Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 183
Abstract Actress, homemaker, and 1928 graduate of the State University of Iowa in Iowa City.
Abstract Iowa City resident who worked to preserve and restore Iowa City landmarks including the Old Capitol building.
Abstract U.S. Representative from Iowa and businessman. Speeches on various topics.
Abstract Farm woman who served as secretary of Monona Co. Rural Electrification Association for more than 20 years.
Abstract Materials relate to the efforts of Voigts to obtain the release of her sister, Kathryn Koob, who was held hostage in Iran between 1979 and 1981.
Abstract Republican National Committeewoman in the 1950s and 1960s from Red Oak, Iowa.
Abstract Writer and volunteer who earned a doctorate in English from the University of Iowa while living with spinocerebellar degeneration.
Abstract Editor of the Sioux City Journal. Primarily correspondence, with speeches, clippings, and a scrapbook on Abraham Lincoln.
Dates: 1913-1949; 1919-1930
Abstract U.S. Representative from Iowa. Correspondence, subject files, legislative records, and speeches relating to his career in the Congress.
Abstract Iowa legislator from 1976 to 1990.
Abstract Two-term Iowa state senator. Hannon chaired the Human Resources Committee and was instrumental in founding the Iowa Women's Foundation in Iowa City.
Abstract Family farmer, volunteer, and community activist who served on U.S. National Commission for UNESCO and the International Women's Year Commission.
Abstract Chair of Iowa's Democratic Party from 1987 to 1991 and first woman to serve as Iowa's Attorney General from 1990 until 1994.
Collection — Folder: 1
Abstract Speech delivered at the 9th District Convention of the Iowa Federation of Women's Clubs.
Arrangement One folder, shelved in SCVF.
Arrangement One folder, shelved in SCVF.
Abstract Businessman. Correspondence, speeches, advertising, etc. relating to the Armand Company (a cosmetics manufacturing firm in Des Moines, IA).
Abstract Civic activist involved in the Jewish community, the Des Moines symphony, the League of Women Voters, and the Proteus Club.
Abstract Government official and Progressive Party officer. Correspondence, subject files, speeches, clippings, tape recordings, photographs, and scrapbooks.
Abstract Member of the Iowa House of Representatives,1967 to 1969, and the Iowa Senate, 1969 to 1973.
Abstract Judge and lawyer. Papers relating primarily to his career on the bench. Correspondence and subject files, together with biographical material, speeches, and articles make up the collection. Includes jury instructions and a well documented lawsuit involving Union Carbide and Carbon Corp.
- Subject: Speeches X
- Iowa Women's Archives 100
- University of Iowa Special Collections 69
- University of Iowa Archives 14
- Republican Party (Iowa) 19
- University of Iowa 17
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 15
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 12
- State University of Iowa 9
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 8
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 6
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 5
- Republican National Committee (U.S.) 5
- American Association of University Women 4
- League of Women Voters of Iowa 4
- American Legion 3
- Grinnell College 3
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 3
- Iowa State University 3
- Progressive Party (U.S. : 1948) 3
- University of Iowa. College of Law 3
- American Association for the United Nations 2
- American Bar Association 2
- Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women 2
- Bowen, Howard Rothmann, 1908- 2
- Des Moines Art Center 2
- Drake University 2
- Ford, Gerald R., 1913-2006 2
- Grefe, Mary 2
- Hancher, Virgil Melvin, 1896-1965 2
- Iowa City Public Library (Iowa City, Iowa) 2
- Iowa Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO 2
- Iowa School Masters' Walt Whitman Club 2
- Iowa State Board of Regents 2
- Iowa Women's Hall of Fame 2
- Iowa. Supreme Court 2
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 2
- Methodist Episcopal Church 2
- National Farmers' Union (U.S.) 2
- National Women's Conference (1st : 1977 : Houston, Tex.) 2
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 2
- Parents & Friends of Lesbians and Gays 2
- Ray, Robert D., 1928- 2
- Republican National Convention 2
- Republican National Convention (31st : 1976 : Kansas City, Mo.) 2
- Republican Party (Iowa). Central Committee 2
- Rockefeller, Nelson A. (Nelson Aldrich), 1908-1979 2
- Smith, Mary Louise 2
- United Nations 2
- United Nations Association of the United States of America 2
- United Nations Association of the United States of America. Iowa Division 2
- United States Commission on Civil Rights 2
- United States. Congress 2
- United States. Department of Agriculture 2
- United States. District Court (Iowa) : Southern District 2
- University of Iowa. Hospitals and Clinics 2
- University of Iowa. Libraries. Iowa Women's Archives 2
- University of Iowa. School of Religion 2
- World Conference on Women 2
- AIDS Coalition of Johnson County (Iowa) 1
- Algona High School (Algona, Iowa) 1
- Allen, Arthur Francis 1
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority 1
- Amana Society 1
- American Association for Health, Physical Education, and Recreation 1
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education 1
- American Association of University Professors 1
- American Bankers Association 1
- American Bar Foundation 1
- American Educational Research Association 1
- American Farm Foundation 1
- American Federation of Arts 1
- American Federation of Grain Millers 1
- American Federation of Grain Producers 1
- American Federation of Labor 1
- American Lutheran Church 1
- American Medical Association 1
- American National Red Cross 1
- American Patients Association 1
- American Psychological Association 1
- American Theological Society 1
- Amherst College 1
- Anderson, Ruth Bluford, 1921-2013 1
- Archdiocesan Council of Catholic Women's (Dubuque, Iowa) 1
- Armand Company 1
- Associated Country Women of the World 1
- Associated Country Women of the World. Conference 1
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America 1
- Association of Trial Lawyers of Iowa 1
- Athletic and Recreation Federation of College Women 1
- Atlantic Council of the United States 1
- B'nai Jeshurun Temple (Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- Baker, Carl 1
- Baldwin, Calvin Benham 1
- Barcelo family 1
- Barceló, Nancy V., 1946- 1
- Beran family 1
- Beran, Janice A. 1
- Bethel College (North Newton, Kan.) 1
- Biklen, Wayne 1
- Biklen, Wayne M. 1
- Bissell, Bess G., 1908-1970 1
- Blunden, Edmund 1
- Blunden, Edmund, 1896-1974 1 ∧ less