Henry C. Wallace Papers
Please navigate to collection organization to place requests.
Scope and Contents
The papers of Henry C. Wallace measure 2.25 linear feet and date from 1904 to 1930. Arranged chronologically within an alphabetical sequence these papers reflect his personal life and career. Subject files range from a diary and articles by Wallace to agriculture issues and Wallace's Farmer. There are nearly three boxes of correspondence which include letters from: John M. Evvard, Herbert Hoover, Donald R. Murphy, Gifford Pinchot, and William Howard Taft.
- Creation: 1904-1930
- Wallace, Henry Cantwell, 1866-1924 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright restrictions may apply; please consult Special Collections staff for further information.
2.25 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Second editor of Wallaces' Farmer; appointed U.S. Secretary of Agriculture by Warren Harding (1921-1924). Member of exec. committee of the Roosevelt Memorial Association and of the International Committee of Young Men's Christian Association. Arranged in broad subject categories. The correspondence arranged in chronological order.
Method of Acquisition
These papers were donated to the University of Iowa Libraries in 1959, by Henry A. Wallace. A microfilm edition of these records is available for loan or purchase.
- United States. Department of Agriculture (Organization)
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations (Organization)
- Young Men's Christian Associations of North America. International Committee (Organization)
- Roosevelt Memorial Association (Organization)
- United States. Food Administration (Organization)
- Agricultural laws and legislation
- American literature
- English literature
- Food supply
- Publishers and publishing
- World War, 1914-1918
- Writers Archive at Iowa
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note