Showing Collections: 1 - 19 of 19
Abstract Professor in English Department 1921-1956. Taught American literature and American drama courses.
Abstract University of Iowa professor of botany. founder of the Iowa Lakeside Biological Laboratory and the university herbarium. His papers include field notes pertaining to geology and flora of many Iowa counties.
Abstract Professor of art and art history. Consultant to National Endowment for the Humanities. Correspondence, administrative records.
Abstract Twelfth president of the University of Iowa, 1934-1940.
Abstract University of Iowa student, 1934-1940. Sterner documented UI cooperative dorms of this period. Photographs and notes.
Abstract The collection relates to most areas of the University of Iowa, including individuals, departments, and buildings.
Dates: 1866-2000; 1880-1980
Abstract A University of Iowa professor of philosophy. Class and seminar notes, correspondence, lectures and manuscript drafts. See also "From Positivism to Realism: The Philosophy of Gustav Bergmann" by William Heald in Books at Iowa 56 (April 1987). University Archives.
Scope and Contents Student records in advisee files are restricted. THE JAMES A. VAN ALLEN PAPERS, 1938-1990, chronicle the professional career in upper atmosphere research, space physics research, and academia of Dr. James Van Allen; and document how the shifting research trends affected the career of one scientist. This substantial collection includes papers created or consolidated by Dr. Van Allen excluding those connected to his tenure as Head of the Department of Physics and Astronomy at the University of...
Abstract Project engineer and engineering manager, University of Iowa Measurement Research Center. Product development at the MRC, including standardized test sheet scoring, electronic ballots, and other applications of scanning technologies. Reports, patent applications, press releases, newspaper clippings, photographs, extensive annotations in finding aid by donor.
Abstract Professor of psychology, University of Iowa, from 1923 until 1964. Designed tests to measure artistic aptitude, and audience response. Correspondence, photographs, lectures.
Abstract Professor, University of Iowa College of Law, from 1930 until his death in 1959. Lecturer on divorce laws, and founder of the National Council on Family Relations. Correspondence and manuscript drafts.
Abstract Professor of music, University of Iowa, from 1919 until his death in 1953. Composer and symphony conductor. Compositions, correspondence, and scrapbooks containing newspaper articles.
Abstract University of Iowa professor of botany, 1908-1940. Director of the Iowa Lakeside Laboratory, 1919-1923. Workshop and was instrumentalnd was instrumental in designing the first doctoral program in mass communication in the U.S.
Abstract University of Iowa professor of geology, and first head of that department. Instructor in paleontology, zoology, botany. Geologist for state of Iowa. Photographer of the Iowa City area.
Abstract Benjamin Shambaugh (1871-1940) was a University of Iowa professor of political science and, for many years, superintendent of the State Historical Society of Iowa. He and his wife, Bertha (1870-1953), hosted many scholars' visits to the University.
Abstract First director of Dormitories and Dining Services, with related records, as well as family history in the German town of Lincoln, Iowa. Correspondence, photographs, ephemera.
- University of Iowa. Department of Botany 2
- Amana Society 1
- American College Testing Program 1
- American Geophysical Union 1
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics 1
- Arecibo Observatory. Advisory Board 1
- Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy 1
- Bergmann, Gustav (Gustav Bergmann, Ph.D) 1
- Brentano, Franz Clemens, 1838-1917 1
- Brentano, Gödel Kurt 1
- COSPAR 1
- Calvin, Samuel 1
- Carnegie Institution of Washington. Department of Terrestrial Magnetism 1
- Cerro Tololo Inter-American Observatory 1
- Clapp, Philip Greeley 1
- Clapp, Philip Greeley, 1888-1954 1
- Compton, Arthur Holly, 1892-1962 1
- Cornell College (Mount Vernon, Iowa) 1
- Crawford, Bartholow 1
- Cuttler, Charles D. 1
- Damron, James N. 1
- Enemark, D. C. (Donald Clifford) 1
- Explorer I (Artificial satellite) 1
- Fiji-New Zealand expedition, 1922 1
- Frank, Louis A. 1
- Galileo Project 1
- Gilmore, Eugene A. 1
- Gurnett, Donald A. 1
- Harvard Law School 1
- Hawkeye (Artificial satellite) 1
- Injun (Artificial satellite) 1
- International Cosmic Ray Conference 1
- International School of Physics "Enrico Fermi" 1
- Iowa Academy of Science 1
- Iowa Lakeside Laboratory 1
- Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation 1
- Iowa Wesleyan College 1
- Itokawa, Hideo, 1912- 1
- James Forrestal Research Center 1
- Jet Propulsion Laboratory (U.S.) 1
- Johns Hopkins University. Applied Physics Laboratory 1
- Jupiter Radiation Belt Workshop 1
- Kent, Frederick W. 1
- Kent, Frederick W. (Frederick Wallace), 1894-1984 1
- Kitt Peak National Observatory 1
- Lafore, Laurence Davis 1
- Lasansky, Mauricio, 1914-2012 1
- Lindquist, E. F., 1901- 1
- McMillin, John V. 1
- Measurement Research Center (Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- Meier, Norman C. 1
- Mid-century White House Conference on Children and Youth (1950: Washington, D.C. 1
- Midwest Cosmic Ray Conference 1
- National Academy of Sciences (U.S.) Space Science Board 1
- National Science Foundation (U.S.) 1
- Pearson Education, Inc. 1
- Philippines. Department of Public Instruction 1
- Pound, Roscoe, 1870-1964 1
- Project Mariner (U.S.) 1
- Project Matterhorn 1
- Quezon, Manuel Luis, 1878-1944 1
- Rehder, Ted 1
- Rocket and Satellite Research Panel 1
- Rogers, John E., 1916-1981 1
- Sayre, Paul L. 1
- Shambaugh Family 1
- Shambaugh, Benjamin Franklin, 1871-1940 1
- Shambaugh, Bertha M. H. (Bertha Maude Horack), 1871-1953 1
- Shimek, Bohumil 1
- Stefansson, Vilhjalmur 1
- Sterner, Everett E. 1
- U.S. Atomic Energy Commission 1
- United States. Congress. Office of Technology Assessment 1
- United States. National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics 1
- United States. National Aeronautics and Space Administration 1
- United States. National Aeronautics and Space Administration. Lunar and Planetary Missions Board 1
- United States. Office of Naval Research 1
- United States. Office of Space Science and Applications 1
- United States. President's Science Advisory Committee 1
- University of Iowa School of Music 1
- University of Iowa. . Department of Geology 1
- University of Iowa. Department of English 1
- University of Iowa. Department of History 1
- University of Iowa. Department of Philosophy 1
- University of Iowa. Department of Physics and Astronomy 1
- University of Iowa. Department of Psychology 1
- University of Iowa. School of Art and Art History 1
- Upper Atmosphere Rocket Research Panel 1
- Van Allen, James A. (James Alfred), 1914-2006 1
- Vienna Circle 1
- Von Braun, Wernher, 1912-1977 1
- Voyager Project 1
- Wittgenstein, Ludwig, 1889-1951 1
- Wood, Leonard, 1860-1927 1
- Wylie, Robert B. 1 ∧ less