Showing Collections: 61 - 80 of 139
Abstract Organic farmer and activist from Johnson County, Iowa.
Abstract Geologist who worked with the Iowa Geological Survey in Iowa City for 38 years. Arrangement The Orestes St. John oversized series consists of 2 oversized boxes with two folders each in them. The first box (box 32) is titled Milligan Sketches and contains reproductions of the 6 Orestes St. John drawings in folder one and 11 mounted originals and Milligan reproductions in folder 2. The 11 mounted originals and Milligan reproductions include: 1)...
Dates: 1857-2003; 1969-2003
Abstract Elected to the Iowa House of Representatives in 1982 and in 1986, she became the first woman Lieutenant Governor of Iowa.
Abstract A resident of Davenport from 1962, Weldon publicly acknowledged her lesbian identity during the early 1950s.
Abstract U.S. Congressman and Senator from Iowa.
Found in: University of Iowa Special Collections
Abstract Artist, librarian, and student of Corita Kent.
Abstract Iowa activist involved in the peace movement as well energy conservation and environmental protection coalitions.
Abstract Photographer, Peace Corps volunteer, and United Nations Association leader and member.
Dates: 1959-2012; Other: Date acquired: 20100000
Abstract Life partners Kittredge Cherry (1957- ), an author, journalist, and minister to the LGBT community, and Audrey Lockwood (1957- ), a financial planner, met as students at the University of Iowa in 1975 and lived and worked in Japan before settling in California.
Abstract State-level branch of the national non-partisan League of Women Voters which seeks to promote political responsibility through educating and informing the public on selected governmental issues and promoting action on those issues. Arrangement 1971 Accession, 1917 to 1991 (boxes 1-61) Local leagues, 1939-1970 (boxes 1-5,19-32) Administrative, 1920-1968 (boxes 6-16) National, 1934-1966 (boxes 16-17) Iowa Voter,...
Abstract Local branch of the national non-partisan League of Women Voters which seeks to promote political responsibility through educating and informing the public on selected governmental issues and promoting action on those issues.
Abstract This non-partisan group studied and acted upon the many local issues including the following: the council-manager form of city government, home rule for local and county government, reapportionment of legislative districts of the Iowa General Assembly, desegregation and integration of Des Moines public schools, and the need for affordable housing in the community.
Abstract During the 1980s and 1990s, the LWV of Muscatine conducted a number of studies on Muscatine county issues, including the ambulance 911 system, law enforcement, county courthouse space needs, alternative forms of county government, housing, education, land use, hazardous waste, local option tax, the U.S. Highway 61 Bypass, and the Muscatine fire station.
Abstract Governor and state representative from Iowa, federal official. Papers comprised primarily of speeches relating to civil defense; there are also correspondence files, clippings, and photographs regarding his governorship.
Found in: University of Iowa Special Collections
Abstract Professional volunteer active in several arts, civic, educational, and religious organizations in Cedar Rapids.
Abstract Served for over twenty years in the Iowa judiciary and was the first woman to be appointed to the Iowa Supreme Court.
Abstract Iowa City feminist and champion of LGBT rights.
Collection — Folder: 1
Abstract Physician in the University of Iowa Student Health Department, who established the Patient Advocacy Program at University Hospitals after marrying and having a child.
Abstract Papers of an activist from West Branch, Iowa, include correspondence and newspaper clippings relating to her husband's status as a conscientious objector.
- Subject: Sound recordings X
- Iowa Women's Archives 122
- University of Iowa Special Collections 15
- University of Iowa Archives 2
- University of Iowa 22
- State University of Iowa 8
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 6
- Republican Party (Iowa) 6
- American Association of University Women 5
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 5
- Mason, Kären 5
- Drake University 4
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 4
- Iowa State University 3
- League of Women Voters of Iowa 3
- United Nations Association of the United States of America. Iowa Division 3
- American National Red Cross 2
- Conlin, Roxanne Barton, 1944- 2
- Daughters of the American Revolution 2
- Everett, Beverly, 1926-2001 2
- Godwin, Trula, 1940-2002 2
- Grinnell College 2
- Hodne, Carol 2
- Iowa Academy of Science 2
- Iowa Civil Rights Commission 2
- Iowa ERA Coalition 2
- Iowa League for Nursing 2
- Iowa State College 2
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 2
- League of Women Voters of Johnson County, Iowa 2
- McKenzie, Bettie 2
- National Organization for Women 2
- National Women's Conference (1st : 1977 : Houston, Tex.) 2
- Ray, Robert D., 1928- 2
- Smith, Mary Louise 2
- Southall, Geneva H. 2
- United States. Navy 2
- University of Colorado Boulder 2
- University of Iowa. College of Dentistry 2
- University of Iowa. College of Nursing 2
- University of Iowa. Department of Physical Education and Dance 2
- University of Iowa. Libraries. Iowa Women's Archives 2
- University of Iowa. Women's Resource and Action Center 2
- Womens International League for Peace and Freedom 2
- Wood, Mary Elizabeth, 1902- 2
- Ackeman, Karen 1
- Adams, Vicki 1
- Alfred University 1
- Alternative Traditions in the Contemporary Arts (Program) 1
- American Association for the United Nations 1
- American Association of Dental Schools 1
- American Dental Association 1
- American Dental Hygienists' Association 1
- American Geophysical Union 1
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics 1
- American Junior Red Cross 1
- American Mission Upper Nile 1
- American Nurses Association 1
- American Theological Society 1
- Amtrak 1
- Anderson, Margaret, 1928- 1
- Anderson, Marilyn 1
- Annin, Marilyn 1
- Arecibo Observatory. Advisory Board 1
- Arizona State University 1
- Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women 1
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America 1
- Association of Trial Lawyers of Iowa 1
- Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy 1
- Atalig, Angelica Lynn Rose 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Audubon Naturalist Society of the Central Atlantic States 1
- Aurora Reading Club of Pittsburgh (Pa.) 1
- Bacon, Evelyn Crary, 1916-1997 1
- Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Company 1
- Barclay, Winston 1
- Barker, Patti 1
- Barnes, Irston R. 1
- Beck, Jennie, 1903- 1
- Bennett, Julia 1
- Berry, Dora Martin, 1937- 1
- Berry, Jean, 1938- 1
- Beth El Jacob Synagogue (Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- Bethel Evangelical Secondary School 1
- Bevin, Nancy 1
- Birkby, Evelyn 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Blees, Robert 1
- Blind Tom, 1849-1908 1
- Bloom, Isabel 1
- Blue, Robert Donald 1
- Blundall, Joan, 1945- 1
- Boedeker family 1
- Boedeker, Margaret Talcott 1
- Bohlmann, Rachel E. 1
- Bolden, Louise, 1922- 1
- Bolin, Molly, 1957- 1
- Boller, Betty, 1924- 1
- Bollin, Kathy 1
- Boulware, Lois, 1903-1998 1
- Branstad, Terry E. 1
- Brewton, Frances 1
- Brigance, Linda 1
- Briggs, John Ely, -1952 1 ∧ less