Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 30
Iowa City feminist and activist.
Rural middle school teacher who chaired the Iowa committee to revise teacher standards in the 1970s.
Congressional caseworker from 1967 until 2007.
Television and radio broadcaster, producer and writer who worked in Iowa and Hollywood in the 1940s.
Iowa State senator, Des Moines City Council member, and hearing and speech consultant.
The guild taught needlework skills and participated in shows.
Feminist health clinic.
Administration Boxes 1-30 and 66
EGC projects Boxes 30-48 and 67
Anti-abortion movement Boxes 48-50 and 67
Pro-choice movement Boxes 50-53 and 67
Publications, EGC Boxes 53-54
Publications, non-EGC Boxes 54-56 and 67-68
Newspaper clippings Boxes 56-57 and 68
Photographs Boxes 36, 59-50, and 58-60
Scrapbook Box 61
Artifacts Boxes 38, 62-63, and 69
Audiovisual [audiocassette and videocassette collections]
Records of the local Community Coordinated Child Care.
This collection contains meeting minutes, annual reports, and scrapbooks of club activities.
Librarian from rural Iowa.
Iowa City group promoting friendship and understanding among women from around the world and the United States of America.
Iowa City political activist.
Democratic representative and senator in the Iowa legislature.
Multi-client lobbyist, co-publisher of "Money and Politics Iowa," and an advocate for women's rights.
Life partners Kittredge Cherry (1957-), an author, journalist, and minister to the LGBT community, and Audrey Lockwood (1957- ), a financial planner, met as students at the University of Iowa in 1975 and lived and worked in Japan before settling in California.
Served for over twenty years in the Iowa judiciary and was the first woman to be appointed to the Iowa Supreme Court.
Women's division of the local Farm Bureau.
4 folders, shelved in SCVF.
Maria Cano came to Iowa from Guanajuato, Mexico, with her parents in 1928. She established a Spanish language interpreter program at the University of Iowa Hospitals in 1975.
The Iowa Chapter of Chaparral Poets met twice yearly (fall and spring); they studied poetry, conducted a poetry contest and wrote poetry for submission to Midwest Chaparral magazine. The organization was formed in 1942 and disbanded in 2001.
The local chapter gives scholarships to students interested in construction careers, sponsors an annual golf outing and provides social networking opportunities for women who work in construction.