Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 271
Abstract Social worker and University of Iowa professor. Arrangement There are three videocassettes in the collection. "The Road Not Taken: A Retrospective" and "80th Birthday Party" (1994) VHS and 8mm. These two videocassettes are identical except for their format. They both represent a video version of Mays's scrapbook, including photographs not contained in Mays's papers,followed by filmed footage from her eightieth birthday party on June 4, 1994....
Abstract Actress, homemaker, and 1928 graduate of the State University of Iowa in Iowa City.
Abstract Correspondence and scrapbook of student years at Simpson Conservatory in Indianola, Iowa.
Abstract High school English teacher who was active in state and national Democratic Party politics during the 1950s and 1960s.
Dates: 1899-1994; 1920-1968
Abstract Muscatine, Iowa, newspaper columnist active in arts, civic, educational, and religious organizations.
Abstract University of Iowa graduate who worked as a secretary. The papers mainly consist of the diaries she kept from 1926-2002.
Dates: 1888-2005; 1923-2005
Abstract 4-H scrapbook and record books.
Collection — Multiple Containers
Abstract Iowa City chapter.
Abstract Materials relate to the efforts of Voigts to obtain the release of her sister, Kathryn Koob, who was held hostage in Iran between 1979 and 1981.
Abstract Buchanan County farmwoman who was active in the Farm Bureau and county historical society.
Abstract Republican National Committeewoman in the 1950s and 1960s from Red Oak, Iowa.
Abstract Journalist who wrote for Des Moines and Waterloo newspapers.
Abstract Clinical psychologist and University of Iowa alumna who was a member of the Des Moines Know Your Neighbor panel.
Dates: 1946-1996; 1961-1966
Abstract Editor of the Sioux City Journal. Primarily correspondence, with speeches, clippings, and a scrapbook on Abraham Lincoln.
Dates: 1913-1949; 1919-1930
Found in: University of Iowa Special Collections
Abstract Muscatine organization of area artists who opened a shop and organized an annual craft fair, classes, and craft demonstrations.
Abstract Iowa City study club organized in 1897.
Abstract Scrapbook album, which contains a brief history of the Balasi family, artists' copies of performance contracts, promotional materials, newspaper reviews, photographs documenting their performances, and sheet music for music included in their performances. Sometimes the name appears as Balasic.
Found in: University of Iowa Special Collections
Abstract Engineering clerk, weaver, photographer, and traveler from Boone, Iowa.
Dates: 1855-1980; 1940-1980
Abstract A talented seamstress and milliner, Bertha Gotter Hedges was born in Greene County, Iowa, in 1887.
- Subject: Scrapbooks X
- Iowa Women's Archives 207
- University of Iowa Special Collections 61
- University of Iowa Archives 3
- State University of Iowa 30
- University of Iowa 17
- Republican Party (Iowa) 15
- Iowa State College 6
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 5
- General Federation of Women's Clubs 5
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 5
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 5
- Iowa State Teachers College 4
- Iowa State University 4
- American Association of University Women 3
- American National Red Cross 3
- United States. Navy 3
- University of Iowa. Libraries. Iowa Women's Archives 3
- Young Women's Christian Association of the U.S.A. 3
- Allen, Sewell E., 1913-1975 2
- American Legion 2
- B.F. Keith (Firm) 2
- City High School (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- Crawford family 2
- Daughters of the American Revolution 2
- Davis, Aldeen 2
- Day, Cornelia, 1919-2004 2
- Des Moines Women's Club 2
- Everett family 2
- Everett, Beverly, 1926-2001 2
- Federated Garden Clubs of Iowa 2
- Grand View College 2
- Grinnell College 2
- Iowa Cornets (Basketball team) 2
- Iowa Medical Society. Woman's Auxiliary 2
- Iowa Mother of the Year 2
- Iowa Porkettes 2
- Iowa State Conservation Commission 2
- Iowa Women's Hall of Fame 2
- Iowa Women's Political Caucus 2
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 2
- Jones, Virginia Shrauger, 1921- 2
- Keyes, Margaret N., 1918-2015 2
- Kinnick, Nile C. (Nile Clarke), 1918-1943 2
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 2
- National Women's Conference (1st : 1977 : Houston, Tex.) 2
- Noun, Louise R. 2
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America 2
- Republican National Committee (U.S.) 2
- Shrauger family 2
- Shrauger, Cornelia Prentiss, 1896-1985 2
- Shrauger, Harold, Sr. 2
- Smith, Mary Louise 2
- State University of Iowa. School of Nursing 2
- Trailer family 2
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service 2
- United Nations Association of the United States of America. Iowa Division 2
- United Service Organizations (U.S.) 2
- United States Commission on Civil Rights 2
- United States. Naval Reserve. Women's Reserve 2
- University of Colorado Boulder 2
- University of Iowa. Department of Physical Education for Women 2
- University of Iowa. Hospitals and Clinics 2
- Woman's Christian Temperance Union of Iowa 2
- Women's Professional Basketball League 2
- YWCA of Greater Des Moines 2
- Albee, Edward Franklin, 1857-1930 1
- Alfred University 1
- Algona High School (Algona, Iowa) 1
- Allen family 1
- Allen, Arthur Francis 1
- Allen, George Eugene, 1887-1944 1
- Allen, Hilda Ellyson, 1988- 1
- Allen, Philip, 1915- 1
- American Academy of Neurology. Women's Auxiliary 1
- American Association for Health, Physical Education, and Recreation 1
- American Association for the United Nations 1
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education 1
- American Association of Dental Schools 1
- American Association of University Professors 1
- American Association of University Women. Iowa City Branch 1
- American Business Women's Association. Grant Wood Chapter 1
- American Dental Association 1
- American Dental Hygienists' Association 1
- American Farm Bureau Federation 1
- American Institute of Graphic Arts 1
- American Legion Auxiliary 1
- American Medical Association 1
- American Mission Upper Nile 1
- American Theological Society 1
- American Wildlife Institute 1
- Amtrak 1
- Angrick, William 1
- Ankeny High School (Ankeny, Iowa) 1
- Anneberg, Dorothy Spencer 1
- Anton, Judy 1
- Arizona State University 1
- Armand Company 1
- Armitage, Merle 1
- Art Institute of Chicago. School 1
- Artists In Action (Muscatine, Iowa) 1
- Associated Country Women of the World 1
- Associated Country Women of the World. Conference 1
- Associated Press 1 ∧ less