Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 51
Abstract Civil War soldier and mayor of DeWitt, Iowa. Letters written to his wife while he was serving with the 26th Iowa Volunteer Infantry in the Civil War.
Dates: 1861-1900; Majority of material found within 1861-1864
Abstract Puerto Rican woman who served in the Women's Army Corps during World War II and trained at Fort Des Moines, Iowa.
Abstract Letters to McClain's family in Wilton Junction, Iowa, telling of experiences in Tennessee with the 2nd Regiment of Iowa Cavalry.
Abstract Diary of an unknown soldier in Company C, 4th Infantry C.V., who was assigned to a detail guarding a wagon train carrying species to the East.
Abstract Letters to Iowa resident Laura Birgen from Carl White who served in the U.S. Army in France during and after World War I.
Abstract Civil War soldier from Danville, Iowa. Consists of letters written to his parents and family describing life in the 15th Iowa Volunteer Infantry. Also includes his promotion and discharge papers.
Abstract One hundred and eighteen letters from Charles Thomas Ackley, mostly to his wife in Marble Rock, Iowa. Also included are newspaper clippings, brief biographies of some of the men in the Seventh Iowa Volunteer Infantry, and historical commentary.
Abstract The daughter of a German immigrant who was born and raised on a farm in Lee County, Iowa.
Abstract Civil War soldier. Typescripts of his Civil War correspondence, describing campaigns, battles, and camp life.
Dates: 1862-1887; 1862-1865
Abstract Known as the Vietnam Mail Lady, Neal corresponded with servicemen stationed in Vietnam from 1966 to 1969.
Abstract Civil War soldier and railroad builder. Memoirs, correspondence, clippings, and reports relating to his service with the 4th Iowa Cavalry during the Civil War. Also includes reports and papers about the Battle of Brice's Crossroads.
Abstract Soldier, 13th Regiment of railway engineers, U.S. Army, in W.W.I. Correspondence, picture postcards, and photographs.
Dates: 1917-1932; 1978
Abstract Letters to Malcolm's wife, describing experiences in Georgia and elsewhere with the 7th Regiment of Iowa infantry.
Dates: 1864-1865; 1960
Abstract Civil War soldier from Iowa. Primarily letters written by Lt. George F. Hall of Co. C, 2nd Iowa Infantry Regiment, to his father during the Civil War. They discuss the food and weather, clothing, Copperheads, etc.
Dates: 1861-1864; Majority of material found in 1862-1863
Abstract Diaries of a soldier in Company E, 17th Iowa Infantry, who was captured and imprisoned in Sumter Prison, 1864-65.
Abstract Correspondence to and from the Second Lieutenant.
Dates: 1862-1868; Majority of material found in 1862-1865
Abstract Primarily the correspondence of James Giauque, a Civil War soldier who served in the 30th Iowa Infantry. Letters to his brother relate to army life, the siege of Vicksburg, and Copperheads. Also includes letters from his cousin Florian Giauque who served with the 102nd Ohio Volunteers.
Abstract Teacher of nutrition education and dietetics; U. S. Army Second Lieutenant who served as a medical hospital dietician at Camp Gordon, Georgia during World War II.
Abstract Russell's correspondence to his sister, Mary, of Crawfordsville, Iowa.
Dates: 1861-1902; 1865
Abstract World War II soldier. Correspondence, medals, scrapbook, and photographs primarily related to his service in the 210th Armored Infantry Battalion, 10th Armored (Tiger) Division, U.S. Army.
- Subject: Soldiers X
- University of Iowa Special Collections 34
- Iowa Women's Archives 17
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 2
- State University of Iowa 2
- United States Army. Iowa Cavalry Regiment, 4th (1861-1865), Company A 2
- United States Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 24th (1862-1865), Company E 2
- United States. Army. Women's Army Corps 2
- United States. Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 45th (1864) 2
- United States. Navy 2
- Abraham, Lot 1
- Ackley, Charles Thomas 1
- American National Red Cross 1
- Andersonville Prison 1
- Army Specialized Training Program (U.S.) 1
- Atlantic High School (Atlantic, Iowa) 1
- Birgen family 1
- Birgen, Lorinda "Laura", 1898-1963 1
- Birgen, Martina 1
- Brown, Gerald 1
- Butler, Anson Rood, 1828-1901 1
- Cady, Charles 1
- Calkins, Asa Starkweather 1
- Calkins, Charles McNeil 1
- Calkins, John, Captain, 1785- 1
- Corbin, E. Palmer 1
- Cornell College (Mount Vernon, Iowa) 1
- Corothers family 1
- Corothers, Margaret Strang, 1871-1934 1
- Culver, Joseph Franklin 1
- Culver, Mary, 1842-1920 1
- Dakota Dunes Country Club (Dakota Dunes, S.D.) 1
- Darling, Marcellus Warner 1
- Ehrhardt, Louis 1
- Emmons, W.B. 1
- Eversmeyer family 1
- Eversmeyer, B. E. 1
- Eversmeyer, Cora, 1876-1952 1
- Farley, Angelina Calkins 1
- Fedderson, R. T. 1
- Fleming, Everett A. 1
- Fleming, Minerva Etheline Ford 1
- Fleming, Vesie 1
- Fluent, George 1
- Gaines, Blanca Vasquez, 1918- 1
- Giaugue, Alfred 1
- Giauque Family 1
- Goodue, William F. 1
- Hall, George F. 1
- Hall, Israel 1
- Hyde, Jackson L. 1
- Jones, Joe Allen 1
- Jones, Virginia Shrauger, 1921- 1
- Kappa Delta Alumni Association (Iowa State College) 1
- Lais, Leonore Evans 1
- Lichty, Marion Cox, 1915- 1
- Liers, Louise, 1887-1983 1
- Macias family 1
- Macias, David, 1885- 1
- Macias, Manuel, 1890-1954 1
- Macias, Pete 1
- Macias, Rudolph Robert, 1920-2001 1
- Malcolm, Frank 1
- Malcolm, Lida 1
- Mann Family 1
- McClain, Byron 1
- McDermott, Francis 1
- McDowall family 1
- Mead Family 1
- Mericle, Imanuel. 1
- Mericle, Martin 1
- Messenger, Thomas W. 1
- Miles, Mary E. Russell 1
- Miller, James 1
- Mitchell, Frances L. 1
- Mitchell, Paul 1
- Neal, Edith, 1916-2007 1
- Ohlson, Margaret 1
- Olvera, Albert 1
- Olvera, Augustine 1
- Olvera, Mary Vásquez, 1927- 2016 1
- Ormond, Kathy, 1945- 1
- Paisley Family 1
- Paisley, Chloe Lippitt, 1839-1925 1
- Paisley, John, 1831-1909 1
- Paisley, Mabel 1
- Palmer family 1
- Palmer, David James 1
- Palmer, Harriet Calkins Catlett 1
- Palmer, John E. IV 1
- Palmer, John Edgerton, IV 1
- Palmer, John Edgerton, V 1
- Palmer, Joseph Ward 1
- Palmer, Thomas Sharp 1
- Palmer, William 1
- Pendleton, Roberta 1
- Peters, W. H. (Walter Harvest), 1885-1949 1
- Pratt, John W. 1
- Red Cross Supplemental Recreational Activities Overseas Program 1
- Reger-Wilkinson, Mary Frances, 1909-2006 1
- Rigby, William Titus 1
- Russell, Henry Clay 1
- Russell, Henry Clay, d. 1902 1 ∧ less