Showing Collections: 61 - 80 of 270
Abstract Iowa state senator, lieutenant governor of Iowa, Democratic candidate for governor of Iowa, delegate to Democratic National Convention, and U.S. District Court Judge for Northern District of Iowa. Correspondence, speeches, telegrams, campaign material, press releases, photographs, newspaper clippings, tape recordings, phonograph recordings, and scrapbooks.
Dates: 1942-1964; 1960-1970
Overview Piper's notes on Western ballads, with music for some; other folk materials including rhymes, riddles, games, folk sayings, quadrille calls, slang, superstitions, and folk remedies.
Abstract Novelist. Correspondence, scrapbooks, subject files, preliminary drafts of his writings.
Abstract One of the first ordained female ministers in the Midwest whose sermons were broadcast on radio stations KFNF and KMA for over sixty years in Shenandoah, Iowa.
Abstract Legal papers, diplomas, certificates of appointments, scrapbook, 2 issues of Keosauqua, Iowa, newspapers (1852-58), and other papers.
Dates: 1828-1895; Majority of material found within 1850-1870
Abstract Home demonstration agent for Iowa State College Extension Service and homemaker.
Abstract Farm magazine writer.
Abstract Feminist health clinic. Arrangement Administration Boxes 1-30 and 66EGC projects Boxes 30-48 and 67Anti-abortion movement Boxes 48-50 and 67Pro-choice movement Boxes 50-53 and 67Publications, EGC Boxes 53-54 Publications, non-EGC Boxes 54-56 and 67-68Newspaper clippings Boxes 56-57 and 68Photographs Boxes 36, 59-50, and 58-60 Scrapbook Box 61 ...
Abstract Teacher, columnist, and textbook author from Council Bluffs area.
Abstract Home economics professor raised on a farm in Lacey, Iowa.
Abstract Mason City, Iowa native and librarian who was the first African-American female student at University of Iowa elected to Phi Beta Kappa.
Abstract Author and artist from Laurel, Iowa.
Abstract Daughter of German immigrants whose scrapbook documents her life in the early 20th century.
Abstract Businesswoman who was the creator and proprieter of the Reames Noodle Company in Des Moines, Iowa.
Abstract Artist who attended the State University of Iowa and in 1924 became the first person to receive a masters degree in Painting and Art History.
Abstract Member of the Iowa State Conservation Commission. Subject folders and scrapbooks relating to conservation issues and the American Legion.
Abstract The records include notebooks for flower shows, a program planning book, and newspaper articles.
Abstract Nutrition scholar and chair of the University of Iowa's Home Economics Department for sixteen years.
Abstract The club organized in 1957 with the objectives of social enjoyment, community service and intellectual improvement.
- Subject: Scrapbooks X
- Iowa Women's Archives 206
- University of Iowa Special Collections 61
- University of Iowa Archives 3
- State University of Iowa 30
- University of Iowa 17
- Republican Party (Iowa) 15
- Iowa State College 6
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 5
- General Federation of Women's Clubs 5
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 5
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 5
- Iowa State Teachers College 4
- Iowa State University 4
- American Association of University Women 3
- American National Red Cross 3
- United States. Navy 3
- University of Iowa. Libraries. Iowa Women's Archives 3
- Young Women's Christian Association of the U.S.A. 3
- Allen, Sewell E., 1913-1975 2
- American Legion 2
- B.F. Keith (Firm) 2
- City High School (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- Crawford family 2
- Daughters of the American Revolution 2
- Davis, Aldeen 2
- Day, Cornelia, 1919-2004 2
- Des Moines Women's Club 2
- Everett family 2
- Everett, Beverly, 1926-2001 2
- Federated Garden Clubs of Iowa 2
- Grand View College 2
- Grinnell College 2
- Iowa Cornets (Basketball team) 2
- Iowa Medical Society. Woman's Auxiliary 2
- Iowa Mother of the Year 2
- Iowa Porkettes 2
- Iowa State Conservation Commission 2
- Iowa Women's Hall of Fame 2
- Iowa Women's Political Caucus 2
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 2
- Jones, Virginia Shrauger, 1921- 2
- Keyes, Margaret N., 1918-2015 2
- Kinnick, Nile C. (Nile Clarke), 1918-1943 2
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 2
- National Women's Conference (1st : 1977 : Houston, Tex.) 2
- Noun, Louise R. 2
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America 2
- Republican National Committee (U.S.) 2
- Shrauger family 2
- Shrauger, Cornelia Prentiss, 1896-1985 2
- Shrauger, Harold, Sr. 2
- Smith, Mary Louise 2
- State University of Iowa. School of Nursing 2
- Trailer family 2
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service 2
- United Nations Association of the United States of America. Iowa Division 2
- United Service Organizations (U.S.) 2
- United States Commission on Civil Rights 2
- United States. Naval Reserve. Women's Reserve 2
- University of Colorado Boulder 2
- University of Iowa. Department of Physical Education for Women 2
- University of Iowa. Hospitals and Clinics 2
- Woman's Christian Temperance Union of Iowa 2
- Women's Professional Basketball League 2
- YWCA of Greater Des Moines 2
- Albee, Edward Franklin, 1857-1930 1
- Alfred University 1
- Algona High School (Algona, Iowa) 1
- Allen family 1
- Allen, Arthur Francis 1
- Allen, George Eugene, 1887-1944 1
- Allen, Hilda Ellyson, 1988- 1
- Allen, Philip, 1915- 1
- American Academy of Neurology. Women's Auxiliary 1
- American Association for Health, Physical Education, and Recreation 1
- American Association for the United Nations 1
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education 1
- American Association of Dental Schools 1
- American Association of University Professors 1
- American Association of University Women. Iowa City Branch 1
- American Business Women's Association. Grant Wood Chapter 1
- American Dental Association 1
- American Dental Hygienists' Association 1
- American Farm Bureau Federation 1
- American Institute of Graphic Arts 1
- American Legion Auxiliary 1
- American Medical Association 1
- American Mission Upper Nile 1
- American Theological Society 1
- American Wildlife Institute 1
- Amtrak 1
- Angrick, William 1
- Ankeny High School (Ankeny, Iowa) 1
- Anneberg, Dorothy Spencer 1
- Anton, Judy 1
- Arizona State University 1
- Armand Company 1
- Armitage, Merle 1
- Art Institute of Chicago. School 1
- Artists In Action (Muscatine, Iowa) 1
- Associated Country Women of the World 1
- Associated Country Women of the World. Conference 1
- Associated Press 1 ∧ less