Showing Collections: 141 - 160 of 177
Garden club in Emmetsburg, Iowa.
Waterloo, Iowa, native who served in WAVES during World War II and later worked for the American Red Cross.
Educator of hearing-impaired children and retired professor of Education at the University of Iowa.
Women's club founded in Des Moines in January 1900.
Professional basketball player and coach who played for the Iowa Cornets and the New Mexico Energee.
Correspondence diaries, scrapbook, and genealogical information regarding this Dubuque-area family.
Trained as a nurse between 1917 and 1920, and worked as a school nurse in Iowa Falls and Marshalltown, Iowa from 1931 to 1965.
Teacher and world traveler who served in the New Hampshire legislature.
Basketball player from Ida Grove, Iowa, who was elected to the Iowa Hall of Fame in 1972.
Attorney and Iowa state legislator. Subject files and correspondence concerning his business, family and political career. The bulk of the papers consists of correspondence dealing with business conditions during the 1920s and WWII, politics, and family life.
Women's study club organized in 1909 in Marion, Iowa.
Artist, editor, and naturalist.
Mason City, Iowa-born civil rights activist, United States field representative for the Christian Children's Fund and director of program development for the National Organization on Disability.
Casting director who worked for Rodgers and Hammerstein; founded Shirley Rich Casting in 1969.
Prominent Des Moines families including Irma Mannheimer, her husband Rabbi Eugene Mannheimer of Temple B'nai Jeshurun, and her parents, Rose and Max Shloss—the owners of Lederer and Strauss and Company.
Correspondence of the children of Harold and Cornelia Prentiss Shrauger of Atlantic, Iowa. Harold Shrauger operated a home and appliance store.
Physician and surgeon who practiced in Mason City, Iowa, and was also active in the women's sufffrage movement.
Journalist and writer who published several articles in Mademoiselle. She also served as University of Iowa First Lady from 1969-1981.
Study club founded in 1932 to discuss works by Alfred Tennyson; it later expanded its focus to include charitable and community-based activities.