Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 111
Abstract Interviews with Iowa women legislators conducted by Suzanne O'Dea Schenken.
Abstract High school English teacher who was active in state and national Democratic Party politics during the 1950s and 1960s.
Dates: 1899-1994; 1920-1968
Abstract Materials relate to the efforts of Voigts to obtain the release of her sister, Kathryn Koob, who was held hostage in Iran between 1979 and 1981.
Abstract Republican National Committeewoman in the 1950s and 1960s from Red Oak, Iowa.
Abstract Iowa legislator from 1976 to 1990.
Abstract Teacher, social worker, human rights commission director, and university regent from Waterloo.
Collection — Folder: 1
Abstract Waterloo, Iowa resident who served on Governor Ray's Commission on the Status of Women.
Arrangement One folder, shelved in SCVF.
Arrangement One folder, shelved in SCVF.
Abstract Two-term Iowa state senator. Hannon chaired the Human Resources Committee and was instrumental in founding the Iowa Women's Foundation in Iowa City.
Abstract Family farmer, volunteer, and community activist who served on U.S. National Commission for UNESCO and the International Women's Year Commission.
Abstract The group formed in 1956 to help elect Democratic candidates.
Abstract Organized in 1973, members supported a number of feminist initiatives including economic equalty and the ERA.
Dates: 1973-1980; 1973-1980
Abstract Chair of Iowa's Democratic Party from 1987 to 1991 and first woman to serve as Iowa's Attorney General from 1990 until 1994.
Abstract Organization formed to work for passage of Iowa state ERA.
Abstract Civic activist involved in the Jewish community, the Des Moines symphony, the League of Women Voters, and the Proteus Club.
Abstract Civil rights worker in Davenport.
Abstract Member of the Iowa House of Representatives,1967 to 1969, and the Iowa Senate, 1969 to 1973.
Abstract Ecumenical organization.
Abstract Local branch of the Iowa Women's Political Caucus.
Abstract Journalist and 1996 congressional candidate.
Abstract Organization created to recruit, educate, and elect Democratic women to public office in Iowa.
- Subject: Women lawyers X
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 17
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 17
- Republican Party (Iowa) 17
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 12
- League of Women Voters of Iowa 7
- University of Iowa 6
- Iowa Women's Political Caucus 5
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 4
- O'Dea, Suzanne, 1950- 4
- Republican National Committee (U.S.) 4
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 4
- State University of Iowa 4
- Grinnell College 3
- Iowa. General Assembly 3
- National Organization for Women. Iowa 3
- National Women's Political Caucus (U.S.) 3
- Ray, Robert D., 1928- 3
- Smith, Mary Louise 3
- American Association for the United Nations 2
- American Association of University Women 2
- Anderson, Margaret, 1928- 2
- Branstad, Terry E. 2
- Chapman, Kathleen Halloran, 1937- 2
- Clark, Betty Jean, 1920-2005 2
- Cohen, Gertrude, 1913- 2
- Conklin, Charlene, 1929- 2
- Conlin, Roxanne Barton, 1944- 2
- Des Moines Art Center 2
- Doderer, Minnette, 1923-2005 2
- Drake University 2
- Governor Ray's Commission on the Status Of Women (Iowa) 2
- Hammond, Johnie, 1932- 2
- Hannon, Beverly A., 1932- 2
- Harper, Patricia, 1932- 2
- Iowa ERA Coalition 2
- Iowa Women's Hall of Fame 2
- Larsen, Sonja, 1941- 2
- League of Women Voters (Des Moines, Iowa) 2
- Lipsky, Joan, 1919-2015 2
- Lloyd-Jones, Jean, 1929- 2
- Miller, Elizabeth R. (Elizabeth Ruby), 1905-1988 2
- National Federation of Republican Women 2
- National Organization for Women 2
- National Organization for Women. Dubuque Chapter 2
- National Organization for Women. Johnson County-Iowa City Chapter 2
- National Women's Conference (1st : 1977 : Houston, Tex.) 2
- Neuhauser, Mary C., 1934- 2
- Noun, Louise R. 2
- Older Women's League (U.S.) 2
- Orr, Joann, 1923-2017 2
- Republican National Convention 2
- Shivvers, Vera, 1897-1990 2
- Torrence-Laughlin, Janis, 1926-2014 2
- University of Iowa. Libraries. Iowa Women's Archives 2
- Zastrow, Katherine Mull Falvey, 1904-1997 2
- Adams, Janet, 1937- 1
- Algona High School (Algona, Iowa) 1
- American Patients Association 1
- Anderson, Helen 1
- Anderson, Ruth Bluford, 1921-2013 1
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America 1
- Association of Trial Lawyers of Iowa 1
- Attlee, C. R. (Clement Richard), 1883-1967 1
- Attlee, Felicity 1
- Attlee, Martin 1
- Attlee, Violet 1
- Baxter, Elaine, 1933- 1
- Beatty, Linda, 1942- 1
- Benedict Home (Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- Black Hawk County Democratic Women's Organization (Iowa) 1
- Black Hawk County Women's Political Caucus (Iowa) 1
- Bloom, Amy 1
- Bock, Lena Belle, 1904-2007 1
- Boyd, Nancy Shimanek, 1947- 1
- Brain family 1
- Brandt, Diane, 1938- 1
- Bridenstine, Jeanne, 1923- 1
- Brigance, Linda 1
- Brown, Paula Watts, 1909-1974 1
- Brown, Ralph 1
- Bucksbaum, Carolyn 1
- Buhr, Florence, 1933- 1
- Burleson, Jane, 1928- 1
- Bush, George, 1924- 1
- Campaign to Add Women to the Iowa Constitution 1
- Campbell, Bonnie J., 1948- 1
- Carl, Janet, 1948- 1
- Carpenter, Dorothy, 1933- 1
- Catholic Interracial Council (Davenport, Iowa) 1
- Center for the American Woman and Politics (Eagleton Institute of Politics) 1
- Chicago Housing Authority 1
- Christian Children's Fund 1
- Chrysalis Foundation 1
- Church Women United in Iowa 1
- Clinton County Women's Political Caucus (Iowa) 1
- Cochrane, William, 1867-1941 1
- Collins, Susan 1
- Collison, Margaret Davis, 1921-2014 1
- Conflict and Civility in Political Discourse Symposium (2011 : University of Iowa) 1
- Cooper, Cecile, 1900-1997 1 ∧ less