Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 65
Abstract Correspondence reflecting pioneer life in Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, and Montana.
Abstract Civil War soldier. Correspondence from Davis (an officer in Co.I, 15th Regiment, Indiana Volunteers) to his wife and daughters. Letters include information on troop morale, slavery, camp life, battles, Copperheads, etc.
Dates: 1879-1891; 1861-1863
Collection — Folder: 1
Abstract Queen City, Iowa, resident who wrote to her husband while he was serving in the Civil War.
Abstract Civil War soldier and mayor of DeWitt, Iowa. Letters written to his wife while he was serving with the 26th Iowa Volunteer Infantry in the Civil War.
Dates: 1861-1900; Majority of material found within 1861-1864
Abstract Dr. Asa Bean was a physician with 114th Ohio Volunteers during the Civil War. Primarily correspondence between members of the Bean family.
Dates: 1833-1962; 1862-1863
Abstract Letters, documents, and a booklet on Major Hugh G. Brown.
Dates: 1822-1944; 1860s
Abstract The family lived in New York state until 1910 when they moved to Iowa.Â The diaries are from several generations.
Abstract Author and military historian. Primarily manuscripts including various drafts, galleys, and proofs for eleven of his books. Also contains draftof book reviews, short stories, and articles along with some subject files.
Abstract Letters to McClain's family in Wilton Junction, Iowa, telling of experiences in Tennessee with the 2nd Regiment of Iowa Cavalry.
Abstract Diary of an unknown soldier in Company C, 4th Infantry C.V., who was assigned to a detail guarding a wagon train carrying species to the East.
Abstract Illinois student who moved to Mt. Pleasant, Iowa.
Abstract Civil War soldier from Danville, Iowa. Consists of letters written to his parents and family describing life in the 15th Iowa Volunteer Infantry. Also includes his promotion and discharge papers.
Abstract One hundred and eighteen letters from Charles Thomas Ackley, mostly to his wife in Marble Rock, Iowa. Also included are newspaper clippings, brief biographies of some of the men in the Seventh Iowa Volunteer Infantry, and historical commentary.
Abstract Documents having to do with the Civil War.
Abstract A collection of bills, acts, reports and other documents printed by the Confederate States of America government.
Dates: 1861 - 1865
Abstract Civil War soldier. Typescripts of his Civil War correspondence, describing campaigns, battles, and camp life.
Dates: 1862-1887; 1862-1865
Abstract Methodist Episcopal deaconess who later worked with the Mahaska County Historical Society to found the Nelson Pioneer Farm in Oskaloosa, Iowa.
Abstract Civil War soldier and railroad builder. Memoirs, correspondence, clippings, and reports relating to his service with the 4th Iowa Cavalry during the Civil War. Also includes reports and papers about the Battle of Brice's Crossroads.
Abstract Correspondence of 19th century Iowa woman includes letters from brother in medical school and Civil War and from sister who raised a family and maintained a farm.
- Subject: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 X
- University of Iowa Special Collections 52
- Iowa Women's Archives 13
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 3
- Cornell College (Mount Vernon, Iowa) 2
- United States Army. Iowa Cavalry Regiment, 4th (1861-1865), Company A 2
- United States Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 24th (1862-1865), Company E 2
- United States. Army. Iowa Cavalry Regiment, 2nd (1861-1865) 2
- United States. Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 45th (1864) 2
- Abraham, Lot 1
- Ackley, Charles Thomas 1
- Albertson family 1
- Allspaugh, Harrison 1
- Andersonville Prison 1
- Army Specialized Training Program (U.S.) 1
- Bean Family 1
- Beaty, Miles 1
- Brown Gibson Family 1
- Brown, Hugh G., 1835-1901 1
- Brown, Mary Gibson, 1798-1877 1
- Buell family 1
- Buell, Levina Willis 1
- Burchard family 1
- Burchard, Celestia 1
- Butler, Anson Rood, 1828-1901 1
- Cady, Charles 1
- Calkins, Asa Starkweather 1
- Calkins, Charles McNeil 1
- Calkins, John, Captain, 1785- 1
- Camp Alexander Hays (Kan.) 1
- Central Methodist Episcopal Church (Oskaloosa, Iowa) 1
- Clark family 1
- Clark, Dorothy, 1900-1986 1
- Clark, Harold 1
- Clark, Leola 1
- Clark, Stillman 1
- Confederate States of America 1
- Corbin, E. Palmer 1
- Corothers family 1
- Corothers, Margaret Strang, 1871-1934 1
- Culver, Joseph Franklin 1
- Culver, Mary, 1842-1920 1
- Darling, Marcellus Warner 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution 1
- Davis, Andrew F. 1
- Denison, Ella Strong 1
- Des Moines University 1
- Des Mond, Lucy 1
- Eisenschiml, Otto 1
- Eisenschiml, Otto, 1880-1963 1
- Ellsworth Community College (Iowa Falls, Iowa) 1
- Ellsworth family 1
- Ellsworth, Eugene 1
- Emmons, W.B. 1
- Farley, Angelina Calkins 1
- Farwell, Byron 1
- Fatherson, Editha Phillips 1
- Fedderson, R. T. 1
- First Baptist Church (Fort Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- Fluent, George 1
- Frederick, John T. (John Towner), 1893-1975 1
- Giaugue, Alfred 1
- Giauque Family 1
- Goodue, William F. 1
- Hall, George F. 1
- Hall, Israel 1
- Hill, Catherine Snedeker 1
- Hill, William, 1834-1896 1
- Iowa Cavalry 1st Regiment 1
- Iowa Falls High School (Iowa Falls, Iowa) 1
- Jamison, Esther, 1901-2001 1
- Kansas City National Training School for Deaconesses and Missionaries 1
- Keck family 1
- Keyes family 1
- Keyes, Catharine 1
- Keyes, Charles R. (Charles Reuben), 1871-1951 1
- Keyes, Margaret N., 1918-2015 1
- Keyes, Margaret Purves 1
- Keyes, Marsden 1
- Keyes, Martha Whittington 1
- Lake Mills High School (Lake Mills, Iowa) 1
- Larimer, Ann 1
- Larimer, John 1
- Loyal Union League (Henry County, Iowa) 1
- Luick, Rosebelle Pierce, 1836-1914 1
- Luick, William Christian 1
- Mahaska County Historical Society 1
- Malcolm, Frank 1
- Malcolm, Lida 1
- Mann Family 1
- McClain, Byron 1
- McDowall family 1
- McHenry, Mary Sears, 1834-1912 1
- Mead Family 1
- Mericle, Imanuel. 1
- Mericle, Martin 1
- Methodist Episcopal Church 1
- Meyer, Nicholas 1
- Miles, Mary E. Russell 1
- Miller family 1
- Miller, Albert, 1843-1938 1
- Miller, Ellen Mowrer, 1848-1922 1
- Miller, James 1 ∧ less