Edwin Thomas Meredith Papers
Please navigate to collection organization to place requests.
Scope and Contents
The Edwin T. Meredith Papers consist of approximately twenty-five linear feet and date from 1898 to 1949. The collection is arranged in six different series: Correspondence (27 boxes); Subject files (3 boxes); Idaho Farm Development Company (10 boxes); Speeches, articles, statements and addresses by E.T. Meredith (2 boxes); Photographs (1 box); and Scrapbooks (7 boxes). Each series is arranged alphabetically and chronologically, with the exception of the Idaho series which begins with correspondence and is followed by business papers and vouchers. This collection is available on Microfilm through the Media Services department. (Film 29248)
4 scrapbooks s5:20:4 4 scarpbooks s5:20:5 Box 50 s5:20:5
- Creation: 1898-1949
- Meredith, Edwin T. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research. This collection is stored at an offsite location. When requesting materials, please allow two business days for items to arrive at the Special Collections reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright restrictions may apply; please consult Special Collections staff for further information.
25.00 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Attorney and Iowa state legislator. Subject files and correspondence concerning his business, family and political career. The bulk of the papers consist of correspondence dealing with business conditions during the 1920s and W.W.II, politics, family life.
Method of Acquisition
This gathering of papers was given to the University of Iowa Libraries by Mr. Meredith's son, Edwin T. Meredith, Jr., in 1965. A microfilm edition of these records is available for loan or purchase.
- Democratic Party (U.S.) (Organization)
- Idaho Farm Development Company (Organization)
- United States. Chamber of Commerce (Organization)
- United States. Department of Agriculture (Organization)
- Associated Advertising Clubs of the World (Organization)
- National Committee on Boy's and Girl's Club Work (Organization)
- Agricultural Publishers Association (Organization)
- Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago (Organization)
- Small green book "Plays by Tolstoy Macaulay's Life of Johnson Wuthering Heights, Modern library publishing Samuel Pepys' Diary, Modern Library publishing United Editors Encyclopedia, Ruta Secretaries 33
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note