Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 29
Abstract Japanese American activist who, after being interned in a War Relocation Center during World War II, travelled extensively and was heavily involved in human and civil rights campaigns in Iowa City and beyond.
Dates: 1944-2012; Other: Date acquired: 2012-12-06
Abstract Diaries of an Iowa woman.
Abstract Mapleton, Iowa high school student who sent telegrams for Western Union during World War II.
Abstract Puerto Rican woman who served in the Women's Army Corps during World War II and trained at Fort Des Moines, Iowa.
Abstract Free-lance writer, home economics teacher, and civic leader who wrote articles and diaries concerning life in Iowa, China, and Wisconsin.
Abstract Author, librarian, and professor of library science who was a WAVE during World War II.
Collection — Folder: 1
Abstract Reflections on life as a farmwoman and young mother during World War II.
Arrangement One folder, shelved in SCVF.
Arrangement One folder, shelved in SCVF.
Abstract University of Iowa alumna and clubwoman. She wrote a column for the Iowa City Press Citizen during World War II.
Abstract Women's drama study club founded in 1914 in Iowa City.
Abstract Stage actress who spent her childhood in Saskatchewan and was a teacher in Fairfield, Iowa.
Abstract Teacher of nutrition education and dietetics; U. S. Army Second Lieutenant who served as a medical hospital dietician at Camp Gordon, Georgia during World War II.
Abstract Author and Professor Emeritus of Russian at the University of Iowa, who emmigrated to the United States after surviving the siege of Leningrad in 1941.
Dates: 1937-1996; 1960-1993
Abstract Nurse Jeanne Jones Cook grew up in Iowa and Colorado. She completed her training with the U.S. Cadet Nurse Corps in 1945.
Abstract Iowa family that corresponded during World War II.
Abstract Social worker in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, from the 1930s though the 1960s.
Dates: 1880, 1918-1993
Abstract A German war bride who came to Iowa in 1922. During World War II she ran the family farm while her husband was serving in the armed forces.
Abstract Nurse who served in the Army Nurse Corps during World War II.
Abstract Waterloo, Iowa native who served in the Women's Army Auxiliary Corps during World War II and then in the United States Air Force Reserve.
Abstract Photojournalist and writer who lived with Cuna Indians on the San Blas Islands to learn their culture and traditions.
- Subject: World War, 1939-1945 -- Women X
- State University of Iowa 6
- Iowa State College 2
- United States. Army. Women's Army Corps 2
- United States. Naval Reserve. Women's Reserve 2
- United States. Navy 2
- University of Iowa 2
- American National Red Cross 1
- Atlantic High School (Atlantic, Iowa) 1
- Black Hills Playhouse (Theater group) 1
- Burgess family 1
- Burgess, Nellie 1
- Camp Shows, Inc. 1
- Casteel, Rachel 1
- Child, Charlotte Joiner 1
- Cook, Jeanne Jones, 1927-1993 1
- Costantino, A. Mori, 1924 - 2020 1
- Costantino, Anthony 1
- Dakota Dunes Country Club (Dakota Dunes, S.D.) 1
- Davis, Laura Hutchison, 1916-1993 1
- Davis, Lloyd L. 1
- Dow Chemical Company 1
- Dow Chemical Physics Lab 1
- Entre Nous (Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- Fairfield Junior High School (Fairfield, Iowa) 1
- Fleming, Everett A. 1
- Fleming, Minerva Etheline Ford 1
- Fleming, Vesie 1
- Gaines, Blanca Vasquez, 1918- 1
- Gerber, Zella May, 1904-1997 1
- Grinnell College 1
- Hageboeck, Eleanor Gildner, 1908- 1
- Horsley, Jess 1
- Horsley, Maureen 1
- Iglesias, Marvel 1
- Iowa City Human Relations Commission (Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- Iowa Civil Liberties Union 1
- Iowa Civil Rights Commission 1
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 1
- Iowa Lutheran Hospital (Des Moines, Iowa). School of Nursing 1
- Irwin, Constance, 1913-1995 1
- Johnson, Margaret Langland, 1912-1972 1
- Johnson, Ursula 1
- Joiner Family 1
- Joiner family 1
- Joiner, Charles W. 1
- Joiner, Melvin 1
- Joiner, Otis W. 1
- Jones, Joe Allen 1
- Jones, Virginia Shrauger, 1921- 1
- Kappa Delta Alumni Association (Iowa State College) 1
- Kountz, Alice Cynthia Stong, 1916-1994 1
- Kountz, Roy Rupert, -1971 1
- Lais, Leonore Evans 1
- League of Women Voters of Johnson County, Iowa 1
- Lichty, Marion Cox, 1915- 1
- Lozier, Margaret Joiner 1
- Mapleton High School (Mapleton, Iowa) 1
- Mercy Hospital (Burlington, Iowa). School of Nursing 1
- Meyer, Louis 1
- Mills family 1
- Mills, Ernest 1
- Mills, Glenn 1
- Mitchell, Frances L. 1
- Mitchell, Paul 1
- Moore, Mary Anne Lozier 1
- Ohlson, Margaret 1
- Pendleton, Roberta 1
- Pennsylvania State University 1
- Place, Dorothy Sprout, 1921- 1
- Place, Harlan 1
- Reger-Wilkinson, Mary Frances, 1909-2006 1
- Scriabine, George, 1936-1963 1
- Shrauger, Cornelia Prentiss, 1896-1985 1
- Simonsen, Merle 1
- Simonsen, Virginia Tanner, 1923- 1
- Sioux City Boat Club (Sioux City, Iowa) 1
- Skott, Clara Steen, 1888-1994 1
- Skri︠a︡bina, Elena, 1906-1996 1
- Spayde, Gladys, 1919-2004 1
- State University of Iowa. Department of Home Economics 1
- Stevens, Harriet Adeline, 1909- 1
- Stoesser, Sylvia M., 1901-1991 1
- Stone, Bette Brooks, 1927- 1
- Stone, James 1
- Stong family 1
- Stong, Ernest Lee, 1878-1933 1
- Stong, Martha Alice Tobias, 1878-1961 1
- Tanner, A. J. 1
- Tanner, Anna Johns 1
- Tharp, Herman 1
- Tharp, Rosemary, 1921-1994 1
- Tylee, Ben 1
- Tylee, Frances 1
- Tylee, Magdalena, 1894-1988 1
- United Service Organizations (U.S.) 1
- United States. Air Force Reserve 1
- United States. Army Nurse Corps 1
- United States. Army. Corps of Engineers 1
- United States. Army. Women's Army Auxiliary Corps 1
- United States. Cadet Nurse Corps 1 ∧ less