Showing Collections: 21 - 40 of 270
Abstract Mapleton, Iowa high school student who sent telegrams for Western Union during World War II.
Abstract Scrapbook and correspondence to her parents during her student years at the State University of Iowa.
Abstract Family farmer, volunteer, and community activist who served on U.S. National Commission for UNESCO and the International Women's Year Commission.
Abstract Correspondence and other papers of this nineteenth-century family that resided in the Hudson River Valley of New York.
Abstract Businessman. Correspondence, speeches, advertising, etc. relating to the Armand Company (a cosmetics manufacturing firm in Des Moines, IA).
Abstract Active clubwoman, Methodist, writer and farmer from Fayette County who spent 19 years in a retirement home in Fort Dodge.
Abstract Professional dancer and deputy commissioner of the Iowa Department of Social Services.
Dates: 1910-1991; 1942-1991
Abstract Government official and Progressive Party officer. Correspondence, subject files, speeches, clippings, tape recordings, photographs, and scrapbooks.
Abstract Club formed in 1920 by rural women living near West Liberty, Iowa.
Abstract Member of the Iowa House of Representatives,1967 to 1969, and the Iowa Senate, 1969 to 1973.
Abstract Des Moines women's club formed in 1897 to promote efficiency in extemporaneous speaking.
Abstract University of Iowa graduate and laboratory assistant who was active in student government and served as a steward in AFSCME Local 12.
Abstract Records for the Milwaukee Road, Amtrak, and the B&O railroads, with some materials from the Elgin, Joliet and Eastern (EJ&E), the Central Railroad of New Jersey (CNJ), the Nickel Plate Railroad (NKP), and Acheson, Topeka and Santa Fe (AT&SF) lines from the 1880s to the early 1990s.
Abstract Ecumenical organization.
Abstract Johnson County, Iowa chapter of Church Women United.
Abstract Free-lance writer, home economics teacher, and civic leader who wrote articles and diaries concerning life in Iowa, China, and Wisconsin.
Abstract Scott County, Iowa, Farm Bureau women's club.
Abstract Attorney, Iowa Railroad Commissioner and candidate for the U.S. Senate. Correspondence, speeches, notes and other material relating primarily to legal disputes involving transportation of agricultural products.
Abstract Local branch of the Iowa Women's Political Caucus.
Abstract Journalist, diplomat, and public relations expert. Subject files, correspondence, diaries, scrapbooks, etc. relating to his varied career, from WWI intelligence officer to Chicago Tribune editor in Paris to consulate official to public relations director for Standard Oil.
- Subject: Scrapbooks X
- Iowa Women's Archives 206
- University of Iowa Special Collections 61
- University of Iowa Archives 3
- State University of Iowa 30
- University of Iowa 17
- Republican Party (Iowa) 15
- Iowa State College 6
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 5
- General Federation of Women's Clubs 5
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 5
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 5
- Iowa State Teachers College 4
- Iowa State University 4
- American Association of University Women 3
- American National Red Cross 3
- United States. Navy 3
- University of Iowa. Libraries. Iowa Women's Archives 3
- Young Women's Christian Association of the U.S.A. 3
- Allen, Sewell E., 1913-1975 2
- American Legion 2
- B.F. Keith (Firm) 2
- City High School (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- Crawford family 2
- Daughters of the American Revolution 2
- Davis, Aldeen 2
- Day, Cornelia, 1919-2004 2
- Des Moines Women's Club 2
- Everett family 2
- Everett, Beverly, 1926-2001 2
- Federated Garden Clubs of Iowa 2
- Grand View College 2
- Grinnell College 2
- Iowa Cornets (Basketball team) 2
- Iowa Medical Society. Woman's Auxiliary 2
- Iowa Mother of the Year 2
- Iowa Porkettes 2
- Iowa State Conservation Commission 2
- Iowa Women's Hall of Fame 2
- Iowa Women's Political Caucus 2
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 2
- Jones, Virginia Shrauger, 1921- 2
- Keyes, Margaret N., 1918-2015 2
- Kinnick, Nile C. (Nile Clarke), 1918-1943 2
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 2
- National Women's Conference (1st : 1977 : Houston, Tex.) 2
- Noun, Louise R. 2
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America 2
- Republican National Committee (U.S.) 2
- Shrauger family 2
- Shrauger, Cornelia Prentiss, 1896-1985 2
- Shrauger, Harold, Sr. 2
- Smith, Mary Louise 2
- State University of Iowa. School of Nursing 2
- Trailer family 2
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service 2
- United Nations Association of the United States of America. Iowa Division 2
- United Service Organizations (U.S.) 2
- United States Commission on Civil Rights 2
- United States. Naval Reserve. Women's Reserve 2
- University of Colorado Boulder 2
- University of Iowa. Department of Physical Education for Women 2
- University of Iowa. Hospitals and Clinics 2
- Woman's Christian Temperance Union of Iowa 2
- Women's Professional Basketball League 2
- YWCA of Greater Des Moines 2
- Albee, Edward Franklin, 1857-1930 1
- Alfred University 1
- Algona High School (Algona, Iowa) 1
- Allen family 1
- Allen, Arthur Francis 1
- Allen, George Eugene, 1887-1944 1
- Allen, Hilda Ellyson, 1988- 1
- Allen, Philip, 1915- 1
- American Academy of Neurology. Women's Auxiliary 1
- American Association for Health, Physical Education, and Recreation 1
- American Association for the United Nations 1
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education 1
- American Association of Dental Schools 1
- American Association of University Professors 1
- American Association of University Women. Iowa City Branch 1
- American Business Women's Association. Grant Wood Chapter 1
- American Dental Association 1
- American Dental Hygienists' Association 1
- American Farm Bureau Federation 1
- American Institute of Graphic Arts 1
- American Legion Auxiliary 1
- American Medical Association 1
- American Mission Upper Nile 1
- American Theological Society 1
- American Wildlife Institute 1
- Amtrak 1
- Angrick, William 1
- Ankeny High School (Ankeny, Iowa) 1
- Anneberg, Dorothy Spencer 1
- Anton, Judy 1
- Arizona State University 1
- Armand Company 1
- Armitage, Merle 1
- Art Institute of Chicago. School 1
- Artists In Action (Muscatine, Iowa) 1
- Associated Country Women of the World 1
- Associated Country Women of the World. Conference 1
- Associated Press 1 ∧ less