Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 20
Iowa City chapter.
Muscatine organization of area artists who opened a shop and organized an annual craft fair, classes, and craft demonstrations.
The guild taught needlework skills and participated in shows.
Records of the local Community Coordinated Child Care.
This collection contains meeting minutes, annual reports, and scrapbooks of club activities.
Iowa City group promoting friendship and understanding among women from around the world and the United States of America.
The records include publications, legislative correspondence and the Write Women Back into History essays of middle and high school students in Iowa.
Established by the Iowa Commission on the Status of Women in 1975 to recognize the contributions of Iowa women.
Organization to promote the advancement of women in politics.
The committee splintered from the extension service in 1955 and became the largest political and corporate organization representing farmer interests in Iowa.
4 folders, shelved in SCVF.
The Iowa Chapter of Chaparral Poets met twice yearly (fall and spring); they studied poetry, conducted a poetry contest and wrote poetry for submission to Midwest Chaparral magazine. The organization was formed in 1942 and disbanded in 2001.
Regional branch of the National Women's Studies Association.
The National League of American Pen Women, Quad Cities Branch was established in 1976 to serve as an outlet for area women writers to communicate. The group organized scholarship competitions for high school student writers.
The group was formed in 1973. The purpose of the group was to improve and expand the role of women in society and it supported the Equal Rights Amendment, safe and legal abortion among other issues.
Feminist activist organization records.
Farm Bureau women's club.
Percival, Iowa club that made quilts to raise money for the community.
Women seeking solutions to problems of sexual harassment, violence, homophobia, and childcare at the University.
This local organization's goal was to, educate, and empower young women in the Greater Des Moines area through counseling and other programs.
- Photographs 11
- 2001-2010 8
- Scrapbooks 7
- Iowa City (Iowa) 6
- Women 6
- Feminism 5
- Iowa 5
- Women -- Political activity 5
- Women lawyers 5
- Women's rights 5
- Clubs 4
- Community organization 4
- Political participation 4
- Cultural artifacts 3
- Equal rights amendments 3
- Equality before the law 3
- Feminists 3
- Video recordings 3
- Affirmative action programs 2
- Awards 2
- Community education 2
- Families 2
- Gardening 2
- Homophobia 2
- Johnson County (Iowa) 2
- Middle West 2
- Parenting 2
- Rural women 2
- Sex discrimination against women 2
- Sexual harassment 2
- Social participation 2
- Sound recordings 2
- Women and literature 2
- Women in agriculture 2
- 1951-1960 1
- 1961-1970 1
- 2011-2020 1
- 20th century 1
- Abortion 1
- African American women -- Iowa 1
- Alternative spaces 1
- Ames (Iowa) 1
- Annual reports 1
- Artists and community 1
- Athletics 1
- Authors 1
- Businesswomen 1
- Campus violence 1
- Caucus 1
- Child care 1
- Child care consultants 1
- Child care services 1
- Civil rights demonstrations 1
- College sports for women 1
- Community arts projects 1
- Contests 1
- Cooking 1
- Counseling 1
- Craft festivals 1
- Crisis intervention (Mental health services) 1
- Dating violence 1
- Des Moines (Iowa) 1
- Discrimination in employment 1
- Dubuque (Iowa) 1
- Embroidery 1
- Farm life 1
- Farmers 1
- Financial records 1
- Flower arrangement, Japanese 1
- Flower gardening 1
- Friendship 1
- Homemakers 1
- Housing 1
- Intellectual life 1
- Mahaska County (Iowa) 1
- Mothers 1
- Municipal government 1
- Muscatine (Iowa) 1
- Needlework 1
- O'Brien County (Iowa) 1
- Parental leave 1
- Percival (Iowa) 1
- Poetry 1
- Poets 1
- Politicians 1
- Poor women 1
- Pregnancy 1
- Professional associations 1
- Quad Cities (Ill. and Iowa) 1
- Quilting 1
- Racism 1
- Referral centers (Information services) 1
- Scholarships 1
- Sewing 1 ∧ less
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 2
- American Business Women's Association. Grant Wood Chapter 1
- Artists In Action (Muscatine, Iowa) 1
- Campbell, Bonnie J., 1948- 1
- Eaton, Linda 1
- Eisinger, Mary 1
- Embroiderers' Guild of America. Plum Grove Chapter (Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- Four Cs of Johnson County 1
- Four Seasons Garden Club (Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- Glanton, Willie 1
- Goldsmith, Judith 1
- Henry, Gloria 1
- Hickok, Kathleen 1
- International Wives Club (Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- International Women's Club (Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- Iowa State University 1
- Iowa Women's Caucus Research and Education Center 1
- Iowa Women's Hall of Fame 1
- Iowa Women's Political Caucus 1
- Knight, Bernie 1
- Kramer, Mary (Legislator) 1
- League of Women Voters of Sioux City, Iowa 1
- Mahaska County Farm Bureau. Women's Committee 1
- Midwest Federation of Chaparral Poets 1
- Midwest Federation of Chaparral Poets. Iowa Chapter 1
- Midwest Women's Studies Association 1
- Midwest Women's Studies Association. Conference 1
- Mondale, Walter F., 1928- 1
- National Council of State Garden Clubs 1
- National League of American Pen Women. Quad Cities Branch 1
- National Organization for Women 1
- National Organization for Women. Dubuque Chapter 1
- National Organization for Women. Iowa 1
- National Organization for Women. Johnson County-Iowa City Chapter 1
- National Women's Political Caucus (U.S.) 1
- Omega Township Women's Club (O'Brien County, Iowa) 1
- Patrick, Peggy 1
- Percival Needlecrafters (Percival, Iowa) 1
- Sullivan, Patricia Clare 1
- University of Iowa 1
- University of Iowa. Council on the Status of Women 1
- Wimer, Connie 1
- Womens International League for Peace and Freedom 1
- Woodburn, Edna 1
- Write Women Back Into History Essay Contest 1
- Young Women Resource Center (Des Moines, Iowa) 1 ∧ less