Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Grassroots campaign initiated in Des Moines, Iowa, in 1991 to promote the passage of the Equal Rights Amendment to the Iowa constitution in the 1992 election.
The records include publications, legislative correspondence and the Write Women Back into History essays of middle and high school students in Iowa.
Established by the Iowa Commission on the Status of Women in 1975 to recognize the contributions of Iowa women.
Organization to promote the advancement of women in politics.
Records of the Shady Ladies, a Colorado based historical performance organization founded by Hemm.
Organized in Iowa City to promote the passage of the Equal Rights Amendment to the constitution of the state of Iowa.
"New Strategies, Old Obstacles in the Fight for Equality: An Analysis of the 1992 Iowa ERA Referendum Campaign," is shelved in the Iowa Women's Archives printed works collection (fHQ.1236.5.U6 F45 1993).
The group was formed in 1973. The purpose of the group was to improve and expand the role of women in society and it supported the Equal Rights Amendment, safe and legal abortion among other issues.
Feminist activist organization records.
- 1981-1990 7
- Administrative records 7
- Women -- Political activity 6
- Women lawyers 6
- 1971-1980 5
- Iowa 5
- Photographs 5
- Equal rights amendments 4
- Political participation 4
- Women 4
- Cultural artifacts 3
- Equality before the law 3
- Feminism 3
- Iowa City (Iowa) 2
- Johnson County (Iowa) 2
- Sex discrimination against women 2
- Sound recordings 2
- Video recordings 2
- 2001-2010 1
- Abortion 1
- Advertising executives 1
- Affirmative action programs 1
- African American women -- Iowa 1
- Awards 1
- Boulder (Colo.) 1
- Caucus 1
- Civil rights demonstrations 1
- Community education 1
- Des Moines (Iowa) 1
- Discrimination in employment 1
- Dubuque (Iowa) 1
- Feminists 1
- Personal papers 1
- Photograph albums 1
- Political campaigns 1
- Politicians 1
- Poor women 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Sexual harassment 1
- Women in public life 1
- Women in the performing arts 1
- Working class women 1 ∧ less
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 2
- ERA Iowa 1992 1
- Eaton, Linda 1
- Goldsmith, Judith 1
- Hemm, Joan, 1957- 1
- Iowa Women's Caucus Research and Education Center 1
- Iowa Women's Hall of Fame 1
- Iowa Women's Political Caucus 1
- Johnson County ERA Coalition (Johnson County, Iowa) 1
- Mondale, Walter F., 1928- 1
- National Organization for Women 1
- National Organization for Women. Dubuque Chapter 1
- National Organization for Women. Iowa 1
- National Organization for Women. Johnson County-Iowa City Chapter 1
- National Women's Political Caucus (U.S.) 1
- Shady Ladies of the Central City Motherlode (Organization) 1
- Womens International League for Peace and Freedom 1
- Write Women Back Into History Essay Contest 1 ∧ less