Showing Collections: 301 - 320 of 671
Overview Diaries and school papers of a rural school teacher and farm wife.
Abstract Iowa City political activist.
Abstract Elected to the Iowa House of Representatives in 1982 and in 1986, she became the first woman Lieutenant Governor of Iowa.
Abstract Records of the Shady Ladies, a Colorado based historical performance organization founded by Hemm.
Abstract Iowa photographer and publisher of many regional and national photographic books.
Abstract Des Moines-born clubwoman, community leader, businesswoman, and Republican Party activist.
Abstract State senator from 1972 to 1980 from Grinnell, Iowa.
Abstract A resident of Davenport from 1962, Weldon publicly acknowledged her lesbian identity during the early 1950s.
Abstract U.S. Congressman and Senator from Iowa.
Abstract Scott was the head of the Department of English at Coe College in Cedar Rapids, Iowa for seven years beginning in 1908. He joined the faculty of the English department at the University of Iowa in 1915. The collection documents Scott's research theories regarding the connections between speech inflections and literary authorship, as well as his book collecting interests which focused on John Henry Ireland.
Abstract Record of expenditures for a farm located on Muscatine Island.
Abstract Railroadiana collection. Time tables, train registers, train orders, menus, tickets, etc.
Abstract Project engineer and engineering manager, University of Iowa Measurement Research Center. Product development at the MRC, including standardized test sheet scoring, electronic ballots, and other applications of scanning technologies. Reports, patent applications, press releases, newspaper clippings, photographs, extensive annotations in finding aid by donor.
Found in: University of Iowa Archives
Abstract Iowa family that corresponded during World War II.
Abstract Britt, Iowa-born member of the Iowa House of Representatives and vice-chair of the Committee on Agriculture during the farm crisis of the 1980s.
Abstract Teacher, artist, poet and author from Early, Iowa.
Abstract Volunteer whose work centered on her involvement in the Woman's Relief Corps.
Abstract Artist, librarian, and student of Corita Kent.
Abstract Secretary of State of Iowa . Correspondence and photographs.
Dates: 1841-1856; 1848-1849
- Subject: Photographs X
- Iowa Women's Archives 545
- University of Iowa Special Collections 107
- University of Iowa Archives 19
- State University of Iowa 56
- University of Iowa 46
- Republican Party (Iowa) 19
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 17
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 15
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 11
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 8
- American Association of University Women 7
- Grinnell College 7
- Iowa State Teachers College 7
- American National Red Cross 6
- Iowa Women's Hall of Fame 6
- League of Women Voters of Iowa 6
- Mason, Kären 6
- University of Iowa. Hospitals and Clinics 6
- Drake University 5
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 5
- Iowa State College 5
- University of Iowa. College of Nursing 5
- University of Iowa. Libraries. Iowa Women's Archives 5
- City High School (Iowa City, Iowa) 4
- General Federation of Women's Clubs 4
- Iowa State University 4
- League of United Latin American Citizens. Council 10 (Davenport, Iowa) 4
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 4
- Republican National Committee (U.S.) 4
- Shrauger, Cornelia Prentiss, 1896-1985 4
- State University of Iowa. Department of Home Economics 4
- United Nations 4
- United Nations Association of the United States of America. Iowa Division 4
- United States. Naval Reserve. Women's Reserve 4
- University High School (Iowa City, Iowa) 4
- White family 4
- Coe College 3
- Cornell College (Mount Vernon, Iowa) 3
- Ellsworth Community College (Iowa Falls, Iowa) 3
- Everett, Beverly, 1926-2001 3
- Jones, Virginia Shrauger, 1921- 3
- Keyes, Margaret N., 1918-2015 3
- League of United Latin American Citizens 3
- League of Women Voters of Johnson County, Iowa 3
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 3
- O'Dea, Suzanne, 1950- 3
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America 3
- Progressive Party (U.S. : 1948) 3
- Redpath Lyceum Bureau 3
- State University of Iowa. School of Nursing 3
- United Nations Association of the United States of America 3
- United States. Navy 3
- University of Iowa. Department of History 3
- University of Iowa. Department of Physical Education for Women 3
- University of Iowa. School of Art and Art History 3
- University of Iowa. Women's Resource and Action Center 3
- University of Wisconsin 3
- Veterans Administration Hospital (Iowa City, Iowa) 3
- Wallace, Henry A. (Henry Agard), 1888-1965 3
- YWCA of Greater Des Moines 3
- Young Women's Christian Association of the U.S.A. 3
- American Association for the United Nations 2
- Atlantic High School (Atlantic, Iowa) 2
- Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Company 2
- Blanchard, Ruth 2
- Blanchard, Thomas 2
- Bourret, Joan Liffring-Zug, 1929- 2
- Central College (Pella, Iowa) 2
- Coffin, Barbara, 1941- 2
- Conlin, Roxanne Barton, 1944- 2
- Crawford family 2
- Darling, Jay N. (Jay Norwood), 1876-1962 2
- Daughters of the American Revolution 2
- Davis, Aldeen 2
- Day, Cornelia, 1919-2004 2
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 2
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969 2
- Ellsworth family 2
- Emma Goldman Clinic 2
- Engle, Paul, 1908-1991 2
- Englert, Edna Rummelhart, 1902-2005 2
- Everett family 2
- Felton, Geraldene, 1926- 2
- Fox, Margaret, 1912-2010 2
- Furgerson, Betty Jean, 1927- 2
- Girl Scouts of the United States of America 2
- Glandorf, Gil 2
- Godwin, Trula, 1940-2002 2
- Grand View College 2
- Grefe, Mary 2
- Griffin, Edna, 1909-2000 2
- Gunderson, Helen, 1945- 2
- Hemm, Joan, 1957- 2
- Henry, Phylliss, 1940- 2
- Hodne, Carol 2
- International Wives Club (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- Iowa Academy of Science 2
- Iowa Civil Liberties Union 2
- Iowa Civil Rights Commission 2
- Iowa Cornets (Basketball team) 2
- Iowa Falls High School (Iowa Falls, Iowa) 2
- Iowa Farmers Union 2
- Iowa League for Nursing 2 ∧ less