Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 32
Abstract High school English teacher who was active in state and national Democratic Party politics during the 1950s and 1960s.
Dates: 1899-1994; 1920-1968
Abstract Iowa State senator, 1967-1972 and Lieutenant Governor of Iowa, 1973-1978. Subject files, correspondence, speeches, etc.
Abstract U.S. Representative from Iowa. Correspondence, subject files, legislative records, and speeches relating to his career in the Congress.
Abstract U.S. Representative from Iowa and attorney. Subject files relating to his Congressional career. Includes campaign materials, and files on conservation, tariffs, pensions, and other subjects.
Abstract Governor and U.S. Senator from Iowa. The papers primarily consist of political speeches and correspondence on topics ranging from neutrality to the Democratic conventions.
Dates: 1931-1942; 1933-1937
Abstract Founded in 1866 and dissolved in 1938, the Curtis Companies were a conglomerate of associated sash, door, and millwork companies that eventually consolidated into a single corporation. Includes correspondence, ledgers, journals, cashbooks, stockbooks, and minute books, with correspondence of U.S. Representative George M. Curtis.
Abstract Iowa state senator, lieutenant governor of Iowa, Democratic candidate for governor of Iowa, delegate to Democratic National Convention, and U.S. District Court Judge for Northern District of Iowa. Correspondence, speeches, telegrams, campaign material, press releases, photographs, newspaper clippings, tape recordings, phonograph recordings, and scrapbooks.
Dates: 1942-1964; 1960-1970
Abstract Politician and women's rights activist from Red Oak, Iowa,who ran for Iowa state representative in 1966.
Abstract Attorney, Congressman, and judge. Correspondence, family and personal records, with court decisions and speeches.
Dates: 1841-1965; 1940-1970
Abstract U.S. Representative from Iowa. Correspondence, speeches, and campaign material relating to his years in the Congress.
Abstract Iowa Supreme Court Justice and Iowa state legislator. Subject files relating to his career in law and politics. Includes correspondence, legal cases, law school reunions, etc.
Dates: 1911-1971; 1958-1961;
Abstract Organization to promote the advancement of women in politics.
Abstract Lawyer and State Chair of Iowa's Democratic State Central Committee. Speeches, correspondence, press releases, voter lists, financial reports, etc. all relating to More's involvement in Iowa's Democratic Party organization.
Abstract Attorney, U.S. Representative from Iowa, and Regional Legal Council for the International Cooperation Administration of the Middle East. Correspondence, speeches, and subject files relating to his career.
Dates: 1923-1962; 1940-1960
Abstract A known suffragist who was active in community and political circles in Des Moines, Iowa.
Abstract Lawyer and politician of Boone, Iowa. Correspondence relating primarily to Steven's political activities, particularly in 1912.
Overview This collection is compiled of various documents of John Robert Hansen, Iowa politician.
Abstract Britt, Iowa-born member of the Iowa House of Representatives and vice-chair of the Committee on Agriculture during the farm crisis of the 1980s.
Abstract State representative from 1958 to 1964 and the first woman elected to Charles City Council, 1970.
Abstract U.S. Representative from Iowa and Agency for International Development official. Correspondence, bills and resolutions, newsletters and press releases all related to his one term in Congress.
- Subject: Politicians X
- University of Iowa Special Collections 19
- Iowa Women's Archives 13
- Republican Party (Iowa) 11
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 10
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 9
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 3
- Republican National Committee (U.S.) 3
- Republican National Convention 3
- State University of Iowa 3
- United States Postal Service 3
- Democratic Party (Iowa). State Central Committee 2
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 2
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 2
- Republican Party (Iowa). Central Committee 2
- University of Iowa 2
- Algona High School (Algona, Iowa) 1
- Allison, William B. 1
- American Association for the United Nations 1
- American Association of University Women 1
- American Legion 1
- Berg, Orville 1
- Biermann, Frederick Elliott 1
- Bush, George, 1924- 1
- Carter, Steven V. 1
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) 1
- Commerce and Industry Association of New York. 1
- Conflict and Civility in Political Discourse Symposium (2011 : University of Iowa) 1
- Cosson, George 1
- Cosson, Jennifer Riggs, -1943 1
- Cruikshank, Rena 1
- Cunningham, Paul Harvey 1
- Curtis Companies 1
- Curtis, George Martin, 1844-1921 1
- Des Moines Human Rights Commission 1
- Dickinson, Lester Jesse 1
- Dolliver, James I. 1
- Drake University 1
- Duncan, Bob 1
- Falvey, Lawrence A., 1901-1957 1
- Ford, Gerald R., 1913-2006 1
- Garrett, Harry Freeland 1
- Grefe, Mary 1
- Gruhn, Josephine, 1927- 1
- Herring, Clyde L. 1
- International Council for Adult Education 1
- Iowa Advisory Commission on Intergovernmental Relations 1
- Iowa Development Commission 1
- Iowa ERA Coalition 1
- Iowa Library Commission 1
- Iowa Lieutenant Governor (1973-1978 : Neu) 1
- Iowa Public Broadcasting Network 1
- Iowa State Association of Counties 1
- Iowa Women's Caucus Research and Education Center 1
- Iowa Women's Political Caucus 1
- Iowa. Secretary of State 1
- Iowa. Supreme Court 1
- Jamestown Ter-centennial Exposition (1907) 1
- Jensen, Ben F. 1
- Jochum, Pam, 1954- 1
- KRNT (Television station : Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- Kelly, Alberta Metcalf, 1899-1994 1
- Kraschel, Nelson G. 1
- Kuehl, Curt 1
- Letts, Fred Dickinson 1
- Mason, Kären 1
- McDonald, Margaret, 1925- 1
- McManus, Edward J. 1
- Missouri River Wildlife Association 1
- More, Jake 1
- National Advisory Council on Adult Education (U.S.) 1
- National Association of Counties 1
- National Conference of Christians and Jews 1
- National Council for Prevention of War (U.S.) 1
- National Federation of Republican Women 1
- National Organization for Women 1
- National Women's Political Caucus (U.S.) 1
- Neu, Arthur A. 1
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 1
- Noun, Louise R. 1
- Odell family 1
- Odell, John 1
- Odell, Mary Jane, 1923-2010 1
- Pardun, Patricia 1
- Pelzer, Ruth 1
- Pickett, Charles 1
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America 1
- President's Commission for the Observance of the 25th Anniversary of the United Nations 1
- Progressive Party (1912) 1
- Radcliffe College 1
- Ray, Robert D., 1928- 1
- Reagan, Ronald 1
- Republican National Committee (U.S.). Women's Division 1
- Republican National Convention (31st : 1976 : Kansas City, Mo.) 1
- Republican Party (Iowa) State Convention 1
- Richards, Elizabeth Miller 1
- Rockefeller, Nelson A. (Nelson Aldrich), 1908-1979 1
- Scott County (Iowa). Board of Supervisors 1
- Simpson College 1
- Smith, Elmer M. 1
- Smith, Mary Louise 1
- Stevens, John Loomis 1
- Stevens, John Loomis, 1850-1933 1 ∧ less