Showing Collections: 121 - 140 of 270
Abstract Real estate and insurance agent. Correspondence, pamphlets, clippings, etc. relating to his interest in conservative politics and health measures.
Dates: 1913-1960; Majority of material found in 1950-1960
Abstract World War II soldier. Correspondence, medals, scrapbook, and photographs primarily related to his service in the 210th Armored Infantry Battalion, 10th Armored (Tiger) Division, U.S. Army.
Abstract Iowa City high school drama and English teacher.
Abstract Muscatine County Supervisor from 1976 to 1982 and Representative in the Iowa Legislature from 1983 to 1985.
Abstract Correspondence, speeches, articles, leaflets, clippings, scrapbooks and a sketchbook, mostly dealing with politics, conservation, or family affairs, assembled by newspaper cartoonist Ding Darling of The Des Moines Register. There are also some 6,000 original pen-and-ink cartoons drawn by Darling.
Dates: Majority of material found in 1897-1962; Majority of material found in 1920-1949
Abstract State legislator from Iowa City and president of the Iowa Peace Institute.
Abstract Farmwoman, writer, and community volunteer near Mt. Vernon, Iowa.
Abstract First woman elected chairperson of the Jasper County Democratic Central Committee in 1972.
Dates: 1962 - 2014
Abstract Nurse Jeanne Jones Cook grew up in Iowa and Colorado. She completed her training with the U.S. Cadet Nurse Corps in 1945.
Abstract Shenandoah, Iowa teacher who became school superintendent for Page County, Iowa. She played a central role in the development of activities for rural youth and is referred to as the 'Mother of 4-H.'
Abstract A resident of Davenport from 1962, Weldon publicly acknowledged her lesbian identity during the early 1950s.
Abstract Pharmacist and banker from Winfield, Iowa. Diaries, scrapbook, and subject files documenting Lindly's career and family. Also includes historical materials relating to Winfield, Iowa.
Dates: 1828-1946; 1890-1910
Abstract Record of expenditures for a farm located on Muscatine Island.
Abstract Railroadiana collection. Time tables, train registers, train orders, menus, tickets, etc.
Abstract Agriculturist. Correspondence and subject files relating to the early years of the Iowa Farm Bureau Federation and the American Farm Bureau Federation.
Dates: 1856-1939; Majority of material found in 1922-1924
Abstract Britt, Iowa-born member of the Iowa House of Representatives and vice-chair of the Committee on Agriculture during the farm crisis of the 1980s.
Abstract Volunteer whose work centered on her involvement in the Woman's Relief Corps.
Abstract Nationally recognized journalist whose reporting included coverage of the women's movement.
Abstract Adel, Iowa native who was an accomplished high school athlete in the 1970s.
Dates: 1948-1977; 1970-1974
- Subject: Scrapbooks X
- Iowa Women's Archives 206
- University of Iowa Special Collections 61
- University of Iowa Archives 3
- State University of Iowa 30
- University of Iowa 17
- Republican Party (Iowa) 15
- Iowa State College 6
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 5
- General Federation of Women's Clubs 5
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 5
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 5
- Iowa State Teachers College 4
- Iowa State University 4
- American Association of University Women 3
- American National Red Cross 3
- United States. Navy 3
- University of Iowa. Libraries. Iowa Women's Archives 3
- Young Women's Christian Association of the U.S.A. 3
- Allen, Sewell E., 1913-1975 2
- American Legion 2
- B.F. Keith (Firm) 2
- City High School (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- Crawford family 2
- Daughters of the American Revolution 2
- Davis, Aldeen 2
- Day, Cornelia, 1919-2004 2
- Des Moines Women's Club 2
- Everett family 2
- Everett, Beverly, 1926-2001 2
- Federated Garden Clubs of Iowa 2
- Grand View College 2
- Grinnell College 2
- Iowa Cornets (Basketball team) 2
- Iowa Medical Society. Woman's Auxiliary 2
- Iowa Mother of the Year 2
- Iowa Porkettes 2
- Iowa State Conservation Commission 2
- Iowa Women's Hall of Fame 2
- Iowa Women's Political Caucus 2
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 2
- Jones, Virginia Shrauger, 1921- 2
- Keyes, Margaret N., 1918-2015 2
- Kinnick, Nile C. (Nile Clarke), 1918-1943 2
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 2
- National Women's Conference (1st : 1977 : Houston, Tex.) 2
- Noun, Louise R. 2
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America 2
- Republican National Committee (U.S.) 2
- Shrauger family 2
- Shrauger, Cornelia Prentiss, 1896-1985 2
- Shrauger, Harold, Sr. 2
- Smith, Mary Louise 2
- State University of Iowa. School of Nursing 2
- Trailer family 2
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service 2
- United Nations Association of the United States of America. Iowa Division 2
- United Service Organizations (U.S.) 2
- United States Commission on Civil Rights 2
- United States. Naval Reserve. Women's Reserve 2
- University of Colorado Boulder 2
- University of Iowa. Department of Physical Education for Women 2
- University of Iowa. Hospitals and Clinics 2
- Woman's Christian Temperance Union of Iowa 2
- Women's Professional Basketball League 2
- YWCA of Greater Des Moines 2
- Albee, Edward Franklin, 1857-1930 1
- Alfred University 1
- Algona High School (Algona, Iowa) 1
- Allen family 1
- Allen, Arthur Francis 1
- Allen, George Eugene, 1887-1944 1
- Allen, Hilda Ellyson, 1988- 1
- Allen, Philip, 1915- 1
- American Academy of Neurology. Women's Auxiliary 1
- American Association for Health, Physical Education, and Recreation 1
- American Association for the United Nations 1
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education 1
- American Association of Dental Schools 1
- American Association of University Professors 1
- American Association of University Women. Iowa City Branch 1
- American Business Women's Association. Grant Wood Chapter 1
- American Dental Association 1
- American Dental Hygienists' Association 1
- American Farm Bureau Federation 1
- American Institute of Graphic Arts 1
- American Legion Auxiliary 1
- American Medical Association 1
- American Mission Upper Nile 1
- American Theological Society 1
- American Wildlife Institute 1
- Amtrak 1
- Angrick, William 1
- Ankeny High School (Ankeny, Iowa) 1
- Anneberg, Dorothy Spencer 1
- Anton, Judy 1
- Arizona State University 1
- Armand Company 1
- Armitage, Merle 1
- Art Institute of Chicago. School 1
- Artists In Action (Muscatine, Iowa) 1
- Associated Country Women of the World 1
- Associated Country Women of the World. Conference 1
- Associated Press 1 ∧ less