Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 40
Abstract Young woman who came to Hancock County, Iowa in 1868; her experiences were recorded in the book, A Prairie Rose, by Bertha E. Bush.
Abstract Budgets, correspondence, clippings, photographs, and other material.
Dates: 1874 - 1973; 1935 - 194
Abstract Correspondence, account books, reports, lists, attendance registers, minutes, rosters of officers, publicity material, programs, and financial records.
Dates: 1923 - 1958
Abstract Records of the Cedar Rapids ticket agent for the railway, this collection consists of record books, correspondence with headquarters in Chicago, and correspondence dealing with problems of passenger transportation. Bulk dates are 1896-1899.
Dates: 1890 - 1907; 1896 - 189
Abstract University of Iowa graduate and laboratory assistant who was active in student government and served as a steward in AFSCME Local 12.
Abstract Lawyer. Photocopies of correspondence, editorials, photographs, and speeches.
Abstract U.S. Senator from Iowa , and educator. Arranged in 9 series, the papers consist of subject files, casework files, issue statements, clippings, audio, visual, film and photographs during his term in office. Subjects of special concern to Clark range from Africa and international relations to agriculture and conservation, Democratic Party politics to the aged, and education to transportation.
Dates: 1973 - 1988; Majority of material found within 1973 - 1979-12
Abstract Cedar Rapids dance studio founded in 1951 by Edna Dieman and Julia Bennett.
Abstract Iowa native who wrote for the Cedar Rapids Gazette, LIFE magazine, and other periodicals.
Abstract Known as the Vietnam Mail Lady, Neal corresponded with servicemen stationed in Vietnam from 1966 to 1969.
Abstract Singer and radio-script editor from Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Atkinson performed in a song-and-dance act with her brothers Wallace and Cecil Reed from 1935 to 1944.
Collection — Folder: 1
Abstract Videotaped interview with Herbst about the history of television broadcasting in Iowa, 1998.
Arrangement One folder shelved in SCVF.
Arrangement One folder shelved in SCVF.
Dates: 1924-2003; 1998-2003
Abstract Cedar Rapids native who worked on the radio show 'The Quiz Kids.'
Abstract Des Moines educator whose materials include You Can't Go Back to Buxton and African Americans in Iowa: a Chronicle of Contributions, 1830-1992.
Dates: 1906-2000; 1950-2000
Abstract Reporter and editor for The Cedar Rapids Gazette. Correspondence, subject files, and photographs relating to Nye's career with the Gazette. Includes information on Iowa politics and legislature, reapportionment, Herbert Hoover, and copies of articles written by Nye.
Abstract A participant in the Camp Fire Girls between 1940 and 1954; materials include correspondence, scrapbooks and a memoir.
Abstract Pioneer family from Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Typed transcriptions of diaries, letters, and cards describing life in early Johnson, Jones, and Linn counties in Iowa.
Dates: 1790-1936; 1860-1890
Abstract Governor and U.S. Senator from Iowa. Gubernatorial and senatorial office files relating to his political career.
Abstract Iowa legislator and community activist from Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
- Subject: Cedar Rapids (Iowa) X
- Iowa Women's Archives 30
- University of Iowa Special Collections 10
- University of Iowa 3
- Camp Fire Girls. Iowana Council 2
- Coe College 2
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 2
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 2
- Iowa. General Assembly 2
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 2
- State University of Iowa 2
- United Nations Association of the United States of America. Iowa Division 2
- American Bankers Association 1
- American National Red Cross 1
- Atkinson, Edith Reed, 1919-2000 1
- Backes, Lenora 1
- Beatty family 1
- Beatty, Carrie Kelly, 1853-1925 1
- Benjamin Franklin High School (Cedar Rapids, Iowa) 1
- Bennett, Julia 1
- Bishop, Nellie, 1904-1999 1
- Brewton, Frances 1
- Broer, Bethany 1
- Broer, Faye York 1
- Broer, Jacob 1
- Broer, Kyle 1
- Brown, Geraldine 1
- Bush, Bertha E. 1
- Camp Hitaga 1
- Camp Hiwela 1
- Cargill Corn Starch and Syrup (Cedar Rapids, Iowa) 1
- Carson, Frances 1
- Carson, Marion, 1927- 1
- Carver, Roy James, 1909-1981 1
- Cedar Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce 1
- Cedar Rapids Civil Rights Commission 1
- Cedar Rapids Symphony Orchestra 1
- Chapman, Kathleen Halloran, 1937- 1
- Chicago and North Western Railway Company 1
- City High School (Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- Clark, Dick 1
- Copley Newspapers 1
- Crawford, Louise, 1890-1973 1
- Cullen, Bill, 1920-1990 1
- Davis, Laura Hutchison, 1916-1993 1
- Davis, Lloyd L. 1
- Des Moines (Iowa). Police Department 1
- Dieman, Edna, 1903-1999 1
- Dieman-Bennett Dance Theatre of the Hemispheres (Cedar Rapids, Iowa) 1
- Elderkin, David 1
- Ellsworth Community College (Iowa Falls, Iowa) 1
- Ely, Polly, 1920-2008 1
- Foster, Georgana Falb, 1928- 1
- Furgerson, Betty Jean, 1927- 1
- Global Cedar Rapids (Organization) 1
- Grand Army of the Republic 1
- Greene family 1
- Hamblin family 1
- Hamblin, Dora Jane, 1920-1993 1
- Harris, Gwendolene Barry 1
- Harris, Lileah, 1931-2014 1
- Hawkeye Area Community Action Program 1
- Hawthorne, Frances E. 1
- Heisdorffer, Ann White 1
- Hennessey, Dorothy Marie 1
- Hennessey, Gwen, Sister, 1932-2008 1
- Henry, Phylliss, 1940- 1
- Herbst, Edna, 1924-2003 1
- Hoover Presidential Library Association 1
- Hoover, Herbert, 1874-1964 1
- Houghton Mifflin Company 1
- Hughes, Harold E. 1
- Indiana University 1
- Ingham, Erastus, 1821-1879 1
- Ingham, William H. 1
- Iowa Civil Rights Commission 1
- Iowa Commerce Commission 1
- Iowa Falls High School (Iowa Falls, Iowa) 1
- Iowa Governor's Reapportionment Action Committee 1
- Iowa State Bar Association 1
- Jensen, Dorothy 1
- Johnson, Vivian W. 1
- KCRG (Radio station : Cedar Rapids, Iowa) 1
- KCRG-TV (Television station : Iowa) 1
- Kesler, Eliza Hickok, 1909- 1
- Kilbourn, Kathy, 1944- 1
- Kuba, Josephine M., 1909-1983 1
- League of Women Voters of Cedar Rapids-Marion 1
- Lipsky, Joan, 1919-2015 1
- Lynch, Deborah 1
- Marin, Betty 1
- Marsh, Marjorie, 1913- 1
- Martin, Leo 1
- Martin, Paul H. 1
- Maxwell, Artice 1
- Moore, Harlen 1
- Moore, Margaret Martin 1
- Moore, Mary Ellen, 1919-1998 1
- Mount Holyoke College 1
- National Association of Women in Construction 1
- National Association of Women in Construction. Cedar Rapids-Iowa City Chapter 1
- National League of American Pen Women. Waterloo-Cedar Rapids Branch 1
- National Organization for Women 1 ∧ less