Browning Literary Club (Atlantic, Iowa)
The Browning Literary Club of Atlantic was begun in 1899 as the Tennyson Club by a group of local teachers. Within the first year they changed their name to Browning Literary Club. They met to study literature and current topics and were instrumental in encouraging support for a town library. The address by Mrs. C. G. Walner was delivered between 1901 and 1906 at Council Bluffs at the 9th District Convention of the Iowa Federation of Women's Clubs.