Showing Collections: 241 - 260 of 671
Abstract The papers consist largely of correspondence between Hilda and George Allen and their three children and cover a broad range of family, social and political issues.
Abstract Dramatist. Subject files relating to his career and personal life, including dra s, photographs, set designs, etc. Much of the collection relates to his best known play, Dark of the Moon..
Abstract Lecturer, author and playwright who ran the Teel School of Expression in Davenport, 1918-1934 and was later a writer and editor for the Durant News.
Dates: 1902-1973; 1920-1960
Collection — Folder: 1
Abstract Schoolteacher in the Waterloo area at the turn of the century.
Arrangement One folder shelved in SCVF.
Arrangement One folder shelved in SCVF.
Abstract Research materials for her book, The View From 70: Women's Recollections and Reflections, published in 2004.
Dates: 1999-2007; 1999-2007
Abstract Mexican American whose family migrated to the U.S., and eventually to Iowa, in the early twentieth century.
Abstract Iowa City group promoting friendship and understanding among women from around the world and the United States of America.
Abstract Farmwoman and past Queen of Flying Farmers of Iowa who encouraged farm wives and teens to learn to fly.
Abstract A student of zoology at the University of Iowa from 1904-1909 who wrote home frequently to her parents in Dows, IA.
Abstract Includes manuscripts, galley proofs, page proofs, dust jackets, and other miscellany associated with publications of many Iowa Authors.
Abstract The Iowa City Area Christian Women's Club holds Friendship Bible Coffees and monthly luncheons. The ICCW formed in 1967 as an offshoot of Stonecroft Ministries.
Abstract Iowa City publisher and printer of lesbian and feminist books that existed from 1973 to 1985.
Abstract Nondenominational and nonpartisan organization bringing Iowa women's clubs together.
Found in: University of Iowa Archives
Abstract The Iowa League for Nursing's efforts have included active participation in community planning and action for health care, advocating changes such as home health care. The organization made efforts to assure the continuing supply of nurses by providing them with the educational opportunities to reach their maximum career potential, ability to move into management and leadership positions, and promoting a greater public appreciation of nursing as a profession.
Abstract ILA was founded in Des Moines, IA in 1890 to make library service readily available to all Iowans. These records document the organization's history and current activities with reports, minutes, correspondence, photographs, district meeting files, ledgers, and membership lists.
Abstract Organization of physicians' spouses that worked to advance health and health education and to support medical families
Abstract Local chapter of the Iowa Nurses Association.
Abstract State branch of the national organization. The overall purpose of the association has been to promote and improve the professional skills and status of nurses. Arrangement Administrative Records, 1904-1989 (boxes 1-18) American Nurses Association, 1928-1989 (boxes 18-24) Committees, 1933-1989 (boxes24-34) Continuing Education, 1955-1989 (boxes 34-36) Conventions, 1904-1989 (boxes 37-44) Districts, 1920-1984 (boxes44-48) Economic...
- Subject: Photographs X
- Iowa Women's Archives 545
- University of Iowa Special Collections 107
- University of Iowa Archives 19
- State University of Iowa 56
- University of Iowa 46
- Republican Party (Iowa) 19
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 17
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 15
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 11
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 8
- American Association of University Women 7
- Grinnell College 7
- Iowa State Teachers College 7
- American National Red Cross 6
- Iowa Women's Hall of Fame 6
- League of Women Voters of Iowa 6
- Mason, Kären 6
- University of Iowa. Hospitals and Clinics 6
- Drake University 5
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 5
- Iowa State College 5
- University of Iowa. College of Nursing 5
- University of Iowa. Libraries. Iowa Women's Archives 5
- City High School (Iowa City, Iowa) 4
- General Federation of Women's Clubs 4
- Iowa State University 4
- League of United Latin American Citizens. Council 10 (Davenport, Iowa) 4
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 4
- Republican National Committee (U.S.) 4
- Shrauger, Cornelia Prentiss, 1896-1985 4
- State University of Iowa. Department of Home Economics 4
- United Nations 4
- United Nations Association of the United States of America. Iowa Division 4
- United States. Naval Reserve. Women's Reserve 4
- University High School (Iowa City, Iowa) 4
- White family 4
- Coe College 3
- Cornell College (Mount Vernon, Iowa) 3
- Ellsworth Community College (Iowa Falls, Iowa) 3
- Everett, Beverly, 1926-2001 3
- Jones, Virginia Shrauger, 1921- 3
- Keyes, Margaret N., 1918-2015 3
- League of United Latin American Citizens 3
- League of Women Voters of Johnson County, Iowa 3
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 3
- O'Dea, Suzanne, 1950- 3
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America 3
- Progressive Party (U.S. : 1948) 3
- Redpath Lyceum Bureau 3
- State University of Iowa. School of Nursing 3
- United Nations Association of the United States of America 3
- United States. Navy 3
- University of Iowa. Department of History 3
- University of Iowa. Department of Physical Education for Women 3
- University of Iowa. School of Art and Art History 3
- University of Iowa. Women's Resource and Action Center 3
- University of Wisconsin 3
- Veterans Administration Hospital (Iowa City, Iowa) 3
- Wallace, Henry A. (Henry Agard), 1888-1965 3
- YWCA of Greater Des Moines 3
- Young Women's Christian Association of the U.S.A. 3
- American Association for the United Nations 2
- Atlantic High School (Atlantic, Iowa) 2
- Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Company 2
- Blanchard, Ruth 2
- Blanchard, Thomas 2
- Bourret, Joan Liffring-Zug, 1929- 2
- Central College (Pella, Iowa) 2
- Coffin, Barbara, 1941- 2
- Conlin, Roxanne Barton, 1944- 2
- Crawford family 2
- Darling, Jay N. (Jay Norwood), 1876-1962 2
- Daughters of the American Revolution 2
- Davis, Aldeen 2
- Day, Cornelia, 1919-2004 2
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 2
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969 2
- Ellsworth family 2
- Emma Goldman Clinic 2
- Engle, Paul, 1908-1991 2
- Englert, Edna Rummelhart, 1902-2005 2
- Everett family 2
- Felton, Geraldene, 1926- 2
- Fox, Margaret, 1912-2010 2
- Furgerson, Betty Jean, 1927- 2
- Girl Scouts of the United States of America 2
- Glandorf, Gil 2
- Godwin, Trula, 1940-2002 2
- Grand View College 2
- Grefe, Mary 2
- Griffin, Edna, 1909-2000 2
- Gunderson, Helen, 1945- 2
- Hemm, Joan, 1957- 2
- Henry, Phylliss, 1940- 2
- Hodne, Carol 2
- International Wives Club (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- Iowa Academy of Science 2
- Iowa Civil Liberties Union 2
- Iowa Civil Rights Commission 2
- Iowa Cornets (Basketball team) 2
- Iowa Falls High School (Iowa Falls, Iowa) 2
- Iowa Farmers Union 2
- Iowa League for Nursing 2 ∧ less