Showing Collections: 1 - 18 of 18
Abstract American motion picture and television script writer and producer. Program scripts, department materials, memos, clippings, notes, correspondence, production budgets, and miscellaneous photographs.
Dates: 1948-1961; Majority of material found in 1951-1955
Abstract American motion picture producer, director and writer. Ten script items ranging from shooting schedules to screenplays.
Abstract Motion picture and television script writer. Slides, watercolor paintings, scripts, screenplays, short stories and novels by Ross; photographs, three recordings.
Dates: 1942-1965; Majority of material found in 1950-1965
Abstract Television writer, producer. Consists of two series, scripts and video cassettes.
Abstract American television and motion picture screenwriter and novelist. Father of actor Ryan O'Neal. Screenplays, teleplays, typescripts, correspondence.
Dates: 1938-1982; Majority of material found in 1950-1970
Abstract Born in Ontario 1943, awarded a PhD in American literature by Pennsylvania State University in 1970, taught at Iowa from 1970 to 1986, retired to write. Perhaps best known for Rambo, the central character of his 1972 novel First Blood, which lead to the Rambo films starring Sylvester Stallone, Morrell has written numerous novels as well as screen- and teleplays. The growing collection of his papers includes video and audio tapes as well as research notes, correspondence, and manuscripts.
Abstract Television and motion picture writer, director and producer. Television and motion picture scripts, screenplays, publicity, reviews, notes and memos, set designs, and costume sketches.
Abstract Writer, State Director Historical Records Survey. Collection includes drafts of poems and stories but consists largely of scripts for Navy and Coast Guard training films dating from the mid-1930s to the mid-1950s.
Abstract Typed editorial comments gathered for years from prominent TV stations from throughout Iowa.
Abstract Legal papers, diplomas, certificates of appointments, scrapbook, 2 issues of Keosauqua, Iowa, newspapers (1852-58), and other papers.
Dates: 1828-1895; Majority of material found within 1850-1870
Abstract Research material compiled by Meade while writing the biography Buster Keaton Cut to the Case.
Abstract Author, filmmaker, and comic strip writer. The papers document his film and literary career. His novels, comics (including Dick Tracy and Ms. Tree), and screenplays are represented in various forms of completion, with typescript drafts, artwork, correspondence, research, galley proofs, and promotional material.
Abstract British born American television producer and director. Correspondence, clippings, photographs, notebooks, binders.
Dates: 1940-1993; Majority of material found in 1960-1970
Abstract Iowa author best remembered for State Fair (film scripts dated 1945, 1961 and 1962 are here), Stong also wrote several books for children, including The Adventures of "Horse" Barnsby and Hirum the Hillbilly. Both of these, and others, are represented in this collection.
Abstract American screenwriter, producer and actor. Personal papers contains an actors file, clippings and correspondences.
Abstract Motion picture and television script-writer and producer. Film treatments and screenplays written by Blees and other screenwriters, miscellaneous, memos and articles, film stills, photostats, phonographic recordings from soundtracks.
Abstract Scripts for the television program, Early Edition, and drafts of a yet to be produced screenplay.
Abstract American film producing and distributing corporation. Materials include motion picture screenplays (both American and foreign) and television scripts. The screenplays range from various dra s to dialogue and cutting continuity scripts. Correspondence and general business agreements.
- American literature 16
- English literature 16
- Writers Archive at Iowa 16
- Dramatists 14
- Screenplays 13
- Motion pictures 10
- Television programs 9
- Screenwriters 8
- Television writers 7
- 20th century 6
- American drama 6
- Photographs 5
- Articles 4
- Clippings (information artifacts) 4
- Correspondence 4
- Motion picture actors and actresses 4
- Drafts (documents) 3
- Iowa 3
- Sound recordings 3
- Audiotapes 2
- Authors, American 2
- Biographies 2
- Detective and mystery television programs 2
- Dr. Kildare (Television program : 1961-1966) 2
- Peter Gunn (Television program) 2
- Peyton Place (Television program) 2
- Playgirl (Motion picture : 1954) 2
- Television comedies 2
- Video recordings 2
- Alcoa theatre (Television program) 1
- Alfred Hitchcock Hour 1
- Alfred Hitchcock presents (Television program : 1955-1962) 1
- All I desire (Motion picture) 1
- All this and heaven too (Motion picture) 1
- Amazing Mr. Williams (Motion picture) 1
- American fiction 1
- American prose literature 1
- And your name is Jonah (Television program) 1
- Ann Sothern show (Television program) 1
- Archives (groupings) 1
- Babe (Television program : 1975) 1
- Bad Man of Brimstone (Motion picture) 1
- Baffled! (Television program) 1
- Bandit of Zhobe (Motion picture) 1
- Battle at Bloody Beach (Motion picture) 1
- Because of you (Motion picture : 1952) 1
- Big clock (Motion picture) 1
- Big river, big man 1
- Bigger than life (Motion picture) 1
- Birthright (Play) 1
- Black scorpion (Motion picture : 1957) 1
- Black spot on the sun (Screenplay) 1
- Bloomington (Neb.) 1
- Border river (Motion picture : 1954) 1
- Bride of vengeance (Motion picture) 1
- Budgets 1
- Bus stop (Television program : 1961-1962) 1
- Camp runamuck (Television program) 1
- Captain Carey, U.S.A. (Motion picture) 1
- Cartoonists 1
- Certificates 1
- Children's books -- Authorship 1
- Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (Motion picture) 1
- City beneath the sea (Motion picture) 1
- Climax (Television program) 1
- Coach (Television program) 1
- Coast guard (Motion picture) 1
- Cockleshell heroes (Motion picture) 1
- Collective labor agreements 1
- Colorado 1
- Combat! (Television program) 1
- Comedians 1
- Comic books, strips, etc. 1
- Conferences 1
- Contracts 1
- Corporation reports 1
- Costume design 1
- Costume designers 1
- Dad's a dog (Television program) 1
- Damon Runyon Theater (Television program) 1
- Dark victory (Motion picture : 1939) 1
- Day they robbed the bank of England (Motion picture) 1
- Dead heat on a merry-go-round (Motion picture) 1
- Dear wife (Motion picture) 1
- Deeds 1
- Delta (Television program) 1
- Desilu Playhouse (Television program) 1
- Detective and mystery stories 1
- Diamonds are forever (Motion picture) 1
- Dick Tracy (Comic strip) 1
- Dr. No (Motion picture) 1
- East of Sumatra (Motion picture) 1
- Editorials 1
- Eleventh hour (Television program) 1 ∧ less
- Arena Productions, Inc. 1
- Blees, Robert 1
- Clark, Sean 1
- Cohen, Albert J. 1
- Collins, Max Allan 1
- Elbert, John Downs 1
- Elbert, S. LeRoy 1
- Elbert, Samuel Hitt, 1833-1899 1
- Faithfull, Starr, 1906-1931 1
- Farran, Don 1
- Felton, Norman 1
- Gould, Chester 1
- Head, Edith 1
- Keaton, Buster, 1895-1966 1
- Kemp, Barry 1
- Maibaum, Richard 1
- Meade, Marion 1
- Morrell, David 1
- O'Neal, Charles 1
- O'Neal, Charles, 1904-1996 1
- Ross, Arthur A. 1
- Roxy Theater (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Spillane, Mickey, 1981- 1
- Stong, Phil 1
- Swift, David 1
- Twentieth Century Fox 1
- Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation 1
- Zugsmith, Albert 1 ∧ less