayne 1
- Biklen, Wayne M. 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Blackhawk Foundry and Machine Company 1
- Blackhawk Foundry and Machine Company (Davenport, Iowa) 1
- Blanchard, Tom 1
- Blees, Robert 1
- Blue, Robert Donald 1
- Blunden, Edmund 1
- Blunden, Edmund, 1896-1974 1
- Bob Hanscom Players (Theatrical group) 1
- Bollinger, James W. (James Wills), 1867-1951 1
- Bonney, Josiah 1
- Bonney, Josiah H., 1817-1887 1
- Booth, Ballington, 1857-1940 1
- Booth, Maud Ballington 1
- Booth, Maud Ballington, 1865-1948 1
- Booth, T. E. 1
- Booth, Thomas Eyre, 1842-1927 1
- Brown, Lewis H. (Lewis Herold), 1894- 1
- Browning, Robert Morriss 1
- Browning, Robert Morriss, 1893-1963 1
- Burlington, Cedar Rapids and Northern Railway Company of Iowa 1
- Carlson, Esther Elizabeth 1
- Cassill, R. V. (Ronald Verlin), 1919-2002 1
- Cedar Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce 1
- Cedar Rapids and Missouri River Railroad Company 1
- Central Railroad of New Jersey 1
- Centro de Art y Comunicaci 1
- Centro de Arte y Comunicacia (Buenos Aires, Argentina) 1
- Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad Company 1
- Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul, and Pacific Railroad Company 1
- Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Rail Road Co. 1
- Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific Railroad Company (1866-1880) 1
- Chinese Writers 1
- Christisen, D. M. 1
- Clark, Glenn, 1882-1956 1
- Cleveland, Buster 1
- Cleveland, Buster, -1998 1
- Coffee House Press 1
- Cohen, Albert J. 1
- Colby, Anthony Owen 1
- Committee of Small Magazine Editors and Publishers (U.S.) 1
- Comrades In Service 1
- Congress of Industrial Organizations (U.S.) Political Action Committee. 1
- Cornell College (Mount Vernon, Iowa) 1
- Cowles, Gardner, 1861-1946 1
- Crane, Michael, 1948- 1
- Crary, Margaret 1
- Crawford and Eastwood Families 1
- Crawford family 1
- Credit Mobilier of America 1
- Crosby family 1
- Crowl, Denton Chester 1
- Culver, John 1
- Culver, John C., 1932- 1
- Darling, Jay N. 1
- Darling, Jay N. (Jay Norwood), 1876-1962 1
- Daumier, Honore, 1808-1879 1
- Davenport Besler Corportation 1
- Davenport Locomotive Works 1
- Davenport-Besler Corporation 1
- Dennis, Agnes Jolly McConnell, 1825-1900 1
- Dennis, Bryan Francis, 1819-1909 1
- Dew, B.R. 1
- Dickinson, Lester Jesse 1 ∧ less