Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 35
Abstract Correspondence reflecting pioneer life in Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, and Montana.
Abstract Civil War soldier. Correspondence from Davis (an officer in Co.I, 15th Regiment, Indiana Volunteers) to his wife and daughters. Letters include information on troop morale, slavery, camp life, battles, Copperheads, etc.
Dates: 1879-1891; 1861-1863
Abstract Civil War soldier and mayor of DeWitt, Iowa. Letters written to his wife while he was serving with the 26th Iowa Volunteer Infantry in the Civil War.
Dates: 1861-1900; Majority of material found within 1861-1864
Abstract Civil War soldier from Danville, Iowa. Consists of letters written to his parents and family describing life in the 15th Iowa Volunteer Infantry. Also includes his promotion and discharge papers.
Abstract Spanish American War soldier from Red Oak, IA. Personal letters concerning the activities of Company M, 51st Infantry Regiment, Iowa Volunteers during the Spanish American War.
Abstract One hundred and eighteen letters from Charles Thomas Ackley, mostly to his wife in Marble Rock, Iowa. Also included are newspaper clippings, brief biographies of some of the men in the Seventh Iowa Volunteer Infantry, and historical commentary.
Abstract Governor of Iowa, 1931-1933. Correspondence, speeches, subject files, and clippings.
Abstract Dr. Walter Fox was a physician who served in France during WWI and later died in Serbia while working for the Italian Red Cross. Helen Fox Angell was a Red Cross worker during WWII and later in the Panama Canal Zone. Primarily photographs, correspondence, clippings, and memorabilia.
Dates: 1880-1966; 1918-1947
Abstract Soldier, 13th Regiment of railway engineers, U.S. Army, in W.W.I. Correspondence, picture postcards, and photographs.
Dates: 1917-1932; 1978
Abstract Civil War soldier from Iowa. Primarily letters written by Lt. George F. Hall of Co. C, 2nd Iowa Infantry Regiment, to his father during the Civil War. They discuss the food and weather, clothing, Copperheads, etc.
Dates: 1861-1864; Majority of material found in 1862-1863
Abstract Diaries of a soldier in Company E, 17th Iowa Infantry, who was captured and imprisoned in Sumter Prison, 1864-65.
Abstract Diaries of the Civil War experiences of a member of the 31st Regiment of Ohio Infantry.
Abstract Historian, archivist, and author. Correspondence files; diaries; memorabilia; scrapbooks dealing with his early life, education, career in the State Department, and work for the Methodist Church.
Abstract World War II soldier. Correspondence, medals, scrapbook, and photographs primarily related to his service in the 210th Armored Infantry Battalion, 10th Armored (Tiger) Division, U.S. Army.
Abstract Populist leader. Weaver's correspondence with his wife; other Weaver family papers. Includes material on Davis Co., Iowa, and experiences in the Civil War.
Dates: 1836-1894; Majority of material found in 1862-186
Abstract Farmer and livestock breeder. Reminiscences and financial and stock and crop records relating to the family farm.
Dates: 1845-1959; 1910-1930
Abstract Neurosurgeon and book collector specializing in rare medical books. These papers primarily concern Dr. Martin's association with the University of Iowa. The establishment of the John Martin Rare Book Room and the donation of his collection of rare medical books is well documented with correspondence, clippings, brochures, etc. Some autobiographical sketches are included along with records of Dr. Martin's military service.
Abstract Lawyer in Burlington, Iowa and Iowa state senator. Correspondence and subject files relating to his legal and political careers and his military service in World War II.
Dates: 1923-1954; 1933-1936
Abstract Civil War soldier. Relates his feelings and experiences with the 27th Iowa Volunteer Infantry Regiment.
Abstract Judge, attorney, and environmentalist from Vinton, Iowa. Subject files, speeches, and correspondence relating to his law career, the Vinton community, and the Izaak Walton League of America.
- Subject: Personal narratives X
- University of Iowa 4
- American National Red Cross 2
- Republican Party (Iowa) 2
- United States Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 24th (1862-1865), Company E 2
- Abraham, Lot 1
- Ackley, Charles Thomas 1
- Albertson family 1
- Allspaugh, Harrison 1
- American Legion 1
- Andersonville Prison 1
- Bowen, Howard Rothmann, 1908- 1
- Browning, Robert Morriss 1
- Browning, Robert Morriss, 1893-1963 1
- Butler, Anson Rood, 1828-1901 1
- Cady, Charles 1
- Calhoun, John N. 1
- Calkin, Homer L. 1
- Cornell College (Mount Vernon, Iowa) 1
- Culver, Joseph Franklin 1
- Culver, Mary, 1842-1920 1
- Darling, Marcellus Warner 1
- Davis, Andrew F. 1
- Emmons, W.B. 1
- Evans, Joseph E. 1
- Fedderson, R. T. 1
- Fox family 1
- Goodenow, John Elliot 1
- Goodue, William F. 1
- Hall, George F. 1
- Hall, Israel 1
- Hall, W. Earl 1
- Hancher, Virgil Melvin, 1896-1965 1
- Hardin Library for the Health Sciences 1
- Hoffman, Karl S. 1
- Hyde, Jackson L. 1
- Iowa State Board of Regents 1
- Iowa State Safety Council 1
- Ironmen (Football team) 1
- Izaak Walton League of America 1
- Jolley Family 1
- Kinnick, Nile C. 1
- Kinnick, Nile C. (Nile Clarke), 1918-1943 1
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 1
- Mann Family 1
- Martin, John M.D. Ph.D. 1
- McDermott, Francis 1
- Mead Family 1
- Murphy, Charles H. 1
- National Farmers Organization (U.S.) 1
- National Farmers' Holiday Association (U.S.) 1
- Pratt, John W. 1
- Radio Free Europe 1
- Rigby, William Titus 1
- Shearer, George Marion 1
- Shearer, George Marion, 1837-1912 1
- Shelton Family 1
- Shelton, Mary E. 1
- Shelton, O. C., Lieutenant 1
- Shelton, Rhoda Amanda 1
- Silver, Silas B. 1
- State University of Iowa 1
- Tilford Collegiate Academy 1
- Tobin, John W. 1
- Turner, Daniel Webster 1
- United States Army. Armored Division, 10th 1
- United States Army. Armored Infantry Battalion, 20th 1
- United States Army. Colored Infantry Regiment, 62nd 1
- United States Army. Corps of Engineers. Regiment, 13th 1
- United States Army. Division, 88th. Infantry Regiment, 352nd, Company K 1
- United States Army. Illinois Infantry 129th Regiment, 1862-1865 1
- United States Army. Illinois Infantry Regiment, 34th (1861-1865) 1
- United States Army. Iowa Cavalry Regiment, 4th (1861-1865), Company A 1
- United States Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 15th (1861- 1865) 1
- United States Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 27th (1862- 1865), Company A 1
- United States Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 2nd (1861-1865), Company C 1
- United States Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 51st (1898-1899), Company M 1
- United States Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 7th (1861-1865), Company G 1
- United States Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 7th (1862-1865) 1
- United States Army. Medical Officers' Reserve Corps 1
- United States Army. New York Infantry Regiment, 154th (1861-1865), Company K 1
- United States Army. Ohio Infantry Regiment, 31st (1861-1865) 1
- United States Army. Wisconsin Infantry Regiment, 3rd (1861-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Indiana Infantry Regiment, 15th (1861-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Iowa Cavalry Regiment, 4th (1861-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 17th (1862-1865) Company E 1
- United States. Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 26th (1862- 1865). Company H 1
- United States. Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 2nd (1861-1864) 1
- United States. Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 45th (1864) 1
- United States. Department of State 1
- United States. Navy 1
- United States. War Production Board 1
- University of Iowa. College of Medicine 1
- University of Iowa. Department of English 1
- Vicksburg National Military Park (Miss.) 1
- Weaver, Clara Vinson 1
- Weaver, James B. (James Baird), 1833-1912 1
- Williams, Mabel C. 1
- World Methodist Historical Society 1 ∧ less