Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 206
Abstract Social worker and University of Iowa professor. Arrangement There are three videocassettes in the collection. "The Road Not Taken: A Retrospective" and "80th Birthday Party" (1994) VHS and 8mm. These two videocassettes are identical except for their format. They both represent a video version of Mays's scrapbook, including photographs not contained in Mays's papers,followed by filmed footage from her eightieth birthday party on June 4, 1994....
Abstract Actress, homemaker, and 1928 graduate of the State University of Iowa in Iowa City.
Abstract Correspondence and scrapbook of student years at Simpson Conservatory in Indianola, Iowa.
Abstract High school English teacher who was active in state and national Democratic Party politics during the 1950s and 1960s.
Dates: 1899-1994; 1920-1968
Abstract Muscatine, Iowa, newspaper columnist active in arts, civic, educational, and religious organizations.
Abstract University of Iowa graduate who worked as a secretary. The papers mainly consist of the diaries she kept from 1926-2002.
Dates: 1888-2005; 1923-2005
Abstract 4-H scrapbook and record books.
Collection — Multiple Containers
Abstract Iowa City chapter.
Abstract Materials relate to the efforts of Voigts to obtain the release of her sister, Kathryn Koob, who was held hostage in Iran between 1979 and 1981.
Abstract Buchanan County farmwoman who was active in the Farm Bureau and county historical society.
Abstract Republican National Committeewoman in the 1950s and 1960s from Red Oak, Iowa.
Abstract Journalist who wrote for Des Moines and Waterloo newspapers.
Abstract Clinical psychologist and University of Iowa alumna who was a member of the Des Moines Know Your Neighbor panel.
Dates: 1946-1996; 1961-1966
Abstract Muscatine organization of area artists who opened a shop and organized an annual craft fair, classes, and craft demonstrations.
Abstract Iowa City study club organized in 1897.
Abstract Engineering clerk, weaver, photographer, and traveler from Boone, Iowa.
Dates: 1855-1980; 1940-1980
Abstract A talented seamstress and milliner, Bertha Gotter Hedges was born in Greene County, Iowa, in 1887.
Abstract A women's study club in Percival, Iowa that was founded in 1922.
Abstract Mapleton, Iowa high school student who sent telegrams for Western Union during World War II.
- State University of Iowa 30
- University of Iowa 12
- Republican Party (Iowa) 8
- Iowa State College 6
- General Federation of Women's Clubs 5
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 5
- Iowa State Teachers College 4
- American Association of University Women 3
- American National Red Cross 3
- Iowa State University 3
- University of Iowa. Libraries. Iowa Women's Archives 3
- Young Women's Christian Association of the U.S.A. 3
- City High School (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- Daughters of the American Revolution 2
- Davis, Aldeen 2
- Day, Cornelia, 1919-2004 2
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 2
- Des Moines Women's Club 2
- Everett family 2
- Everett, Beverly, 1926-2001 2
- Federated Garden Clubs of Iowa 2
- Grand View College 2
- Grinnell College 2
- Iowa Cornets (Basketball team) 2
- Iowa Medical Society. Woman's Auxiliary 2
- Iowa Mother of the Year 2
- Iowa Porkettes 2
- Iowa Women's Hall of Fame 2
- Iowa Women's Political Caucus 2
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 2
- Jones, Virginia Shrauger, 1921- 2
- Keyes, Margaret N., 1918-2015 2
- National Women's Conference (1st : 1977 : Houston, Tex.) 2
- Noun, Louise R. 2
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America 2
- Republican National Committee (U.S.) 2
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 2
- Shrauger family 2
- Shrauger, Cornelia Prentiss, 1896-1985 2
- Shrauger, Harold, Sr. 2
- Smith, Mary Louise 2
- State University of Iowa. School of Nursing 2
- United Nations Association of the United States of America. Iowa Division 2
- United States. Naval Reserve. Women's Reserve 2
- University of Colorado Boulder 2
- University of Iowa. Department of Physical Education for Women 2
- University of Iowa. Hospitals and Clinics 2
- Woman's Christian Temperance Union of Iowa 2
- Women's Professional Basketball League 2
- Alfred University 1
- Algona High School (Algona, Iowa) 1
- Allen family 1
- Allen, George Eugene, 1887-1944 1
- Allen, Hilda Ellyson, 1988- 1
- Allen, Philip, 1915- 1
- Allen, Sewell E., 1913-1975 1
- American Academy of Neurology. Women's Auxiliary 1
- American Association for Health, Physical Education, and Recreation 1
- American Association for the United Nations 1
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education 1
- American Association of Dental Schools 1
- American Association of University Professors 1
- American Association of University Women. Iowa City Branch 1
- American Business Women's Association. Grant Wood Chapter 1
- American Dental Association 1
- American Dental Hygienists' Association 1
- American Legion Auxiliary 1
- American Mission Upper Nile 1
- American Theological Society 1
- Angrick, William 1
- Ankeny High School (Ankeny, Iowa) 1
- Anneberg, Dorothy Spencer 1
- Anton, Judy 1
- Arizona State University 1
- Art Institute of Chicago. School 1
- Artists In Action (Muscatine, Iowa) 1
- Associated Country Women of the World 1
- Associated Country Women of the World. Conference 1
- Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women 1
- Athens History Circle (Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- Athletic and Recreation Federation of College Women 1
- Atlantic High School (Atlantic, Iowa) 1
- Audubon Naturalist Society of the Central Atlantic States 1
- Aurora Reading Club of Pittsburgh (Pa.) 1
- B'nai Jeshurun Temple (Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- Baker, Hermione Georgette Allen, 1917- 1
- Barnes, Irston R. 1
- Bartlett family 1
- Bartley, Joy Hedges 1
- Basketball Hall of Fame (Springfield, Mass.) 1
- Bayard Women's Club (Iowa) 1
- Becker, Virginia, 1918- 1
- Bell, Eleanor Nissen, 1925- 1
- Benedict Home (Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- Bennett, Julia 1
- Berg, Anna Margaret Skramstad 1
- Berg, Mary J. (Mary Jaylene), 1950- 1
- Berg, Orville 1
- Best Ever Club (Percival, Iowa) 1
- Bethel Evangelical Secondary School 1 ∧ less