Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
Abstract Journalist, diplomat, and public relations expert. Subject files, correspondence, diaries, scrapbooks, etc. relating to his varied career, from WWI intelligence officer to Chicago Tribune editor in Paris to consulate official to public relations director for Standard Oil.
Abstract Dr. Walter Fox was a physician who served in France during WWI and later died in Serbia while working for the Italian Red Cross. Helen Fox Angell was a Red Cross worker during WWII and later in the Panama Canal Zone. Primarily photographs, correspondence, clippings, and memorabilia.
Abstract Soldier, 13th Regiment of railway engineers, U.S. Army, in W.W.I. Correspondence, picture postcards, and photographs.
Abstract American journalist.
Abstract Second editor of Wallaces' Farmer; appointed U.S. Secretary of Agriculture by Warren Harding (1921-1924). Member of exec. committee of the Roosevelt Memorial Association and of the International Committee of Young Men's Christian Association. Arranged in broad subject categories. The correspondence arranged in chronological order.
Abstract Judge, attorney, and environmentalist from Vinton, Iowa. Subject files, speeches, and correspondence relating to his law career, the Vinton community, and the Izaak Walton League of America.
Abstract Correspondence spanning over 40 years and three generations of an Iowa farm family. Subjects include land speculation, farming in Bremer, Blackhawk, and Woodbury counties, farm life in Iowa during the 19th century, and W.W.I.
Abstract World War I letters to students at the University of Iowa.
Abstract World War I soldier. Letters written by Messenger during his service in W.W.I. He was a corporal in Co.B, 111 Machine Gun Battery in France, after the armistice was declared.
Abstract U.S. senator from Iowa and U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals judge. Papers relating to his political and judicial careers. Correspondence, subject files, speeches, and clippings document Kenyon's positions on many issues of the day, including the Teapot Dome scandal, prohibition, and WWI.
- University of Iowa 2
- American National Red Cross 1
- Browning, Robert Morriss 1
- Browning, Robert Morriss, 1893-1963 1
- Fox family 1
- Hoffman, Karl S. 1
- Izaak Walton League of America 1
- Jolley Family 1
- Kefauver, Estes, 1903-1963 1
- Kenyon, William S. 1
- McDermott, Francis 1
- Messenger, Thomas W. 1
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations 1
- People to People Conference (1956: Washington, D.C.) 1
- Public Relations Society of America 1
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 1
- Reynolds, Conger 1
- Roosevelt Memorial Association 1
- Standard Oil Company 1
- State University of Iowa 1
- Tilford Collegiate Academy 1
- Tobin, John W. 1
- United Service Organizations (U.S.) 1
- United States Army. Corps of Engineers. Regiment, 13th 1
- United States Army. Division, 88th. Infantry Regiment, 352nd, Company K 1
- United States Army. Infantry Regiment, 168th 1
- United States Army. Medical Officers' Reserve Corps 1
- United States Information Agency 1
- United States. Circuit Court of Appeals 1
- United States. Department of Agriculture 1
- United States. Food Administration 1
- United States. Office of Private Cooperation 1
- United States. Wickersham Commission 1
- Wallace, Henry Cantwell, 1866-1924 1
- Wertz, Harvey W. 1
- Williams, Mabel C. 1
- Young Men's Christian Associations of North America. International Committee 1
- united states Army. Infantry Regiment, 168th. 1 ∧ less