Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 27
Abstract Drafts of A Change and a Parting, a memoir of growing up in Amana in the 1930s.
Abstract 23 photographs of Doris Julian, Stephen Van Ophuigsen, Coleman Dowell, Jose Quintero and others; 16 photograph postcards including Gertrude Stein and Alice B. Toklas; 75 photographs of celebrities (lacking no. 18); several drafts and related correspondence for Gertrude Stein: An Epilogue.
Abstract Correspondence, photographs, clippings, and genealogical records of these families, including materials relating to operating a farm near Prescott, Kansas; letters home from a worker on the Chautauqua circuit; and letters home from a professor of music.
Abstract Lawyer, Government official, and U.S. Representative from Iowa. Correspondence, and speeches, including material on Iowa politics and government.
Dates: 1899-1944; Majority of material found in 1899-1901, 1935-1938
Abstract Printmaker and artist, Simmons wrote and illustrated a number of books for children.
Abstract Author and co-author of such books as The Ugly American and Fail-Safe. This collection contains a manuscript for the book The Blue of Capricorn, and the serialized version of Fail-Safe, as well as clippings relating to Burdick. Iowa Author Ms.
Abstract Holograph manuscripts of two of Frank Conroy's published books, Stop-time (1967) and Body & Soul (1993).
Scope and Contents There are no contents, the information for this collection has been moved to the Iowa Author’s Manuscript Collection, MsC0869.
Abstract Journalist, writer, and President of the National Press Club. Manuscripts for four of his informational books. Iowa Author
Abstract Member of faculty, University of Iowa colleges of law and engineering. Transportation safety consultant.
Found in: University of Iowa Archives
Abstract Professor of English at the University of Iowa 1919-1928. Authority on Shakespeare and Milton. Typescripts.
Found in: University of Iowa Archives
Abstract Writer and friend of both Grant Wood and Marvin Cone. The collection contains research notes and manuscripts for the book, as well as clippings about Brown herself. Iowa Author Mss.
Abstract Includes manuscripts, galley proofs, page proofs, dust jackets, and other miscellany associated with publications of many Iowa Authors.
Abstract Manuscripts and correspondence related to her books for children including My Name Is-- (1959) and Hidden Year of Devlin Bates (1967).
Scope and Contents Publisher at Lake MacBride, Solon, Iowa. Correspondence, drafts, proofs of books.
Abstract Editor and novelist. Manuscripts for nine books, including No Greener Meadows (1946), his first novel.
Abstract Well-known children's author. This collection consists of several versions of her manuscript for Magic in the Alley. Iowa Author Ms.
Abstract Chemist and Lincoln scholar. Manuscripts, notes, proofs, reviews of books on Lincoln's death and the Civil War, and the manuscript of Eisenschiml's autobiography.
Abstract Teacher and novelist. Author of Twyla (1973, 1976), a book for young adults. Three drafts, related correspondence.
Abstract Poet (numerous books from Worn Earth, 1932), editor of the O. Henry Prize Stories, 1954-1959, director of the Iowa Writers' Workshop, 1941-1967, and co-founder and director of the International Writers' Program, 1967-1976 at the University of Iowa. Literary manuscripts, correspondence, subject files, and student works documenting his career as a writer and teacher.
- Subject: Typescripts X
- University of Iowa Special Collections 25
- University of Iowa Archives 2
- University of Iowa 5
- University of Iowa. Department of English 2
- Amana Society 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Brown, George W. 1
- Brown, Hazel E. 1
- Brown, Lewis H. (Lewis Herold), 1894- 1
- Burdick, Eugene 1
- Burdick, Eugene L. 1
- Calhoun, Mary 1
- Calhoun, Mary Huiskamp 1
- Carlson, Esther Elizabeth 1
- Carver, Thomas N. 1
- Carver, Thomas Nixon, 1865-1961 1
- Cassill, R. V. (Ronald Verlin), 1919-2002 1
- Clark, Glenn, 1882-1956 1
- Colby, Anthony Owen 1
- Cone, Marvin Dorwart, 1891-1965 1
- Conroy, Frank, 1936-2005 1
- Corkhill, Thomas E. 1
- Craig, Hardin 1
- Crary, Margaret 1
- Crawford and Eastwood Families 1
- Crawford family 1
- Drake University 1
- Eastman, Harold Lloyd 1
- Eastwood family 1
- Eicher, Edward Clayton, 1878-1944 1
- Eisenschiml, Otto 1
- Eisenschiml, Otto, 1880-1963 1
- Elston, Hattie Phinnette, 1900- 1
- Engle family 1
- Engle, Paul 1
- Engle, Paul, 1908-1991 1
- Faulkner, William, 1897-1962 1
- FitzGerald, Edward, 1809-1883 1
- Iowa Author's 1
- Iowa Writers' Workshop 1
- Johns-Manville, Incorporated 1
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 1
- Maecenas Press 1
- Marsh, Willard 1
- Martin, Robert Bernard 1
- Mossman, Steven Dow 1
- Muehl, Lois Baker 1
- Radio Corporation of America 1
- Rosheim, David L. 1
- Rowan, Edward Beatty, 1898-1946 1
- Saunders, William Irving 1
- Seagrave, Sadie Fuller 1
- Seagrave, Sadie Fuller, 1882- 1
- Sheets, George M. 1
- Sheets, George Marsh, 1887-1974 1
- Simmons, Eleanor Pownall 1
- Simmons, Ellie 1
- Simpson, Frank B. 1
- Smith, Grace Noll, 1878-1974 1
- Smith, Lewis Worthington, 1866-1947 1
- Stimpson, George 1
- Stimpson, George W., 1896- 1
- University of Iowa. International Writing Program 1
- Van Dine, Warren 1
- Van Dine, Warren L., 1902-1983 1
- Van Vechten, Carl 1
- Van Vechten, Carl, 1880-1964 1
- Ver Duft, Lee, 1910- 1
- Walker, Pamela 1
- Ward, Leo R. (Leo Richard), 1893- 1
- Wood, Grant, 1891-1942 1
- Yambura, Barbara S. 1
- Yambura, Barbara Selzer, 1917- 1
- Yoseloff, Martin 1
- Yoseloff, Martin, 1919- 1
- Zaffiras, George John, 1917- 1 ∧ less