Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 22
Iowa City chapter.
Muscatine organization of area artists who opened a shop and organized an annual craft fair, classes, and craft demonstrations.
Organization formed to work for passage of Iowa state ERA.
Feminist health clinic.
Administration Boxes 1-30 and 66
EGC projects Boxes 30-48 and 67
Anti-abortion movement Boxes 48-50 and 67
Pro-choice movement Boxes 50-53 and 67
Publications, EGC Boxes 53-54
Publications, non-EGC Boxes 54-56 and 67-68
Newspaper clippings Boxes 56-57 and 68
Photographs Boxes 36, 59-50, and 58-60
Scrapbook Box 61
Artifacts Boxes 38, 62-63, and 69
Audiovisual [audiocassette and videocassette collections]
Iowa City publisher and printer of lesbian and feminist books that existed from 1973 to 1985.
Grassroots organization opposed to Iowa's ratification of the ERA to the Iowa and United States constitutions.
Organization to promote the advancement of women in politics.
Iowa City political activist.
Democratic representative and senator in the Iowa legislature.
Multi-client lobbyist, co-publisher of "Money and Politics Iowa," and an advocate for women's rights.
Life partners Kittredge Cherry (1957-), an author, journalist, and minister to the LGBT community, and Audrey Lockwood (1957- ), a financial planner, met as students at the University of Iowa in 1975 and lived and worked in Japan before settling in California.
Served for over twenty years in the Iowa judiciary and was the first woman to be appointed to the Iowa Supreme Court.
Bettendorf Republican who served on the Scott County Board of Supervisors and the Iowa State Senate.
First woman to chair the Republican National Committee, serving from 1974 to 1977. Co-founder of the Louise Noun-Mary Louise Smith Iowa Women's Archives.
Professional basketball player from Moravia, Iowa who played for Iowa Cornets from 1978 to 1981 and for San Francisco and Columbus Ohio teams until 1984.
Feminist, social worker, and advocate for persons with HIV/AIDS.
State vice chair of the Republican Party in Iowa from 1967 to 1973.
Sexual abuse response and advocacy center established in in Iowa City in 1973 to serve located the University of Iowa community and surrounding counties.