Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 47
Overview Papers and scrapbook of 100 Grannies, an environmental and conservation activist group in Iowa City.
Abstract Iowa City feminist and activist.
Abstract Iowa City resident who worked to preserve and restore Iowa City landmarks including the Old Capitol building.
Abstract Muscatine, Iowa, newspaper columnist active in arts, civic, educational, and religious organizations.
Abstract Nurse, abortion rights activist and educator from Fairfield, Iowa.
Abstract Japanese American activist who, after being interned in a War Relocation Center during World War II, travelled extensively and was heavily involved in human and civil rights campaigns in Iowa City and beyond.
Dates: 1944-2012; Other: Date acquired: 2012-12-06
Abstract Reporter, women's page editor, and columnist for the Minneapolis Star and Tribune from the 1940s until 1988.
Abstract Clubwoman and member of the Semper Fidelis Club in Davenport, Iowa.
Abstract Community activist from Red Oak, Iowa.
Abstract Family farmer, volunteer, and community activist who served on U.S. National Commission for UNESCO and the International Women's Year Commission.
Abstract Social worker, community activist, and civic administrator who founded the Quad Cities Conference on Black Families, Inc.
Dates: 1957-1995; 1976-1991
Abstract Iowa farm activist who served as the first executive director of the North American Farm Alliance during the farm crisis of the 1980s.
Abstract Active clubwoman, Methodist, writer and farmer from Fayette County who spent 19 years in a retirement home in Fort Dodge.
Abstract Educated in journalism and law. Washington, Iowa, resident active in YWCA, Planned Parenthood and UNICEF.
Abstract Republican who served in Iowa House of Representatives from 1980 to 1994.
Abstract Human rights advocate from Burlington, Iowa who was active in local and international issues, particularly UNA-USA and the League of Women Voters.
Collection — Folder: 1
Abstract Organic farmer and activist in Poweshiek County, Iowa.
Arrangement One folder, shelved in SCVF.
Arrangement One folder, shelved in SCVF.
Abstract Davenport civil rights and Chicano activist, born in the predominantly Mexican settlement of Holy City in Bettendorf, Iowa.
Abstract Johnson County community activist from the 1970s to 1990s.
Dates: 1936-1995; 1952-1995
- Subject: Community activists X
- State University of Iowa 6
- University of Iowa 4
- League of United Latin American Citizens. Council 10 (Davenport, Iowa) 3
- Hodne, Carol 2
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 2
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 2
- Jones, Virginia Shrauger, 1921- 2
- Shrauger, Cornelia Prentiss, 1896-1985 2
- 100 Grannies 1
- American Association for the United Nations 1
- American Association of University Women 1
- American Association of University Women. Iowa City Branch 1
- American Institute of Commerce 1
- Anderson, Marilyn 1
- Antioch Baptist Church (Waterloo, Iowa) 1
- Archdiocesan Council of Catholic Women's (Dubuque, Iowa) 1
- Associated Country Women of the World 1
- Associated Country Women of the World. Conference 1
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America 1
- Association of Trial Lawyers of Iowa 1
- Atlantic High School (Atlantic, Iowa) 1
- Barker, Patti 1
- Becker, Ruth Salzmann, 1922-2007 1
- Becker, Virginia, 1918- 1
- Bevin, Nancy 1
- Blundall, Joan, 1945- 1
- Bollin, Kathy 1
- Braverman, Rosalie, 1910-2010 1
- Brown, Bill 1
- Brown, Harriet Connor, 1872- 1
- Brown, Maria Dean Foster, 1827-1929 1
- Carpenter, Dorothy, 1933- 1
- Catalano, Theresa Mary, 1959-1999 1
- Catholic Interracial Council (Davenport, Iowa) 1
- CenterSpace (Community art center : Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- Christensen, Naomi 1
- Club Les Dames (Waterloo, Iowa) 1
- Conlin, Roxanne Barton, 1944- 1
- Costantino, A. Mori, 1924 - 2020 1
- Costantino, Anthony 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution 1
- Davis, Aldeen 1
- Day family 1
- Day, Cornelia, 1919-2004 1
- Day, Dennis 1
- Day, Edward 1
- Day, Robert 1
- Day, Wilbur 1
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 1
- Dickens, Mary, 1925-2014 1
- Dubuque Human Rights Commission (Dubuque, Iowa) 1
- Eddy, Pat 1
- Elliott, Wende 1
- Embree, Wilma 1
- Everett family 1
- Everett, Beverly, 1926-2001 1
- Faga, Linda 1
- Fillers, Freddie 1
- First United Methodist Church (Randalia, Iowa) 1
- Flanagan, Barbara, 1924- 1
- Friendship Haven, Home for the Retired (Fort Dodge, Iowa) 1
- Garst, Liz 1
- Garst, Mary 1
- Gerber, John C. 1
- Gerber, Margaret Wilbourn, 1913-1996 1
- Girl Scouts of the United States of America 1
- Goldman, Louise, 1924-1998 1
- Grabner, Barbara 1
- Gradwell, Shelley 1
- Greater Iowa City Cultural Alliance (Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- Griffieon, LaVon 1
- Grinnell College 1
- Hansen, Betty 1
- Harris, Lileah, 1931-2014 1
- Hawkeye Area Community Action Program 1
- Helen Lemme Elementary School (Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- Hoover, Irene 1
- Hughes, Harold E. (Harold Everett), 1922-1996 1
- International Wives Club (Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- Iowa Association of Colored Women's Clubs 1
- Iowa City Human Relations Commission (Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- Iowa City Women's Press 1
- Iowa Civil Liberties Union 1
- Iowa Civil Rights Commission 1
- Iowa Farm Bureau Federation. Women's Committee 1
- Iowa Higher Education Task Force 1
- Iowa Master Farm Homemakers Guild 1
- Iowa State University 1
- Iowa State University. Library 1
- Iowa Women's Hall of Fame 1
- Iowa. Attorney-General's Office 1
- Iowa. General Assembly 1
- Jens, Arlene, 1926- 1
- Jensen, Dorothy 1
- Jesina, Sheryl 1
- John Glenn Presidential Campaign 1
- Johnson County Regional Planning Commission (Iowa) 1
- Jones, Joe Allen 1
- Judson College (Marion, Ala.) 1
- Kazina, Ben 1 ∧ less