Showing Collections: 1 - 19 of 19
Chauncey Depew Club records
Des Moines women's club formed in 1897 to promote efficiency in extemporaneous speaking.
City Union of Mothers' Clubs (Des Moines, Iowa) records
Organization made up of representatives of the mothers' clubs of Des Moines schools.
1 folder shelved in SCVF.
Daughters of Ceres (Walnut and Webster, Iowa) records
Walnut and Webster chapter records of this social and benevolent club comprised of farmwomen.
Des Moines BirthPlace records
The first licensed out-of-hospital birth center in Iowa, specializing in nurse-midwifery.
Des Moines Women's Club records
Civic and philanthropic organization.
ERA Iowa 1992 records
Grassroots campaign initiated in Des Moines, Iowa, in 1991 to promote the passage of the Equal Rights Amendment to the Iowa constitution in the 1992 election.
League of Women Voters of Metropolitan Des Moines records
This non-partisan group studied and acted upon the many local issues including the following: the council-manager form of city government, home rule for local and county government, reapportionment of legislative districts of the Iowa General Assembly, desegregation and integration of Des Moines public schools, and the need for affordable housing in the community.
National Association of Women in Construction, Des Moines Chapter scrapbook
Organization to provide a forum for women in the construction industry to meet and exchange ideas.
One scrapbook, shelved in Box 1, oversize.
National Organization for Women, Des Moines Chapter records
Feminist activist organization records.
New World Collective records
A Des Moines collective which existed between 1972 and 1980. Members lived communally and participated in a variety of progressive actions.
One folder, shelved in SCVF.
Professional Women's League (Des Moines, Iowa) records
Women's club founded in Des Moines in January 1900.
Proteus Club (Des Moines) records
Women's study club organized in 1896 by college graduates for their intellectual improvement.
Redwing Workers Organization (Des Moines, Iowa) records
Des Moines, Iowa libertarian group which traces its roots to a revolutionary group focused on feminist-socialist ideology.
One folder, shelved in SCVF.
Sioux County Women's Chorus (Iowa) records
Choral group that was invited to represent Iowa at the New York World's Fair in 1939.
One folder, shelved in SCVF.
Woman's Christian Temperance Union of Iowa records
Organization dedicated to legislative and educational efforts to prevent juvenile delinquency and support woman's suffrage.
Women's International League for Peace and Freedom (Des Moines Chapter) records
Members of the Des Moines chapter of WILPF studied government policy on nuclear testing, the draft , the war in Vietnam, and the arms race. They held informational rallies and demonstrations and maintained a vigorous letter-writing campaign.
Yellow Springs Collegiate Institute Papers
Typewritten documents relating to the formation and operation of the Yellow Spring Collegiate Institute and its successor, the Kossuth Academy.
Young Women's Resource Center (Des Moines, Iowa) records
This local organization's goal was to, educate, and empower young women in the Greater Des Moines area through counseling and other programs.
YWCA of Greater Des Moines records
The records are arranged in eight series: Administrative records, Financial records, Publicity, Branches and clubs, Photographs, Scrapbooks, Artifacts, and 1998 Accession.
- Iowa Women's Archives 18
- University of Iowa Special Collections 1
- Women -- Societies and clubs 15
- Photographs 10
- 20th century 9
- Scrapbooks 9
- Clubs 7
- 1981-1990 5
- 2001-2010 5
- Political participation 5
- Women -- Political activity 5
- Women lawyers 5
- 1971-1980 4
- Women -- 19th century 4
- 1991-2000 3
- Cultural artifacts 3
- Feminism 3
- Feminists 3
- Social participation 3
- Yearbooks 3
- Child labor 2
- Civic improvement 2
- Community education 2
- Financial records 2
- Intellectual life 2
- Iowa 2
- Racism 2
- Rural women 2
- Sex instruction 2
- Social service 2
- Social work with women 2
- Social work with youth 2
- Sound recordings 2
- Teenage girls 2
- Women in agriculture 2
- Women in charitable work 2
- Women in public life 2
- Women's rights 2
- Young adults 2
- 1901-1910 1
- 1931-1940 1
- 1941-1950 1
- 1951-1960 1
- 1961-1970 1
- 2011-2020 1
- African American women 1
- African American women -- Iowa 1
- Antinuclear movement 1
- Arms race 1
- Art museums 1
- Birthing centers 1
- Bisexuals 1
- Camps 1
- Child care 1
- Child care services 1
- Child welfare 1
- Childbirth 1
- Children 1
- Children of working mothers 1
- Choruses 1
- Christian women 1
- College graduates 1
- Communal living 1
- Communism 1
- Community organization 1
- Construction industry 1
- Construction workers 1
- Continuing education 1
- Cookbooks 1
- Correspondence 1
- Counseling 1
- Crisis intervention (Mental health services) 1
- Dating violence 1
- Discrimination in employment 1
- Education, Higher 1
- Equal rights amendments 1
- Equality before the law 1
- Farmers 1
- Fund raising 1
- Gays 1
- Girls 1
- Health 1
- Health education of women 1
- Historic preservation 1
- Homemakers 1
- Homophobia 1
- Housing 1
- Ideology 1
- Juvenile courts 1
- Juvenile delinquency 1
- Juvenile literature 1
- Labor laws and legislation 1
- Le Mars (Iowa) 1
- Legal files 1
- Lesbians 1
- Libertarianism 1
- Libertarians 1
- Liberty 1
- Local government 1 ∧ less
- Benedict Home (Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- Campbell, Bonnie J., 1948- 1
- Chauncey Depew Club (Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- City Union of Mothers' Clubs (Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- Daughters of Ceres. Walnut Chapter (Walnut, Iowa) 1
- Daughters of Ceres. Webster Chapter (Webster, Iowa) 1
- Des Moines BirthPlace 1
- Des Moines Women's Club 1
- ERA Iowa 1992 1
- Flynn, Martin 1
- Glanton, Willie 1
- Griffin, Edna, 1909-2000 1
- Hutchison, Sherry 1
- Iowa State Fair 1
- Kossuth Academy 1
- Kramer, Mary (Legislator) 1
- League of Women Voters of Metropolitan Des Moines 1
- Living History Farms (Museum) 1
- Loyal Temperance League 1
- Magers, Jane 1
- National Association of Childbearing Centers (U.S.) 1
- National Association of Women in Construction. Des Moines Chapter 1
- National Organization for Women. Des Moines Chapter 1
- New World Collective (Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- New York World's Fair (1939-1940 : New York, N.Y.) 1
- Patrick, Peggy 1
- Professional Women's League (Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- Proteus Club (Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- Redwing Workers Organization (Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- Sioux County Women's Chorus (Iowa) 1
- Sullivan, Patricia Clare 1
- Total Abstinence Union (Denison, Iowa) 1
- United Way of Greater Des Moines 1
- Walton, Gertrude 1
- Willard, Frances E. (Frances Elizabeth), 1839-1898 1
- Wimer, Connie 1
- Woman's Christian Temperance Union of Iowa 1
- Women's International League for Peace And Freedom. Des Moines Branch 1
- YWCA of Greater Des Moines 1
- Yellow Springs Collegiate Institute 1
- Young Women Resource Center (Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- Young Women's Christian Association of the U.S.A. 1
- Young Women's Christian Association of the U.S.A.. Blue Triangle Branch 1
- Youth Temperance Council of Iowa 1 ∧ less