Muscatine Garden Club records
Scope and Contents
The records date from 1930 to 1996 and measure 3 linear inches. The collection consists primarily of the club's yearbooks. Each yearbook lists the club's Executive Board members; the year's calendar of events and monthly programs; a membership roster; committees and their memberships; club projects; and the club's constitution and bylaws. The collection also includes two booklets. The first, entitled "Sharing Iowa's Beauty," describes a flower show presented by the Federated Garden Clubs of Iowa at the Memorial Union of Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa, September 15 through 16, 1971. The second is an undated booklet entitled "Plants, Trees, Shrubs and Vines in the Wild Flower Preserve at Weed Park" and refers to the foliage planted and maintained by the club.
- Muscatine Garden Club (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The records are open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright held by the donor has been transferred to the University of Iowa.
However, copyright status for some collection materials may be unknown. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owner. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owners. Responsibility and potential liability based on copyright infringement for any use rests exclusively and solely with the user. Users must properly acknowledge the Iowa Women’s Archives, The University of Iowa Libraries, as the source of the material. For further information, visit https://www.lib.uiowa.edu/sc/services/rights/
Biographical / Historical
The Muscatine Garden Club was founded in 1929 to stimulate the knowledge and love of gardening in all its phases, to aid in the protection of native trees, plants, wild flowers and birds, and to encourage civic beauty. The club became a member of the Iowa Federation of Garden Clubs in 1932.
3.00 linear inches
Language of Materials
Founded in 1929 to promote the knowledge and love of gardening.
Method of Acquisition
The records (donor no. 382) were donated by Aldeen Davis in 1996.
- George Mullally, 1997
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note