Showing Collections: 101 - 120 of 139
Abstract Educator, author, and columnist. Speeches, newspaper columns, and articles about education. Also includes sound recordings, video tapes, and filmstrips.
Dates: 1933-1982; 1960-1980
Abstract Northwest Iowa family including Robert McCown, head of the University of Iowa Libraries Department of Special Collections from 1986-1997.
Abstract The collection consists mainly of correspondence and includes the papers of early twentieth century labor activist, IWW member, and Buffalo school teacher, Pearl McGill.
Collection — Folder: 1
Abstract Professor in instructional design and outreach education at the University of Iowa's College of Education.
Arrangement 9 audiocassettes shelved in audiocassette collection.
Arrangement 9 audiocassettes shelved in audiocassette collection.
Dates: 1942 - 2015
Abstract Costume designer and avid traveler whose papers include an extensive collection of slides, related travel diaries, and materials pertaining to the Iran Hostage Crisis.
Abstract Professional basketball player from Moravia, Iowa who played for Iowa Cornets from 1978 to 1981 and for San Francisco and Columbus Ohio teams until 1984.
Abstract Mona Martin (1934- ) served in the Iowa House of Representatives from Scott County from 1993-2001.
Abstract The group was formed in 1973. The purpose of the group was to improve and expand the role of women in society and it supported the Equal Rights Amendment, safe and legal abortion among other issues.
Abstract Student leader, scholar, and athlete from Iowa. Correspondence, diaries, scrapbooks, speeches, photographs, articles, etc.
Abstract 15 interviews and associated materials document the entry of women into Iowa's law enforcement agencies.
Abstract Feminist and physical educator who was a strong proponent of the ERA and Title IX.
Abstract Papers document Hillard's work as Western U.S. Division Director of La Leche League International. Arrangement Administrative, Boxes 1-10Area Conferences, Boxes 10-11Area Coordinator of Leaders (ACL), Boxes 11-13Areas, Boxes 13-18Biographical information, Box 1Conferences, Boxes 18-20Correspondence, Boxes 20-25Division Director, Boxes 25-27Financial...
Abstract Poet (numerous books from Worn Earth, 1932), editor of the O. Henry Prize Stories, 1954-1959, director of the Iowa Writers' Workshop, 1941-1967, and co-founder and director of the International Writers' Program, 1967-1976 at the University of Iowa. Literary manuscripts, correspondence, subject files, and student works documenting his career as a writer and teacher.
Abstract Waterloo, Iowa, native who served in WAVES during World War II and later worked for the American Red Cross.
Abstract Professor of music, University of Iowa, from 1919 until his death in 1953. Composer and symphony conductor. Compositions, correspondence, and scrapbooks containing newspaper articles.
Found in: University of Iowa Archives
Abstract Peace and civil rights activist who was a longtime member of Peoples Church Unitarian Universalist in Cedar Rapids.
Dates: 1937-2008; Other: Date acquired: 2010-07-01
Abstract Professional women's service club formed before 1935, which is active in community and world service, with special emphasis on hearing and speech aid.
Abstract Sexual abuse response and advocacy center established in in Iowa City in 1973 to serve located the University of Iowa community and surrounding counties.
Abstract Motion picture and television script-writer and producer. Film treatments and screenplays written by Blees and other screenwriters, miscellaneous, memos and articles, film stills, photostats, phonographic recordings from soundtracks.
- Subject: Sound recordings X
- Iowa Women's Archives 122
- University of Iowa Special Collections 15
- University of Iowa Archives 2
- University of Iowa 22
- State University of Iowa 8
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 6
- Republican Party (Iowa) 6
- American Association of University Women 5
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 5
- Mason, Kären 5
- Drake University 4
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 4
- Iowa State University 3
- League of Women Voters of Iowa 3
- United Nations Association of the United States of America. Iowa Division 3
- American National Red Cross 2
- Conlin, Roxanne Barton, 1944- 2
- Daughters of the American Revolution 2
- Everett, Beverly, 1926-2001 2
- Godwin, Trula, 1940-2002 2
- Grinnell College 2
- Hodne, Carol 2
- Iowa Academy of Science 2
- Iowa Civil Rights Commission 2
- Iowa ERA Coalition 2
- Iowa League for Nursing 2
- Iowa State College 2
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 2
- League of Women Voters of Johnson County, Iowa 2
- McKenzie, Bettie 2
- National Organization for Women 2
- National Women's Conference (1st : 1977 : Houston, Tex.) 2
- Ray, Robert D., 1928- 2
- Smith, Mary Louise 2
- Southall, Geneva H. 2
- United States. Navy 2
- University of Colorado Boulder 2
- University of Iowa. College of Dentistry 2
- University of Iowa. College of Nursing 2
- University of Iowa. Department of Physical Education and Dance 2
- University of Iowa. Libraries. Iowa Women's Archives 2
- University of Iowa. Women's Resource and Action Center 2
- Womens International League for Peace and Freedom 2
- Wood, Mary Elizabeth, 1902- 2
- Ackeman, Karen 1
- Adams, Vicki 1
- Alfred University 1
- Alternative Traditions in the Contemporary Arts (Program) 1
- American Association for the United Nations 1
- American Association of Dental Schools 1
- American Dental Association 1
- American Dental Hygienists' Association 1
- American Geophysical Union 1
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics 1
- American Junior Red Cross 1
- American Mission Upper Nile 1
- American Nurses Association 1
- American Theological Society 1
- Amtrak 1
- Anderson, Margaret, 1928- 1
- Anderson, Marilyn 1
- Annin, Marilyn 1
- Arecibo Observatory. Advisory Board 1
- Arizona State University 1
- Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women 1
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America 1
- Association of Trial Lawyers of Iowa 1
- Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy 1
- Atalig, Angelica Lynn Rose 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Audubon Naturalist Society of the Central Atlantic States 1
- Aurora Reading Club of Pittsburgh (Pa.) 1
- Bacon, Evelyn Crary, 1916-1997 1
- Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Company 1
- Barclay, Winston 1
- Barker, Patti 1
- Barnes, Irston R. 1
- Beck, Jennie, 1903- 1
- Bennett, Julia 1
- Berry, Dora Martin, 1937- 1
- Berry, Jean, 1938- 1
- Beth El Jacob Synagogue (Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- Bethel Evangelical Secondary School 1
- Bevin, Nancy 1
- Birkby, Evelyn 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Blees, Robert 1
- Blind Tom, 1849-1908 1
- Bloom, Isabel 1
- Blue, Robert Donald 1
- Blundall, Joan, 1945- 1
- Boedeker family 1
- Boedeker, Margaret Talcott 1
- Bohlmann, Rachel E. 1
- Bolden, Louise, 1922- 1
- Bolin, Molly, 1957- 1
- Boller, Betty, 1924- 1
- Bollin, Kathy 1
- Boulware, Lois, 1903-1998 1
- Branstad, Terry E. 1
- Brewton, Frances 1
- Brigance, Linda 1
- Briggs, John Ely, -1952 1 ∧ less