Showing Collections: 161 - 180 of 270
Abstract Farm woman, teacher, and recipient of the Master Farm Homemaker award in 1970.
Abstract Maria Cano came to Iowa from Guanajuato, Mexico, with her parents in 1928. She established a Spanish language interpreter program at the University of Iowa Hospitals in 1975.
Abstract Missionary to the Sudan who spent her childhood in Page County, Iowa, and worked in Africa from the 1940s to 1980s.
Abstract Postville, Iowa, native who graduated from the University of Iowa School of Nursing in 1940.
Dates: 1909-1993; 1936-1942
Abstract Photojournalist and writer who lived with Cuna Indians on the San Blas Islands to learn their culture and traditions.
Abstract Mathematician and teacher who patented educational toys for teaching mathematics to children.
Dates: 1938-1995; 1961-1985
Abstract U.S. District Court Judge and Congressman from Iowa. Scrapbooks, commentaries, and newspaper clippings concerning Wade's judicial and political careers.
Dates: 1900-1927; Majority of material found in 1902-1915
Abstract Pharmacist and professor at The University of Iowa College of Pharmacy.
Abstract Social worker and the first African American woman in the United States to be named executive director of a greater metropolitan YWCA.
Abstract Social worker who worked for the American National Red Cross during and after World War II.
Abstract Television journalist and politician who served as Iowa Secretary of State from 1980 to 1986.
Abstract Iowa teacher from Jefferson County who taught in rural schools for forty-four years and was active in the Iowa Federation of Women's Clubs.
Dates: 1928-2004; Other: Date acquired: 2008-01-23
Abstract Created by Kirk, when she belonged to the Glad Girls of Grove 4-H chapter in Grove Township, Cass County, Iowa.
Abstract First woman to chair the Republican National Committee, serving from 1974 to 1977. Co-founder of the Louise Noun-Mary Louise Smith Iowa Women's Archives.
Abstract Theologian, writer and lecturer whose work encompassed religious theology, philosophy and psychology.
Abstract Radio scriptwriter (Kaffee Klatch and Playhouse of the Air among others) and playwright (as Maxine Wood). Correspondence, photographs, clippings, scrapbooks, typescripts, etc.
Dates: 1928-1983; 1940-1960
Abstract Schoolteacher from eastern Carroll County, Iowa who managed the family farm after her husband's death in 1926.
Abstract Northwest Iowa family including Robert McCown, head of the University of Iowa Libraries Department of Special Collections from 1986-1997.
Abstract Benton County, Iowa, farm girl and teacher who played on her high school's basketball championship team in 1927.
Abstract Set designer, impresario, co-founder and manager of the Los Angeles Grand Opera Association, president of the American Institute of Graphic Arts, art director of Look and Quick magazines, and book designer. Correspondence, typescripts of Accent on Life and George Gershwin: Man and Legend, and files on other projects.
- Subject: Scrapbooks X
- Iowa Women's Archives 206
- University of Iowa Special Collections 61
- University of Iowa Archives 3
- State University of Iowa 30
- University of Iowa 17
- Republican Party (Iowa) 15
- Iowa State College 6
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 5
- General Federation of Women's Clubs 5
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 5
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 5
- Iowa State Teachers College 4
- Iowa State University 4
- American Association of University Women 3
- American National Red Cross 3
- United States. Navy 3
- University of Iowa. Libraries. Iowa Women's Archives 3
- Young Women's Christian Association of the U.S.A. 3
- Allen, Sewell E., 1913-1975 2
- American Legion 2
- B.F. Keith (Firm) 2
- City High School (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- Crawford family 2
- Daughters of the American Revolution 2
- Davis, Aldeen 2
- Day, Cornelia, 1919-2004 2
- Des Moines Women's Club 2
- Everett family 2
- Everett, Beverly, 1926-2001 2
- Federated Garden Clubs of Iowa 2
- Grand View College 2
- Grinnell College 2
- Iowa Cornets (Basketball team) 2
- Iowa Medical Society. Woman's Auxiliary 2
- Iowa Mother of the Year 2
- Iowa Porkettes 2
- Iowa State Conservation Commission 2
- Iowa Women's Hall of Fame 2
- Iowa Women's Political Caucus 2
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 2
- Jones, Virginia Shrauger, 1921- 2
- Keyes, Margaret N., 1918-2015 2
- Kinnick, Nile C. (Nile Clarke), 1918-1943 2
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 2
- National Women's Conference (1st : 1977 : Houston, Tex.) 2
- Noun, Louise R. 2
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America 2
- Republican National Committee (U.S.) 2
- Shrauger family 2
- Shrauger, Cornelia Prentiss, 1896-1985 2
- Shrauger, Harold, Sr. 2
- Smith, Mary Louise 2
- State University of Iowa. School of Nursing 2
- Trailer family 2
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service 2
- United Nations Association of the United States of America. Iowa Division 2
- United Service Organizations (U.S.) 2
- United States Commission on Civil Rights 2
- United States. Naval Reserve. Women's Reserve 2
- University of Colorado Boulder 2
- University of Iowa. Department of Physical Education for Women 2
- University of Iowa. Hospitals and Clinics 2
- Woman's Christian Temperance Union of Iowa 2
- Women's Professional Basketball League 2
- YWCA of Greater Des Moines 2
- Albee, Edward Franklin, 1857-1930 1
- Alfred University 1
- Algona High School (Algona, Iowa) 1
- Allen family 1
- Allen, Arthur Francis 1
- Allen, George Eugene, 1887-1944 1
- Allen, Hilda Ellyson, 1988- 1
- Allen, Philip, 1915- 1
- American Academy of Neurology. Women's Auxiliary 1
- American Association for Health, Physical Education, and Recreation 1
- American Association for the United Nations 1
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education 1
- American Association of Dental Schools 1
- American Association of University Professors 1
- American Association of University Women. Iowa City Branch 1
- American Business Women's Association. Grant Wood Chapter 1
- American Dental Association 1
- American Dental Hygienists' Association 1
- American Farm Bureau Federation 1
- American Institute of Graphic Arts 1
- American Legion Auxiliary 1
- American Medical Association 1
- American Mission Upper Nile 1
- American Theological Society 1
- American Wildlife Institute 1
- Amtrak 1
- Angrick, William 1
- Ankeny High School (Ankeny, Iowa) 1
- Anneberg, Dorothy Spencer 1
- Anton, Judy 1
- Arizona State University 1
- Armand Company 1
- Armitage, Merle 1
- Art Institute of Chicago. School 1
- Artists In Action (Muscatine, Iowa) 1
- Associated Country Women of the World 1
- Associated Country Women of the World. Conference 1
- Associated Press 1 ∧ less