Showing Collections: 81 - 100 of 183
Abstract Business executive, Republican Party official, and art collector. Correspondence, speeches, subject files, etc. combine to document Schramm's business and political affairs, as well as his activities in the arts.
Abstract Teacher's aide, packinghouse worker, and union activist, Burleson was the first woman and first African American elected to the Fort Dodge City Council.
Abstract Professor in the College of Education at Iowa State University until her retirement in 1994. Materials relate to the history of sports and particularly the participation of women and African-Americans in Iowa sports.
Abstract Substitute schoolteacher; active in PFLAG.
Abstract State legislator from Iowa City and president of the Iowa Peace Institute.
Abstract A known suffragist who was active in community and political circles in Des Moines, Iowa.
Abstract Elected to the Iowa House of Representatives in 1982 and in 1986, she became the first woman Lieutenant Governor of Iowa.
Abstract U.S. Congressman and Senator from Iowa.
Overview This collection is compiled of various documents of John Robert Hansen, Iowa politician.
Abstract Democratic representative and senator in the Iowa legislature.
Abstract Feminist, legislator and community activist who worked in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Abstract University of Iowa professor in Sociology and Anthropology, 1960-1999. Correspondence, speeches, manuscript, awards.
Found in: University of Iowa Archives
Collection — Folder: 1
Abstract Elementary and high school teacher who has served on local and state boards of education.
Arrangement One folder, shelved in SCVF.
Arrangement One folder, shelved in SCVF.
Abstract U.S. Representative from Iowa. Correspondence, speeches, and scrapbooks relating to his political career.
Dates: 1915 - 1972
Abstract Leader of the 1949 campaign to reform Des Moines city government and adopt the city manager plan.
Dates: 1940-2001; 1940-1977
Abstract Governor and state representative from Iowa, federal official. Papers comprised primarily of speeches relating to civil defense; there are also correspondence files, clippings, and photographs regarding his governorship.
Abstract Labor official from Clinton, Iowa. Correspondence between local and Iowa State Federation of Labor organizations and with the National Labor Relations Board. Also including speeches, press releases, union business papers, labor disputes, etc.
Abstract U.S. Representative and Senator from Iowa. Speeches, scrapbooks, correspondence, clippings, and campaign material all related to his political career.
Dates: 1898-1955; 1920-1940
Abstract Speech writer for Henry A. Wallace. Primarily relates to his work for Wallace's presidential campaign on the Progressive Party ticket in 1948. With speeches Frank wrote for Wallace there are clippings, correspondence, campaign schedules, and Progressive Party news releases and pamphlets.
Dates: 1943-1968; 1948
- Subject: Speeches X
- Iowa Women's Archives 100
- University of Iowa Special Collections 69
- University of Iowa Archives 14
- Republican Party (Iowa) 19
- University of Iowa 17
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 15
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 12
- State University of Iowa 9
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 8
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 6
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 5
- Republican National Committee (U.S.) 5
- American Association of University Women 4
- League of Women Voters of Iowa 4
- American Legion 3
- Grinnell College 3
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 3
- Iowa State University 3
- Progressive Party (U.S. : 1948) 3
- University of Iowa. College of Law 3
- American Association for the United Nations 2
- American Bar Association 2
- Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women 2
- Bowen, Howard Rothmann, 1908- 2
- Des Moines Art Center 2
- Drake University 2
- Ford, Gerald R., 1913-2006 2
- Grefe, Mary 2
- Hancher, Virgil Melvin, 1896-1965 2
- Iowa City Public Library (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- Iowa Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO 2
- Iowa School Masters' Walt Whitman Club 2
- Iowa State Board of Regents 2
- Iowa Women's Hall of Fame 2
- Iowa. Supreme Court 2
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 2
- Methodist Episcopal Church 2
- National Farmers' Union (U.S.) 2
- National Women's Conference (1st : 1977 : Houston, Tex.) 2
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 2
- Parents & Friends of Lesbians and Gays 2
- Ray, Robert D., 1928- 2
- Republican National Convention 2
- Republican National Convention (31st : 1976 : Kansas City, Mo.) 2
- Republican Party (Iowa). Central Committee 2
- Rockefeller, Nelson A. (Nelson Aldrich), 1908-1979 2
- Smith, Mary Louise 2
- United Nations 2
- United Nations Association of the United States of America 2
- United Nations Association of the United States of America. Iowa Division 2
- United States Commission on Civil Rights 2
- United States. Congress 2
- United States. Department of Agriculture 2
- United States. District Court (Iowa) : Southern District 2
- University of Iowa. Hospitals and Clinics 2
- University of Iowa. Libraries. Iowa Women's Archives 2
- University of Iowa. School of Religion 2
- World Conference on Women 2
- AIDS Coalition of Johnson County (Iowa) 1
- Algona High School (Algona, Iowa) 1
- Allen, Arthur Francis 1
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority 1
- Amana Society 1
- American Association for Health, Physical Education, and Recreation 1
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education 1
- American Association of University Professors 1
- American Bankers Association 1
- American Bar Foundation 1
- American Educational Research Association 1
- American Farm Foundation 1
- American Federation of Arts 1
- American Federation of Grain Millers 1
- American Federation of Grain Producers 1
- American Federation of Labor 1
- American Lutheran Church 1
- American Medical Association 1
- American National Red Cross 1
- American Patients Association 1
- American Psychological Association 1
- American Theological Society 1
- Amherst College 1
- Anderson, Ruth Bluford, 1921-2013 1
- Archdiocesan Council of Catholic Women's (Dubuque, Iowa) 1
- Armand Company 1
- Associated Country Women of the World 1
- Associated Country Women of the World. Conference 1
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America 1
- Association of Trial Lawyers of Iowa 1
- Athletic and Recreation Federation of College Women 1
- Atlantic Council of the United States 1
- B'nai Jeshurun Temple (Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- Baker, Carl 1
- Baldwin, Calvin Benham 1
- Barcelo family 1
- Barceló, Nancy V., 1946- 1
- Beran family 1
- Beran, Janice A. 1
- Bethel College (North Newton, Kan.) 1
- Biklen, Wayne 1
- Biklen, Wayne M. 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Blunden, Edmund 1
- Blunden, Edmund, 1896-1974 1 ∧ less