Showing Collections: 61 - 80 of 117
Abstract Scholar, writer and artist.
Abstract Audiovisual educator and professor in the Education Department at the University of Iowa.
Abstract Served for over twenty years in the Iowa judiciary and was the first woman to be appointed to the Iowa Supreme Court.
Abstract Public servant, feminist activist, and poet from Davenport, Iowa.
Abstract Scholar and translator whose work focused on Haitian intellectual Jean Price-Mars.
Dates: 1936-2001; Other: Date acquired: 2006-03-31
Abstract Dancer, choreographer and educator who worked in Iowa, Massachussetts, Oregon and New York.
Dates: 1927-2000; 1961-2000
Abstract Research material compiled by Meade while writing the biography Buster Keaton Cut to the Case.
Found in: University of Iowa Special Collections
Abstract Jewish independent filmmaker raised in Des Moines, Iowa.
Dates: 1951- 2009
Abstract Award-winning actress of the stage and screen from Marshalltown, Iowa, who made her film debut in Woody Allen's Interior's.
Abstract Democrat who served four terms in the Iowa House and one four-year term in the Senate (1986-1998).
Abstract First woman to chair the Republican National Committee, serving from 1974 to 1977. Co-founder of the Louise Noun-Mary Louise Smith Iowa Women's Archives.
Abstract Ohio born psychometrist who divorced in 1957 and moved to Iowa City with her daughters.
Abstract Nurse educator and scholar.
Dates: 1872-2006; 1960-2000
Abstract Davenport area community activist and leader in its Mexican American community.
Abstract Founder of the Des Moines Tutoring Center, and Iowa's first Affirmative Action administrator from 1973 to 1978.
Abstract Educator, author, and columnist. Speeches, newspaper columns, and articles about education. Also includes sound recordings, video tapes, and filmstrips.
Dates: 1933-1982; 1960-1980
Found in: University of Iowa Special Collections
Abstract Northwest Iowa family including Robert McCown, head of the University of Iowa Libraries Department of Special Collections from 1986-1997.
Abstract Costume designer and avid traveler whose papers include an extensive collection of slides, related travel diaries, and materials pertaining to the Iran Hostage Crisis.
Abstract Davenport family that emigrated from Mexico in the 1910s.
- Subject: Video recordings X
- Iowa Women's Archives 105
- University of Iowa Special Collections 11
- University of Iowa Archives 1
- University of Iowa 16
- State University of Iowa 8
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 5
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 4
- University of Iowa. Libraries. Iowa Women's Archives 4
- American National Red Cross 3
- Drake University 3
- Republican Party (Iowa) 3
- United Nations Association of the United States of America. Iowa Division 3
- Emma Goldman Clinic 2
- Iowa Academy of Science 2
- Iowa Civil Rights Commission 2
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 2
- Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation 2
- Iowa State University. Cooperative Extension Service 2
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 2
- Koob, Kathryn 2
- League of United Latin American Citizens. Council 10 (Davenport, Iowa) 2
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 2
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 2
- University of Iowa. Department of Physical Education for Women 2
- University of Iowa. School of Art and Art History 2
- University of Iowa. Women's Resource and Action Center 2
- AIDS Coalition of Johnson County (Iowa) 1
- American Association for Health, Physical Education, and Recreation 1
- American Association for the United Nations 1
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education 1
- American Association of Dental Schools 1
- American Association of University Professors 1
- American Association of University Women 1
- American Basketball League 1
- American Dental Association 1
- American Dental Hygienists' Association 1
- American Geophysical Union 1
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics 1
- American Medical Association 1
- Arecibo Observatory. Advisory Board 1
- Army Specialized Training Program (U.S.) 1
- Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women 1
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America 1
- Association of Trial Lawyers of Iowa 1
- Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy 1
- Athletic and Recreation Federation of College Women 1
- Audiovisual Education Association of Iowa 1
- Bartlett family 1
- Bennett, Julia 1
- Bennett, Mary 1
- Bergmann family 1
- Bergmann, Gustav, 1906-1987 1
- Bergmann, Leola Nelson, 1912-2011 1
- Berry, Jean, 1938- 1
- Birkby, Evelyn 1
- Bishop, Nellie, 1904-1999 1
- Blackmun, Harry A. (Harry Andrew), 1908-1999 1
- Blundall, Joan, 1945- 1
- Bohnen, Salesian Father Laurent 1
- Bonfiglio, Ruth, 1918-2008 1
- Booth, Marlene 1
- Branstad, Terry E. 1
- Brewton, Frances 1
- Bridgeport Central High School (Bridgeport, Conn.) 1
- Britton, Jennifer 1
- Brooks, Beth 1
- Brown, Geraldine 1
- Burns, John 1
- Bush, George, 1924- 1
- COSPAR 1
- Calkins, Asa Starkweather 1
- Calkins, Charles McNeil 1
- Calkins, John, Captain, 1785- 1
- Campbell, Bonnie J., 1948- 1
- Campbell, Lorna 1
- Carnegie Institution of Washington. Department of Terrestrial Magnetism 1
- Carson, Frances 1
- Cassilano, Flora 1
- Cedar Rapids Civil Rights Commission 1
- Celebration of Excellence and Achievment Among Women (University of Iowa) 1
- Central Washington State University 1
- Cerro Tololo Inter-American Observatory 1
- Cherry, Kittredge, 1957- 1
- Christen, Inez, 1906-1999 1
- Christian Children's Fund 1
- Christy, Teresa E. 1
- Church Women United (Johnson County, Iowa) 1
- City High School (Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- Cochran family 1
- Cochran, Lee W. (Lee William) 1
- Cochran, Lida M. 1
- Coe College 1
- Compton, Arthur Holly, 1892-1962 1
- Conlin, Roxanne Barton, 1944- 1
- Corbin, E. Palmer 1
- Corita, 1918-1986 1
- Cullen, Bill, 1920-1990 1
- Culver, John 1
- Culver, John C., 1932- 1
- Curtin, Barb 1
- Curtis High School (Staten Island, New York, N.Y.) 1
- Dancers in Company 1
- Davis, Aldeen 1 ∧ less