Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 60
Iowa City study club organized in 1897.
Engineering clerk, weaver, photographer, and traveler from Boone, Iowa.
Writer and life-long student who was active in the Sisterhood (Jewish aid society) at the Beth El Jacob Synagogue in Des Moines and Hadassah, a national organization aiding disadvantaged Jews, primarily children.
A women's study club in Percival, Iowa that was founded in 1922.
Johnson County, Iowa chapter of Church Women United.
Free-lance writer, home economics teacher, and civic leader who wrote articles and diaries concerning life in Iowa, China, and Wisconsin.
Dutch immigrants who settled in Iowa in the 1910s, and four generations of their descendants.
Civic and philanthropic organization.
Methodist Episcopal deaconess who later worked with the Mahaska County Historical Society to found the Nelson Pioneer Farm in Oskaloosa, Iowa.
Longstanding member of Fairfield, Iowa clubs including the Fancy Work Circle and the Good Cheer Society.
Characterist and dramatic reader, and chatauqua performer from Tama, Iowa organized her own talent agency.
A gift copy of James W. Foley's, Some one like you (1915), presented to Means by Elias Day in 1936, has been removed to the printed works collection and cataloged separately.
Women's study club founded in Sioux City in 1892.
Teacher, columnist, and textbook author from Council Bluffs area.
This collection contains meeting minutes, annual reports, and scrapbooks of club activities.
A Washington, Iowa women's social club which was founded in 1934.
The first African American woman pharmacist licensed in Iowa and presidential appointee to the United States Foreign Service in the 1950s.
A librarian who worked at the Bettendorf Public Library in Bettendorf, Iowa for over thirty years.
University of Iowa graduate and teacher whose papers include correspondence and scrapbook files relating to her work on a variety of social issues.
The Iowa City Area Christian Women's Club holds Friendship Bible Coffees and monthly luncheons. The ICCW formed in 1967 as an offshoot of Stonecroft Ministries.