Showing Collections: 1 - 17 of 17
Abstract Government official and Progressive Party officer. Correspondence, subject files, speeches, clippings, tape recordings, photographs, and scrapbooks.
Abstract Seventh president of the University of Iowa, 1887-1898.
Abstract Twelfth president of the University of Iowa, 1934-1940.
Abstract Editor of Wallaces' Farmer 1921-1933; Secretary of Agriculture, 1933-1940; Vice-President of the United States, 1941-1945; Secretary of Commerce, 1945-1946. Includes audio visual materials; clippings; an extensive collection of correspondence, including photocopies of the microfilm edition of the originals in the Library of Congress, Manuscript Division; government documents; personal papers; photographs; research materials, with an emphasis on agriculture, particularly corn, but including...
Abstract Nineteenth president of the University of Iowa, 1964-1969.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of three series: Correspondence, Publications, and Speeches and Articles. The Correspondence series is closed to research 30 years after date of creation. The Publications and Speeches/Articles series are open for research.
Abstract Ninth president of the University of Iowa, 1911-1914.
Overview Josiah L. Pickard served as the sixth president of the State University of Iowa, from 1878 to 1887.
Abstract Photographs from the 1948 Presidential campaign of Henry A. Wallace, running on the Progressive Party ticket.
Abstract Eighteenth president of the University of Iowa.
Abstract Correspondence, speeches, reports, business records, articles, campaign materials, fact sheets, form letters, directives, telegrams, pamphlets, press releases, clippings, and other related material concerning the party and the national election of 1948.
Dates: 1940-1969; 1940-1955
Overview The second president of the State University of Iowa, serving from 1859 to 1862.
Abstract Journalist and writer who published several articles in Mademoiselle. She also served as University of Iowa First Lady from 1969-1981.
Found in: Iowa Women's Archives
Abstract Republican party official. Subject files relating to Republican politics in Iowa and the nation, especially the 1976 election.
Dates: 1966-1977; 1976
Abstract President of the University of Iowa, 1969-1981.
- Subject: Presidents X
- University of Iowa Archives 10
- University of Iowa Special Collections 6
- Iowa Women's Archives 1
- Wallace, Henry A. (Henry Agard), 1888-1965 3
- Progressive Party (U.S. : 1948) 2
- Republican Party (Iowa) 2
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 2
- Baldwin, Calvin Benham 1
- Bowen, Howard R. 1
- Bowman, John G. 1
- Boyd, Susan, 1927- 1
- Boyd, Willard L. 1
- Coleman, Mary Sue 1
- Congress of Industrial Organizations (U.S.) Political Action Committee. 1
- Currier, Amos Noyes 1
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 1
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969 1
- Ford, Gerald R., 1913-2006 1
- Gilmore, Eugene A. 1
- Goodrich, W. H. 1
- Keyes, Scott 1
- Lazarus, Julius 1
- Lazarus, Julius, 1918-2008 1
- National Farmers' Union (U.S.) 1
- National Wallace for President Committee 1
- Philippines. Department of Public Instruction 1
- Pickard, Josiah L. 1
- Progressive Citizens of America 1
- Progressive Party 1
- Quezon, Manuel Luis, 1878-1944 1
- Rawlings, Hunter R. 1
- Republican National Convention (31st : 1976 : Kansas City, Mo.) 1
- Schaeffer, Charles A. 1
- Totten, Silas 1
- United States. Department of Agriculture 1
- United States. Farm Security Administration 1
- University of Iowa 1
- University of Iowa. College of Liberal Arts 1
- University of Minnesota 1
- Weaver, William O. 1
- Wellesley College 1
- Wood, Leonard, 1860-1927 1 ∧ less