Center for New Performing Arts
- Existence: 1905-1990
"The Center for New Performing Arts grew out of the University of Iowa Center for New Music in 1970. The new program, directed first by William Hibbard and then by Martha Letterman, was established to stimulate interactive and creative experimentation in multiple fine arts disciplines, art, dance, film, laser art, music, and theater. The program sponsored visiting artists at the University of Iowa and had both local and touring productions. It published an untitled annual in 1972 and 1973 and is cataloged as Exhibition (see Related Materials).
Found in 1 Collection or Record: