Showing Collections: 61 - 80 of 183
Abstract Lawyer, state legislator, and Governor of Iowa . Subject files, campaign files, correspondence, and clippings relating primarily to his 1914 bid for re-election.
Dates: 1904-1937; 1913-1915
Abstract Businessman and Iowa state senator. Subject files, correspondence, campaign material, legislation, and speeches documenting his legislative career.
Abstract Mt.Vernon, Iowa high school teacher who later owned and directed The Depot Museum in Fayette County, Iowa.
Abstract The Commission addressed issues such as the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA), abortion reform, daycare, equal pay for equal work, and sex discrimination in employment, insurance, and education. At the end of 1970, the GCSW reported two major legislative accomplishments: the passage of no-fault divorce laws and the addition of sex to the Iowa Civil Rights Act of 1965.
Dates: 1964-2003; 1969-1976
Abstract The first African American woman pharmacist licensed in Iowa and presidential appointee to the United States Foreign Service in the 1950s.
Abstract Governor and U.S. Senator from Iowa. Gubernatorial and senatorial office files relating to his political career.
Abstract Attorney and President of the American Bar Association. Subjectfiles, speeches, and correspondence.
Abstract Iowa Supreme Court Justice and Iowa state legislator. Subject files relating to his career in law and politics. Includes correspondence, legal cases, law school reunions, etc.
Dates: 1911-1971; 1958-1961;
Abstract Physician and civil rights leader in Fort Madison, IA. Correspondence, speeches, biographical and autobiographical materials, and subject files document both his career and his Civil Rights activism.
Abstract Anamosa and Iowa City resident who worked for the The University of Iowa Hospital.
Dates: 1884-1996; 1905-1996
Abstract U.S. District Court Judge for the Northern District of Iowa. Papers primarily relating to his legal and judicial career with briefs, jury instructions, citations, subject files, and speeches. Also includes correspondence, information on the School of Religion at the University of Iowa and material about the Lutheran Church.
Abstract Governor of Iowa. Most of the papers relate to the 1960 gubernatorial race with correspondence, campaign materials, and speeches. There are also scrapbooks and office files.
Abstract Nineteenth president of the University of Iowa, 1964-1969.
Found in: University of Iowa Archives
Scope and Contents The collection consists of three series: Correspondence, Publications, and Speeches and Articles. The Correspondence series is closed to research 30 years after date of creation. The Publications and Speeches/Articles series are open for research.
Found in: University of Iowa Archives
Abstract Includes manuscripts, galley proofs, page proofs, dust jackets, and other miscellany associated with publications of many Iowa Authors.
Abstract Farmwoman, 4-H leader, and volunteer who was active in the Farm Bureau and the Master Farm Homemakers Guild.
Abstract Lawyer and State Chair of Iowa's Democratic State Central Committee. Speeches, correspondence, press releases, voter lists, financial reports, etc. all relating to More's involvement in Iowa's Democratic Party organization.
Abstract Populist leader. Weaver's correspondence with his wife; other Weaver family papers. Includes material on Davis Co., Iowa, and experiences in the Civil War.
Dates: 1836-1894; 1862-186
Abstract Educator. Correspondence, subject files, speeches, articles, clippings, and photographs documenting his career as a school administrator, state official, and educator.
Dates: 1933-1971; 1956-1965
Abstract Attorney, U.S. Representative from Iowa, and Regional Legal Council for the International Cooperation Administration of the Middle East. Correspondence, speeches, and subject files relating to his career.
Dates: 1923-1962; 1940-1960
- Subject: Speeches X
- Iowa Women's Archives 100
- University of Iowa Special Collections 69
- University of Iowa Archives 14
- Republican Party (Iowa) 19
- University of Iowa 17
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 15
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 12
- State University of Iowa 9
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 8
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 6
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 5
- Republican National Committee (U.S.) 5
- American Association of University Women 4
- League of Women Voters of Iowa 4
- American Legion 3
- Grinnell College 3
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 3
- Iowa State University 3
- Progressive Party (U.S. : 1948) 3
- University of Iowa. College of Law 3
- American Association for the United Nations 2
- American Bar Association 2
- Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women 2
- Bowen, Howard Rothmann, 1908- 2
- Des Moines Art Center 2
- Drake University 2
- Ford, Gerald R., 1913-2006 2
- Grefe, Mary 2
- Hancher, Virgil Melvin, 1896-1965 2
- Iowa City Public Library (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- Iowa Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO 2
- Iowa School Masters' Walt Whitman Club 2
- Iowa State Board of Regents 2
- Iowa Women's Hall of Fame 2
- Iowa. Supreme Court 2
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 2
- Methodist Episcopal Church 2
- National Farmers' Union (U.S.) 2
- National Women's Conference (1st : 1977 : Houston, Tex.) 2
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 2
- Parents & Friends of Lesbians and Gays 2
- Ray, Robert D., 1928- 2
- Republican National Convention 2
- Republican National Convention (31st : 1976 : Kansas City, Mo.) 2
- Republican Party (Iowa). Central Committee 2
- Rockefeller, Nelson A. (Nelson Aldrich), 1908-1979 2
- Smith, Mary Louise 2
- United Nations 2
- United Nations Association of the United States of America 2
- United Nations Association of the United States of America. Iowa Division 2
- United States Commission on Civil Rights 2
- United States. Congress 2
- United States. Department of Agriculture 2
- United States. District Court (Iowa) : Southern District 2
- University of Iowa. Hospitals and Clinics 2
- University of Iowa. Libraries. Iowa Women's Archives 2
- University of Iowa. School of Religion 2
- World Conference on Women 2
- AIDS Coalition of Johnson County (Iowa) 1
- Algona High School (Algona, Iowa) 1
- Allen, Arthur Francis 1
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority 1
- Amana Society 1
- American Association for Health, Physical Education, and Recreation 1
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education 1
- American Association of University Professors 1
- American Bankers Association 1
- American Bar Foundation 1
- American Educational Research Association 1
- American Farm Foundation 1
- American Federation of Arts 1
- American Federation of Grain Millers 1
- American Federation of Grain Producers 1
- American Federation of Labor 1
- American Lutheran Church 1
- American Medical Association 1
- American National Red Cross 1
- American Patients Association 1
- American Psychological Association 1
- American Theological Society 1
- Amherst College 1
- Anderson, Ruth Bluford, 1921-2013 1
- Archdiocesan Council of Catholic Women's (Dubuque, Iowa) 1
- Armand Company 1
- Associated Country Women of the World 1
- Associated Country Women of the World. Conference 1
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America 1
- Association of Trial Lawyers of Iowa 1
- Athletic and Recreation Federation of College Women 1
- Atlantic Council of the United States 1
- B'nai Jeshurun Temple (Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- Baker, Carl 1
- Baldwin, Calvin Benham 1
- Barcelo family 1
- Barceló, Nancy V., 1946- 1
- Beran family 1
- Beran, Janice A. 1
- Bethel College (North Newton, Kan.) 1
- Biklen, Wayne 1
- Biklen, Wayne M. 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Blunden, Edmund 1
- Blunden, Edmund, 1896-1974 1 ∧ less