Showing Collections: 81 - 100 of 107
Abstract Poet (numerous books from Worn Earth, 1932), editor of the O. Henry Prize Stories, 1954-1959, director of the Iowa Writers' Workshop, 1941-1967, and co-founder and director of the International Writers' Program, 1967-1976 at the University of Iowa. Literary manuscripts, correspondence, subject files, and student works documenting his career as a writer and teacher.
Abstract Correspondence, speeches, reports, business records, articles, campaign materials, fact sheets, form letters, directives, telegrams, pamphlets, press releases, clippings, and other related material concerning the party and the national election of 1948.
Dates: 1940-1969; 1940-1955
Abstract Collection of motion picture stills, theater lobby posters and window cards, display posters, press book material, and technical manuals for projectors and stage lighting. Covers both silent and sound motion picture.
Abstract Includes minute books, correspondence, and other records.
Dates: 1872-1934; 1870-1880
Abstract Commercial lecture bureau and booking agency for Chautauqua and lyceums throughout the United States and parts of Canada. Office files of the Redpath-Vawter Bureau of Cedar Rapids, IA, the Redpath-Chicago Bureau run by Harry P. Harrison and Charles Horner's Redpath Chautauquas. Included are: talent files consisting of correspondence, contracts, publicity brochures, and advertising flyers; business files including employee records; geographical location files with materials about cities and...
Abstract Member of a the Hanscom Players a well-known Chautauqua troupe that toured throughout the U.S.
Abstract American screenwriter, producer and actor. Personal papers contains an actors file, clippings and correspondences.
Abstract Motion picture and television script-writer and producer. Film treatments and screenplays written by Blees and other screenwriters, miscellaneous, memos and articles, film stills, photostats, phonographic recordings from soundtracks.
Abstract Governor of Iowa . Correspondence, subject files, photographs, scrapbooks, etc. relating to his political career.
Dates: 1934-1976; 1945-1948
Abstract World War I letters to students at the University of Iowa.
Dates: 1917-1963; 1917 1922
Scope and Contents There are no contents, the information for this collection has been moved to the Iowa Author’s Manuscript Collection, MsC0869.
Abstract Correspondence, photographs, memorabilia, etc. relating to the Civil War, railroading in the West, and the Alaskan gold rush.
Dates: 1858 -1947
Abstract American motion picture and television screenwriter. Primarily material documenting his career, with research notebooks, rough dra s and final versions of many of his screen and teleplays, along with photographs from the productions. Also personal material including correspondence and his education and military records.
Abstract Mostly programs from Chicago theaters; others are from St. Louis, New York, London, Des Moines, Iowa, Central City, Colorado, Oshkosh, Wisconsin, and various other places.
Scope and Contents Editor and publisher of the Anamosa Eureka in Anamosa , Iowa . Correspondence, manuscripts, photographs, a scrapbook, and other related papers.
Dates: 1895-1924; 1900-1910
Abstract Journalist and publisher. Managing editor of The Daily Iowan as a student, later wrote for newspapers including the New York Times and the Omaha World Herald. Collection consists of drafts for A Fellow of Infinite Jest (1946), a biography of Laurence Sterne, and his own autobiography, The Time of My Life.
Dates: 1946 and Undated
Abstract Chautauqua and radio performers. Correspondence, clippings, photographs, and ephemera.
Dates: 19071982; 1920-1940
Abstract Private press founded and operated by Allan and Cinda Kornblum in Iowa City in 1970. Comprised of subject files, correspondence, financial records, etc. relating to the daily operations and literary output of the private press.
Abstract Correspondence, minutes of board meetings, annual assembly programs, newsletters, financial records, environmental and model United Nations materials.
- University of Iowa 8
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 5
- Republican Party (Iowa) 4
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 3
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 3
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 3
- Redpath Lyceum Bureau 3
- Wallace, Henry A. (Henry Agard), 1888-1965 3
- Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Company 2
- Blanchard, Ruth 2
- Blanchard, Thomas 2
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 2
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969 2
- MacLaren, Gay 2
- Progressive Party (U.S. : 1948) 2
- Union Pacific Railroad Company 2
- United States. Department of Agriculture 2
- United States. Navy 2
- ATCA Artists' Works and Correspondence 1
- Adirondack Railway Company 1
- Allen, Woody 1
- Alternative Traditions in the Contemporary Arts (Program) 1
- American Institute of Graphic Arts 1
- American National Red Cross 1
- American Wildlife Institute 1
- Amtrak 1
- Andersonville Prison 1
- Armitage, Merle 1
- Association of College and Research Libraries 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Backman, Carl 1
- Baldwin, Calvin Benham 1
- Beaty, Miles 1
- Beebe, Lucius Morris, 1902-1966 1
- Biklen, Wayne 1
- Biklen, Wayne M. 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Blackhawk Foundry and Machine Company 1
- Blackhawk Foundry and Machine Company (Davenport, Iowa) 1
- Blanchard, Tom 1
- Blees, Robert 1
- Blue, Robert Donald 1
- Blunden, Edmund 1
- Blunden, Edmund, 1896-1974 1
- Bob Hanscom Players (Theatrical group) 1
- Bollinger, James W. (James Wills), 1867-1951 1
- Bonney, Josiah 1
- Bonney, Josiah H., 1817-1887 1
- Booth, Ballington, 1857-1940 1
- Booth, Maud Ballington 1
- Booth, Maud Ballington, 1865-1948 1
- Booth, T. E. 1
- Booth, Thomas Eyre, 1842-1927 1
- Brown, Lewis H. (Lewis Herold), 1894- 1
- Browning, Robert Morriss 1
- Browning, Robert Morriss, 1893-1963 1
- Burlington, Cedar Rapids and Northern Railway Company of Iowa 1
- Carlson, Esther Elizabeth 1
- Cassill, R. V. (Ronald Verlin), 1919-2002 1
- Cedar Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce 1
- Cedar Rapids and Missouri River Railroad Company 1
- Central Railroad of New Jersey 1
- Centro de Art y Comunicaci 1
- Centro de Arte y Comunicacia (Buenos Aires, Argentina) 1
- Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad Company 1
- Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul, and Pacific Railroad Company 1
- Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Rail Road Co. 1
- Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific Railroad Company (1866-1880) 1
- Chinese Writers 1
- Christisen, D. M. 1
- Clark, Glenn, 1882-1956 1
- Cleveland, Buster 1
- Cleveland, Buster, -1998 1
- Coffee House Press 1
- Cohen, Albert J. 1
- Colby, Anthony Owen 1
- Committee of Small Magazine Editors and Publishers (U.S.) 1
- Comrades In Service 1
- Congress of Industrial Organizations (U.S.) Political Action Committee. 1
- Cornell College (Mount Vernon, Iowa) 1
- Cowles, Gardner, 1861-1946 1
- Crane, Michael, 1948- 1
- Crary, Margaret 1
- Crawford and Eastwood Families 1
- Crawford family 1
- Credit Mobilier of America 1
- Crosby family 1
- Crowl, Denton Chester 1
- Culver, John 1
- Culver, John C., 1932- 1
- Darling, Jay N. 1
- Darling, Jay N. (Jay Norwood), 1876-1962 1
- Daumier, Honore, 1808-1879 1
- Davenport Besler Corportation 1
- Davenport Locomotive Works 1
- Davenport-Besler Corporation 1
- Dennis, Agnes Jolly McConnell, 1825-1900 1
- Dennis, Bryan Francis, 1819-1909 1
- Dew, B.R. 1
- Dickinson, Lester Jesse 1 ∧ less