Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 79
Abstract Republican National Committeewoman in the 1950s and 1960s from Red Oak, Iowa.
Abstract U.S. Representative from Iowa. Correspondence, subject files, legislative records, and speeches relating to his career in the Congress.
Abstract Two-term Iowa state senator. Hannon chaired the Human Resources Committee and was instrumental in founding the Iowa Women's Foundation in Iowa City.
Abstract Organization formed to work for passage of Iowa state ERA.
Abstract U.S. Representative from Iowa and attorney. Subject files relating to his Congressional career. Includes campaign materials, and files on conservation, tariffs, pensions, and other subjects.
Abstract Attorney, Congressman, and U.S. Court of Claims commissioner from Iowa. Correspondence, clippings, court records and opinions, and speeches.
Dates: 1904-1943; Majority of material found in 1920-1940
Abstract Journalist and 1996 congressional candidate.
Abstract English professor and Republican Party official in Iowa. Correspondence and subject files relating to Republican party politics in Winneshiek County, Iowa.
Abstract Organization created to recruit, educate, and elect Democratic women to public office in Iowa.
Abstract Organic farmer and political activist who served as president of National Family Farm Coalition.
Abstract State senator, farmer, and bank president. Primarily speeches about agriculture, with newspaper clippings, campaign literature, and correspondence.
Abstract Iowa state senator and U.S. Representative from Iowa . Office files, correspondence, speeches, and campaign material.
Abstract Lawyer, co-chairman of Iowans for Kennedy (1960), and director of the Office of Emergency Planning, 1962-1965. Reports, speeches, press releases, subject files, and correspondence relating to his career in government service during the 1960s.
Abstract Iowa state senator, lieutenant governor of Iowa, Democratic candidate for governor of Iowa, delegate to Democratic National Convention, and U.S. District Court Judge for Northern District of Iowa. Correspondence, speeches, telegrams, campaign material, press releases, photographs, newspaper clippings, tape recordings, phonograph recordings, and scrapbooks.
Dates: 1942-1964; 1960-1970
Abstract Iowa State senator, Des Moines City Council member, and hearing and speech consultant.
Abstract Politician and women's rights activist from Red Oak, Iowa,who ran for Iowa state representative in 1966.
Collection — Folder: 1
Abstract Farm woman and Republican state legislator from Marshalltown, Iowa.
Arrangement One folder, shelved in SCVF.
Arrangement One folder, shelved in SCVF.
Overview This collection is comprised of the papers of Iowa Representative Fred Schwengel.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1960 - 1971
Abstract U.S. Representative from Iowa. Correspondence, speeches, and campaign material relating to his years in the Congress.
Abstract Lawyer, state legislator, and Governor of Iowa . Subject files, campaign files, correspondence, and clippings relating primarily to his 1914 bid for re-election.
Dates: 1904-1937; Majority of material found in 1913-1915
- Subject: Political campaigns X
- Iowa Women's Archives 44
- University of Iowa Special Collections 35
- Republican Party (Iowa) 24
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 21
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 13
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 11
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 9
- League of Women Voters of Iowa 4
- United States Postal Service 4
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 3
- O'Dea, Suzanne, 1950- 3
- Progressive Party (U.S. : 1948) 3
- Republican National Committee (U.S.) 3
- Republican National Convention 3
- State University of Iowa 3
- University of Iowa 3
- Allen, Sewell E., 1913-1975 2
- American Association of University Women 2
- Branstad, Terry E. 2
- Democratic Party (Iowa). State Central Committee 2
- Ford, Gerald R., 1913-2006 2
- Iowa ERA Coalition 2
- Iowa. General Assembly 2
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 2
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America 2
- Ray, Robert D., 1928- 2
- Republican National Convention (31st : 1976 : Kansas City, Mo.) 2
- United Nations 2
- United Nations Association of the United States of America. Iowa Division 2
- United States Commission on Civil Rights 2
- United States. Congress 2
- United States. Congress. House 2
- University of Iowa. College of Law 2
- Alan Guttmacher Institute 1
- Alfred University 1
- Algona High School (Algona, Iowa) 1
- Allen family 1
- Allen, George Eugene, 1887-1944 1
- Allen, Hilda Ellyson, 1988- 1
- Allen, Philip, 1915- 1
- Allison, William B. 1
- American Association for the United Nations 1
- American Legion 1
- American Patients Association 1
- Americans for Religious Liberty 1
- Anderson, Margaret, 1928- 1
- Arizona State University 1
- Attlee, C. R. (Clement Richard), 1883-1967 1
- Attlee, Felicity 1
- Attlee, Martin 1
- Attlee, Violet 1
- Baker, Hermione Georgette Allen, 1917- 1
- Beck, Robert K. 1
- Beck, Robert Knowlton, 1915- 1
- Berg, Orville 1
- Biermann, Frederick Elliott 1
- Bogan, Gerald 1
- Brigance, Linda 1
- Bush, George, 1924- 1
- Campaign to Add Women to the Iowa Constitution 1
- Campbell, Ed Hoyt 1
- Carter, Steven V. 1
- Catholics for a Free Choice (Organization) 1
- Center for the American Woman and Politics (Eagleton Institute of Politics) 1
- Chicago Housing Authority 1
- Chisholm, Shirley, 1924-2005 1
- Citizens National Bank (Hampton, Iowa) 1
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) 1
- Clarke, George 1
- Cochrane, William, 1867-1941 1
- Collins, Susan 1
- Commerce and Industry Association of New York. 1
- Conlin, Roxanne Barton, 1944- 1
- Democratic Activist Women's Network. District 1 1
- Des Moines Human Rights Commission 1
- Dickinson, Lester Jesse 1
- Doderer, Minnette, 1923-2005 1
- Dolliver, James I. 1
- Drake University 1
- Duncan, Bob 1
- Eggers, Lolly, 1929- 1
- Elijah, Earl 1
- Emma Goldman Clinic 1
- Feminist Majority (Organization) 1
- Florida Women's Consortium 1
- Frank, Lew 1
- Gammack, Katy, 1941- 1
- Garrett, Harry Freeland 1
- General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (Organization) 1
- Goldwater, Barry M. (Barry Morris), 1909-1998 1
- Goodrich, W. H. 1
- Grassley, Charles 1
- Grefe, Mary 1
- Grinnell College 1
- Gruhn, Josephine, 1927- 1
- Hammond, Johnie, 1932- 1
- Hannon, Beverly A., 1932- 1
- Hansen, Kathryn W. 1
- Harkin, Tom 1
- Harper, Patricia, 1932- 1
- Harris, Briana 1
- Harris, Larry 1 ∧ less