Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Organization formed to work for passage of Iowa state ERA.
Grassroots campaign initiated in Des Moines, Iowa, in 1991 to promote the passage of the Equal Rights Amendment to the Iowa constitution in the 1992 election.
The Commission addressed issues such as the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA), abortion reform, daycare, equal pay for equal work, and sex discrimination in employment, insurance, and education. At the end of 1970, the GCSW reported two major legislative accomplishments: the passage of no-fault divorce laws and the addition of sex to the Iowa Civil Rights Act of 1965.
Organization to promote passage of an Equal Rights Amendment to the Iowa and United States constitutions.
Grassroots organization opposed to Iowa's ratification of the ERA to the Iowa and United States constitutions.
The organization formed in 1992 to work for passage of the state ERA in Iowa.
Organized in Iowa City to promote the passage of the Equal Rights Amendment to the constitution of the state of Iowa.
"New Strategies, Old Obstacles in the Fight for Equality: An Analysis of the 1992 Iowa ERA Referendum Campaign," is shelved in the Iowa Women's Archives printed works collection (fHQ.1236.5.U6 F45 1993).
Includes ERA campaign material.
The group was formed in 1973. The purpose of the group was to improve and expand the role of women in society and it supported the Equal Rights Amendment, safe and legal abortion among other issues.
Feminist activist organization records.
- 1981-1990 10
- 1971-1980 8
- Women -- Societies and clubs 8
- Iowa 7
- 1991-2000 6
- Political campaigns 6
- Political participation 5
- Cultural artifacts 4
- Sound recordings 4
- Feminism 3
- 20th century 2
- Abortion 2
- Community education 2
- Johnson County (Iowa) 2
- Photographs 2
- Sex discrimination against women 2
- 2001-2010 1
- Affirmative action programs 1
- Ames (Iowa) 1
- Bisexuals 1
- Caucus 1
- Civil rights demonstrations 1
- Des Moines (Iowa) 1
- Discrimination in employment 1
- Dubuque (Iowa) 1
- Equality before the law 1
- Feminists 1
- Gays 1
- Iowa City (Iowa) 1
- Lesbians 1
- Motion pictures 1
- No-fault divorce 1
- Pay equity 1
- Photograph albums 1
- Political candidates 1
- Polk County (Iowa) 1
- Posters 1
- Pro-choice movement 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Sex role 1
- Sexual minorities 1
- Speeches 1
- Transgender people 1
- Video recordings 1
- Women 1 ∧ less
- National Organization for Women. Iowa 2
- National Organization for Women. Johnson County-Iowa City Chapter 2
- Anderson, Margaret, 1928- 1
- Brown, Ralph 1
- Campaign to Add Women to the Iowa Constitution 1
- Dayhoff, Arlene 1
- Durden, Betty 1
- ERA Iowa 1992 1
- Eaton, Linda 1
- Goetsch, Dorothy 1
- Goldsmith, Judith 1
- Governor Ray's Commission on the Status Of Women (Iowa) 1
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 1
- Iowa ERA Coalition 1
- Iowa Women Against the Equal Rights Amendment 1
- Iowa Women's Equality Campaign 1
- Iowa Women's Political Caucus 1
- Johnson County ERA Coalition (Johnson County, Iowa) 1
- League of Women Voters of Iowa 1
- Lewis, Edwin C. 1
- McKee, Alice 1
- Mondale, Walter F., 1928- 1
- National Organization for Women 1
- National Organization for Women. Ames Chapter 1
- National Organization for Women. Dubuque Chapter 1
- National Women's Political Caucus (U.S.) 1
- Polk County Women's Political Caucus (Iowa) 1
- Ray, Robert D., 1928- 1
- Villines, Evelyne 1 ∧ less