Showing Collections: 161 - 180 of 183
Scope and Contents Editor and writer on railroads. Speeches and articles.
Dates: 1917-1929; 1919
Abstract University of Iowa professor of history, feminist, and political activist.
Abstract Judge and educator. Subject files and correspondence documenting his career. Includes speeches, court cases, genealogy, and memorial tribute.
Abstract Benjamin Shambaugh (1871-1940) was a University of Iowa professor of political science and, for many years, superintendent of the State Historical Society of Iowa. He and his wife, Bertha (1870-1953), hosted many scholars' visits to the University.
Found in: University of Iowa Archives
Abstract Mason City, Iowa-born civil rights activist, United States field representative for the Christian Children's Fund and director of program development for the National Organization on Disability.
Dates: 1927-2012; 1964-2012
Abstract Casting director who worked for Rodgers and Hammerstein; founded Shirley Rich Casting in 1969.
Abstract Prominent Des Moines families including Irma Mannheimer, her husband Rabbi Eugene Mannheimer of Temple B'nai Jeshurun, and her parents, Rose and Max Shloss—the owners of Lederer and Strauss and Company.
Abstract Republican representative in the Iowa legislature who ran for mayor of Ottumwa in 1981.
Abstract University of Iowa Vice President of Academic Affairs, American Psychological Association president, and expert in educational testing.
Abstract Journalist with the Associated Press before WWII, with the National Geographic Society and CBS after 1948. He conceived Face the Nation. Correspondence, subject files, speeches, and preliminary drafts of his works.
Abstract President of the Citizens National Bank of Hampton, Iowa, U.S. Representative, real estate and investment business. Correspondence, bank record book, and campaign materials documenting his career.
Abstract Annual gathering begun in 1982.ÃÂ BY 2007 seven awards were given each year. Arrangement Audiovisual materials: 25th anniversary retrospective, 2006 [shelved in digital collection: d0041] Celebration of Excellence Power Point presentation: past scholarship recipients, 2007 [shelved in digital collection: d0045] Women's Achievement Awards Ceremony, 1996 [shelved in videocassette collection: V322] Celebration of Excellence and Achievement Among Women,...
Abstract The department was established in 1924 and was a pioneer in the development of graduate study and professional training. The department existed until 2010 under a variety of names and organizations.
Abstract Iowa farm woman who was elected to fill her husband's term in the Iowa Senate following his death in 1962.
Abstract Farmwoman, columnist, and volunteer from Blairsburg, Iowa who wrote a monthly column for the Rural Electric Cooperative News.
Abstract Banker of Cedar Falls, Iowa. Correspondence, speeches, and subject files regarding his banking career. Subject files include materials relating such topics as the American Bankers Association.
Dates: 1928-1962; 1947-1955
Abstract Editor and publisher of the Mason City Globe Gazette. Papers relating to his career and civic activities. Subject files, correspondence, speeches, and editorials reflect his work for such organizations as the Red Cross, Radio Free Europe, and the Iowa State Board of Regents.
Abstract Republican party official. Subject files relating to Republican politics in Iowa and the nation, especially the 1976 election.
Dates: 1966-1977; 1976
Scope and Contents Engineer. Speeches, subject files, correspondence, photos, other papers.
Abstract Government official. Correspondence, speeches, and materials from the Republican National Committee reflect his work in politics and government. Many of the speeches were given while he was a member of the Civil Aeronautics Board.
- Subject: Speeches X
- Iowa Women's Archives 100
- University of Iowa Special Collections 69
- University of Iowa Archives 14
- Republican Party (Iowa) 19
- University of Iowa 17
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 15
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 12
- State University of Iowa 9
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 8
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 6
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 5
- Republican National Committee (U.S.) 5
- American Association of University Women 4
- League of Women Voters of Iowa 4
- American Legion 3
- Grinnell College 3
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 3
- Iowa State University 3
- Progressive Party (U.S. : 1948) 3
- University of Iowa. College of Law 3
- American Association for the United Nations 2
- American Bar Association 2
- Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women 2
- Bowen, Howard Rothmann, 1908- 2
- Des Moines Art Center 2
- Drake University 2
- Ford, Gerald R., 1913-2006 2
- Grefe, Mary 2
- Hancher, Virgil Melvin, 1896-1965 2
- Iowa City Public Library (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- Iowa Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO 2
- Iowa School Masters' Walt Whitman Club 2
- Iowa State Board of Regents 2
- Iowa Women's Hall of Fame 2
- Iowa. Supreme Court 2
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 2
- Methodist Episcopal Church 2
- National Farmers' Union (U.S.) 2
- National Women's Conference (1st : 1977 : Houston, Tex.) 2
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 2
- Parents & Friends of Lesbians and Gays 2
- Ray, Robert D., 1928- 2
- Republican National Convention 2
- Republican National Convention (31st : 1976 : Kansas City, Mo.) 2
- Republican Party (Iowa). Central Committee 2
- Rockefeller, Nelson A. (Nelson Aldrich), 1908-1979 2
- Smith, Mary Louise 2
- United Nations 2
- United Nations Association of the United States of America 2
- United Nations Association of the United States of America. Iowa Division 2
- United States Commission on Civil Rights 2
- United States. Congress 2
- United States. Department of Agriculture 2
- United States. District Court (Iowa) : Southern District 2
- University of Iowa. Hospitals and Clinics 2
- University of Iowa. Libraries. Iowa Women's Archives 2
- University of Iowa. School of Religion 2
- World Conference on Women 2
- AIDS Coalition of Johnson County (Iowa) 1
- Algona High School (Algona, Iowa) 1
- Allen, Arthur Francis 1
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority 1
- Amana Society 1
- American Association for Health, Physical Education, and Recreation 1
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education 1
- American Association of University Professors 1
- American Bankers Association 1
- American Bar Foundation 1
- American Educational Research Association 1
- American Farm Foundation 1
- American Federation of Arts 1
- American Federation of Grain Millers 1
- American Federation of Grain Producers 1
- American Federation of Labor 1
- American Lutheran Church 1
- American Medical Association 1
- American National Red Cross 1
- American Patients Association 1
- American Psychological Association 1
- American Theological Society 1
- Amherst College 1
- Anderson, Ruth Bluford, 1921-2013 1
- Archdiocesan Council of Catholic Women's (Dubuque, Iowa) 1
- Armand Company 1
- Associated Country Women of the World 1
- Associated Country Women of the World. Conference 1
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America 1
- Association of Trial Lawyers of Iowa 1
- Athletic and Recreation Federation of College Women 1
- Atlantic Council of the United States 1
- B'nai Jeshurun Temple (Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- Baker, Carl 1
- Baldwin, Calvin Benham 1
- Barcelo family 1
- Barceló, Nancy V., 1946- 1
- Beran family 1
- Beran, Janice A. 1
- Bethel College (North Newton, Kan.) 1
- Biklen, Wayne 1
- Biklen, Wayne M. 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Blunden, Edmund 1
- Blunden, Edmund, 1896-1974 1 ∧ less