Harrison County Farm Bureau (Iowa). Women's Committee
The Harrison County Farm Bureau developed as part of the statewide, grass roots effort to provide agricultural and homemaking science to Iowa farmers in the second decade of the twentieth century. Although originally connected to the Iowa State University through the state cooperative extension, the Farm Bureau separated from the extension service in 1955 and became the largest political and corporate organization representing farmer-interests in Iowa. In 1922, women's programming was separated from men's with women retaining one voting representative on the state board of directors. Since that time, women in the Farm Bureau have maintained their own local, county, district, and state committees within the Farm Bureau. In the last two decades women have also participated in significant numbers in the traditionally men's groups at the local, county and state level.