Showing Collections: 21 - 40 of 183
Abstract University of Iowa professor of physical education, 1930 to retirement. Research specialty in anthropometry, or the analysis of motor skills.
Found in: University of Iowa Archives
Abstract Attorney, Congressman, and U.S. Court of Claims commissioner from Iowa. Correspondence, clippings, court records and opinions, and speeches.
Dates: 1904-1943; 1920-1940
Abstract Sports administrator, professor, and gender equity activist.
Dates: 1952-2009; 1970-2005
Abstract Professional papers and academic records.
Abstract Attorney, Iowa Railroad Commissioner and candidate for the U.S. Senate. Correspondence, speeches, notes and other material relating primarily to legal disputes involving transportation of agricultural products.
Abstract Governor and U.S. Senator from Iowa. The papers primarily consist of political speeches and correspondence on topics ranging from neutrality to the Democratic conventions.
Dates: 1931-1942; 1933-1937
Abstract Journalist, diplomat, and public relations expert. Subject files, correspondence, diaries, scrapbooks, etc. relating to his varied career, from WWI intelligence officer to Chicago Tribune editor in Paris to consulate official to public relations director for Standard Oil.
Abstract Clubwoman and conservationist involved in the Council of National Defense Women's Committee during World War I.
Abstract Agricultural journalist. Business correspondence, speeches, and subject files relating to agriculture and the Wallace family.
Abstract Organic farmer and political activist who served as president of National Family Farm Coalition.
Abstract Lecturer-portrayalist, salesman and editorial writer for the Toledo Blade, Denton Crowl performed on the Chautauqua circuits and in other venues. This collection includes correspondence, appointment diaries, photographs, and manuscripts, mostly relating to his lecture and political activities.
Abstract High school educator in dramatic arts. Awarded first Ph.D. in dramatic arts from an American university, received from the University of Iowa in 1932.
Found in: University of Iowa Archives
Abstract Speeches, articles, and correspondence of a judge of the Eight Circuit Court of Appeals.
Abstract Dubuque, Iowa, surgeon. Subject files, articles, and speeches relating in great part to his term as president of the American Medical Association.
Abstract Sculptor and art teacher who traveled and studied sculpture across Europe and North America.
Abstract Journalist who reported on Camp Dodge in Iowa during World War I.
Abstract Methodist Episcopal deaconess who later worked with the Mahaska County Historical Society to found the Nelson Pioneer Farm in Oskaloosa, Iowa.
Abstract Iowa City peace activist and educator who was executive director of the UNA-USA Iowa Division from 1976 to 1996.
Abstract Human rights advocate from Burlington, Iowa who was active in local and international issues, particularly UNA-USA and the League of Women Voters.
- Subject: Speeches X
- Iowa Women's Archives 100
- University of Iowa Special Collections 69
- University of Iowa Archives 14
- Republican Party (Iowa) 19
- University of Iowa 17
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 15
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 12
- State University of Iowa 9
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 8
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 6
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 5
- Republican National Committee (U.S.) 5
- American Association of University Women 4
- League of Women Voters of Iowa 4
- American Legion 3
- Grinnell College 3
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 3
- Iowa State University 3
- Progressive Party (U.S. : 1948) 3
- University of Iowa. College of Law 3
- American Association for the United Nations 2
- American Bar Association 2
- Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women 2
- Bowen, Howard Rothmann, 1908- 2
- Des Moines Art Center 2
- Drake University 2
- Ford, Gerald R., 1913-2006 2
- Grefe, Mary 2
- Hancher, Virgil Melvin, 1896-1965 2
- Iowa City Public Library (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- Iowa Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO 2
- Iowa School Masters' Walt Whitman Club 2
- Iowa State Board of Regents 2
- Iowa Women's Hall of Fame 2
- Iowa. Supreme Court 2
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 2
- Methodist Episcopal Church 2
- National Farmers' Union (U.S.) 2
- National Women's Conference (1st : 1977 : Houston, Tex.) 2
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 2
- Parents & Friends of Lesbians and Gays 2
- Ray, Robert D., 1928- 2
- Republican National Convention 2
- Republican National Convention (31st : 1976 : Kansas City, Mo.) 2
- Republican Party (Iowa). Central Committee 2
- Rockefeller, Nelson A. (Nelson Aldrich), 1908-1979 2
- Smith, Mary Louise 2
- United Nations 2
- United Nations Association of the United States of America 2
- United Nations Association of the United States of America. Iowa Division 2
- United States Commission on Civil Rights 2
- United States. Congress 2
- United States. Department of Agriculture 2
- United States. District Court (Iowa) : Southern District 2
- University of Iowa. Hospitals and Clinics 2
- University of Iowa. Libraries. Iowa Women's Archives 2
- University of Iowa. School of Religion 2
- World Conference on Women 2
- AIDS Coalition of Johnson County (Iowa) 1
- Algona High School (Algona, Iowa) 1
- Allen, Arthur Francis 1
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority 1
- Amana Society 1
- American Association for Health, Physical Education, and Recreation 1
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education 1
- American Association of University Professors 1
- American Bankers Association 1
- American Bar Foundation 1
- American Educational Research Association 1
- American Farm Foundation 1
- American Federation of Arts 1
- American Federation of Grain Millers 1
- American Federation of Grain Producers 1
- American Federation of Labor 1
- American Lutheran Church 1
- American Medical Association 1
- American National Red Cross 1
- American Patients Association 1
- American Psychological Association 1
- American Theological Society 1
- Amherst College 1
- Anderson, Ruth Bluford, 1921-2013 1
- Archdiocesan Council of Catholic Women's (Dubuque, Iowa) 1
- Armand Company 1
- Associated Country Women of the World 1
- Associated Country Women of the World. Conference 1
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America 1
- Association of Trial Lawyers of Iowa 1
- Athletic and Recreation Federation of College Women 1
- Atlantic Council of the United States 1
- B'nai Jeshurun Temple (Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- Baker, Carl 1
- Baldwin, Calvin Benham 1
- Barcelo family 1
- Barceló, Nancy V., 1946- 1
- Beran family 1
- Beran, Janice A. 1
- Bethel College (North Newton, Kan.) 1
- Biklen, Wayne 1
- Biklen, Wayne M. 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Blunden, Edmund 1
- Blunden, Edmund, 1896-1974 1 ∧ less