Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 20
Iowa City chapter.
Muscatine organization of area artists who opened a shop and organized an annual craft fair, classes, and craft demonstrations.
Time capsule documenting women's community involvement, as captured in 1896 and 1946.
Grassroots campaign initiated in Des Moines, Iowa, in 1991 to promote the passage of the Equal Rights Amendment to the Iowa constitution in the 1992 election.
Nondenominational and nonpartisan organization bringing Iowa women's clubs together.
The Iowa League for Nursing's efforts have included active participation in community planning and action for health care, advocating changes such as home health care. The organization made efforts to assure the continuing supply of nurses by providing them with the educational opportunities to reach their maximum career potential, ability to move into management and leadership positions, and promoting a greater public appreciation of nursing as a profession.
State branch of the national organization. The overall purpose of the association has been to promote and improve the professional skills and status of nurses.
Administrative Records, 1904-1989 (boxes 1-18) American Nurses Association, 1928-1989 (boxes 18-24) Committees, 1933-1989 (boxes24-34) Continuing Education, 1955-1989 (boxes 34-36) Conventions, 1904-1989 (boxes 37-44) Districts, 1920-1984 (boxes44-48) Economic Security,1946-1989(boxes 48-57) Iowa League for Nursing,1913-1980 (boxes 57-61 Iowa Organizations, 1926-1989 (boxes 61-68) Membership, 1904-1988 (boxes 68-70) Publications, 1917-1985 (box71) Sections, 1940-1984 (boxes 71-77) Student Nurses Association, 1949-1984 (boxes 77-78) Photographs, 1918-1987 (boxes 78-79) Artifacts, 1981-1988 (box 80) Audiotapes, 1974-1987 (box 81) Oversize, 1916-1987 (box 82 and container 83)
Grassroots organization opposed to Iowa's ratification of the ERA to the Iowa and United States constitutions.
Organization to promote the advancement of women in politics.
Organized in Iowa City to promote the passage of the Equal Rights Amendment to the constitution of the state of Iowa.
"New Strategies, Old Obstacles in the Fight for Equality: An Analysis of the 1992 Iowa ERA Referendum Campaign," is shelved in the Iowa Women's Archives printed works collection (fHQ.1236.5.U6 F45 1993).
Local branch of the national non-partisan League of Women Voters which seeks to promote political responsibility through educating and informing the public on selected governmental issues and promoting action on those issues.
This non-partisan group studied and acted upon the many local issues including the following: the council-manager form of city government, home rule for local and county government, reapportionment of legislative districts of the Iowa General Assembly, desegregation and integration of Des Moines public schools, and the need for affordable housing in the community.
During the 1980s and 1990s, the LWV of Muscatine conducted a number of studies on Muscatine county issues, including the ambulance 911 system, law enforcement, county courthouse space needs, alternative forms of county government, housing, education, land use, hazardous waste, local option tax, the U.S. Highway 61 Bypass, and the Muscatine fire station.
Local chapter of the national association.
Garden club in Emmetsburg, Iowa.
Professional women's service club formed before 1935, which is active in community and world service, with special emphasis on hearing and speech aid.
The Reproductive Rights Coalition of Iowa City (RRCIC) formed in January 1989 in response to Operation Rescue's attempt to shut down a local abortion clinic.
Women's study group which originated in 1874.
Women's center established in 1970 to serve the university and community.
- Photographs 15
- 20th century 12
- Iowa 11
- Scrapbooks 10
- Sound recordings 9
- 1981-1990 7
- 1991-2000 7
- Women -- Political activity 7
- Women lawyers 7
- 2001-2010 6
- Clubs 6
- Political participation 6
- Video recordings 6
- Women's rights 5
- 1971-1980 4
- Women 4
- Community education 3
- Des Moines (Iowa) 3
- Equal rights amendments 3
- Iowa City (Iowa) 3
- Local government 3
- Political campaigns 3
- Social service 3
- Abortion 2
- African American women -- Iowa 2
- Bisexuals 2
- Child care 2
- Civic improvement 2
- Feminism 2
- Financial records 2
- Gays 2
- Health 2
- Intellectual life 2
- Johnson County (Iowa) 2
- Lesbians 2
- Medical education 2
- Motion pictures 2
- Muscatine (Iowa) 2
- Nurse administrators 2
- Nurses 2
- Nursing 2
- Nursing -- Study and teaching (Associate degree) 2
- Nursing -- Study and teaching (Graduate) 2
- Nursing students 2
- Oral histories 2
- Professional associations 2
- Racism 2
- Reproductive rights 2
- Sex discrimination against women 2
- Sex instruction 2
- Sexual minorities 2
- Slides (photographs) 2
- Transgender people 2
- Women -- 19th century 2
- Women in education 2
- Women in medicine 2
- Women in nonprofit organizations 2
- Yearbooks 2
- 1941-1950 1
- African American women 1
- Alternative spaces 1
- Artists and community 1
- Burlington (Iowa) 1
- Businesswomen 1
- Camps 1
- Career development 1
- Caucus 1
- Child abuse 1
- Child labor 1
- Children 1
- Christian women 1
- College students 1
- College teachers 1
- Communication in organizations 1
- Community arts projects 1
- Community life 1
- Community organization 1
- Conservation of natural resources 1
- Craft festivals 1
- Davenport (Iowa) 1
- Demonstrations 1
- Divorce 1
- Emmetsburg (Iowa) 1
- Equality before the law 1
- Family violence 1
- Feminists 1
- Gardening 1
- Health education of women 1
- Horticulture 1
- Housing 1
- Hygiene 1
- Labor laws and legislation 1
- Learning and scholarship 1
- Low-income mothers 1
- Memoirs 1
- Muscatine County (Iowa) 1 ∧ less
- Iowa Federation of Women's Clubs 2
- Iowa League for Nursing 2
- National Abortion and Reproductive Rights Action League 2
- Alan Guttmacher Institute 1
- American Association of University Women 1
- American Business Women's Association. Grant Wood Chapter 1
- American Nurses Association 1
- Americans for Religious Liberty 1
- Artists In Action (Muscatine, Iowa) 1
- Blackmun, Harry A. (Harry Andrew), 1908-1999 1
- Burlington Clubwomen's Time Capsule (Burlington, Iowa) 1
- Burlington Federation of Women's Clubs (Burlington, Iowa) 1
- Catholics for a Free Choice (Organization) 1
- Clionian Club (Davenport, Iowa) 1
- ERA Iowa 1992 1
- Eastern Iowa League for Nursing 1
- Emma Goldman Clinic 1
- Federated Garden Clubs of Iowa 1
- Feminist Majority (Organization) 1
- General Federation of Women's Clubs 1
- Hutchison, Sherry 1
- Iowa Citizens' League for Nursing 1
- Iowa Commission on the Status of Women 1
- Iowa Nurses' Association 1
- Iowa Women Against the Equal Rights Amendment 1
- Iowa Women's Caucus Research and Education Center 1
- Iowa Women's Political Caucus 1
- Johnson County ERA Coalition (Johnson County, Iowa) 1
- League of Women Voters of Johnson County, Iowa 1
- League of Women Voters of Metropolitan Des Moines 1
- League of Women Voters of Muscatine, Iowa 1
- Marylanders for the Right to Choose (Organization) 1
- National Abortion Rights Action League 1
- National Abortion Rights Action League of Iowa 1
- National League for Nursing 1
- National Women's Political Caucus (U.S.) 1
- New Directions for Women (Organization) 1
- Palo Alto Garden Club (Emmetsburg, Iowa) 1
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America 1
- Planned Parenthood of Mid-Iowa 1
- Quota Club (Sioux City, Iowa) 1
- Quota Club International 1
- Reproductive Rights Coalition of Iowa City 1
- University of Iowa. Women's Resource and Action Center 1
- YWCA of Greater Des Moines 1
- Young Women's Christian Association of the U.S.A. 1
- Young Women's Christian Association of the U.S.A.. Blue Triangle Branch 1 ∧ less