Showing Collections: 41 - 60 of 671
Abstract Educator, author, collector of children's books.
Abstract Diaries of an Iowa woman.
Abstract A talented seamstress and milliner, Bertha Gotter Hedges was born in Greene County, Iowa, in 1887.
Abstract Writer and life-long student who was active in the Sisterhood (Jewish aid society) at the Beth El Jacob Synagogue in Des Moines and Hadassah, a national organization aiding disadvantaged Jews, primarily children.
Abstract A women's study club in Percival, Iowa that was founded in 1922.
Abstract Mapleton, Iowa high school student who sent telegrams for Western Union during World War II.
Abstract Community activist from Red Oak, Iowa.
Abstract Teacher, social worker, human rights commission director, and university regent from Waterloo.
Abstract Correspondence between Wapello farm woman and two Polish families after World War II.
Abstract Two-term Iowa state senator. Hannon chaired the Human Resources Committee and was instrumental in founding the Iowa Women's Foundation in Iowa City.
Abstract Television and radio broadcaster, producer and writer who worked in Iowa and Hollywood in the 1940s.
Abstract Family farmer, volunteer, and community activist who served on U.S. National Commission for UNESCO and the International Women's Year Commission.
Abstract Newspaperman in Columbus Junction, Iowa. Journals, correspondence, business records, and subject files relating to his life and career as the editor and publisher of the Columbus Gazette and as the publisher of the Iowa Union Farmer. Subject files include topics ranging from the Iowa Union Farmer to the Louisa County Fair.
Abstract Social worker, community activist, and civic administrator who founded the Quad Cities Conference on Black Families, Inc.
Dates: 1957-1995; 1976-1991
Abstract Iron casting company in Davenport, Iowa. Includes blueprints, budgets, correspondence, publicity, and photographs.
Abstract Puerto Rican woman who served in the Women's Army Corps during World War II and trained at Fort Des Moines, Iowa.
Abstract University of Iowa professor of botany. founder of the Iowa Lakeside Biological Laboratory and the university herbarium. His papers include field notes pertaining to geology and flora of many Iowa counties.
Found in: University of Iowa Archives
Abstract The club was organized in 1911 for the social and intellectual benefit of the ladies of Boone and the surrounding area.
Abstract The Bowersox family settled in Johnson County, Iowa in approximately 1855. The papers include a family account book, school exams and teaching certificates.
Dates: 1861-2002; 1888-1945
Abstract Railroad employee and collector. Collection of publications, timetables, photographs, tickets, passes, and artifacts relating to the Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railway, as well as other railroads.
- Subject: Photographs X
- Iowa Women's Archives 545
- University of Iowa Special Collections 107
- University of Iowa Archives 19
- State University of Iowa 56
- University of Iowa 46
- Republican Party (Iowa) 19
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 17
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 15
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 11
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 8
- American Association of University Women 7
- Grinnell College 7
- Iowa State Teachers College 7
- American National Red Cross 6
- Iowa Women's Hall of Fame 6
- League of Women Voters of Iowa 6
- Mason, Kären 6
- University of Iowa. Hospitals and Clinics 6
- Drake University 5
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 5
- Iowa State College 5
- University of Iowa. College of Nursing 5
- University of Iowa. Libraries. Iowa Women's Archives 5
- City High School (Iowa City, Iowa) 4
- General Federation of Women's Clubs 4
- Iowa State University 4
- League of United Latin American Citizens. Council 10 (Davenport, Iowa) 4
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 4
- Republican National Committee (U.S.) 4
- Shrauger, Cornelia Prentiss, 1896-1985 4
- State University of Iowa. Department of Home Economics 4
- United Nations 4
- United Nations Association of the United States of America. Iowa Division 4
- United States. Naval Reserve. Women's Reserve 4
- University High School (Iowa City, Iowa) 4
- White family 4
- Coe College 3
- Cornell College (Mount Vernon, Iowa) 3
- Ellsworth Community College (Iowa Falls, Iowa) 3
- Everett, Beverly, 1926-2001 3
- Jones, Virginia Shrauger, 1921- 3
- Keyes, Margaret N., 1918-2015 3
- League of United Latin American Citizens 3
- League of Women Voters of Johnson County, Iowa 3
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 3
- O'Dea, Suzanne, 1950- 3
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America 3
- Progressive Party (U.S. : 1948) 3
- Redpath Lyceum Bureau 3
- State University of Iowa. School of Nursing 3
- United Nations Association of the United States of America 3
- United States. Navy 3
- University of Iowa. Department of History 3
- University of Iowa. Department of Physical Education for Women 3
- University of Iowa. School of Art and Art History 3
- University of Iowa. Women's Resource and Action Center 3
- University of Wisconsin 3
- Veterans Administration Hospital (Iowa City, Iowa) 3
- Wallace, Henry A. (Henry Agard), 1888-1965 3
- YWCA of Greater Des Moines 3
- Young Women's Christian Association of the U.S.A. 3
- American Association for the United Nations 2
- Atlantic High School (Atlantic, Iowa) 2
- Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Company 2
- Blanchard, Ruth 2
- Blanchard, Thomas 2
- Bourret, Joan Liffring-Zug, 1929- 2
- Central College (Pella, Iowa) 2
- Coffin, Barbara, 1941- 2
- Conlin, Roxanne Barton, 1944- 2
- Crawford family 2
- Darling, Jay N. (Jay Norwood), 1876-1962 2
- Daughters of the American Revolution 2
- Davis, Aldeen 2
- Day, Cornelia, 1919-2004 2
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 2
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969 2
- Ellsworth family 2
- Emma Goldman Clinic 2
- Engle, Paul, 1908-1991 2
- Englert, Edna Rummelhart, 1902-2005 2
- Everett family 2
- Felton, Geraldene, 1926- 2
- Fox, Margaret, 1912-2010 2
- Furgerson, Betty Jean, 1927- 2
- Girl Scouts of the United States of America 2
- Glandorf, Gil 2
- Godwin, Trula, 1940-2002 2
- Grand View College 2
- Grefe, Mary 2
- Griffin, Edna, 1909-2000 2
- Gunderson, Helen, 1945- 2
- Hemm, Joan, 1957- 2
- Henry, Phylliss, 1940- 2
- Hodne, Carol 2
- International Wives Club (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- Iowa Academy of Science 2
- Iowa Civil Liberties Union 2
- Iowa Civil Rights Commission 2
- Iowa Cornets (Basketball team) 2
- Iowa Falls High School (Iowa Falls, Iowa) 2
- Iowa Farmers Union 2
- Iowa League for Nursing 2 ∧ less