Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 30
Greene Township Women's Club (Iowa County, Iowa) records
Social club of Iowa County farmwomen that began as a Farm Bureau club but later dropped that affiliation.
Hartupee Social Club records
Social club organized in 1930 by rural women living near West Liberty, Iowa.
Highland Do-Better Club (O'Brien County, Iowa) records
Women's club sponsered by the Farm Bureau.
Histories of Rural Iowa Women's Clubs
Rural women participated in a great number and variety of clubs. This collection has short histories of a variety of clubs formed in Iowa in the first part of the 20th century.
One folder, shelved in SCVF.
International Women's Club records
Iowa City group promoting friendship and understanding among women from around the world and the United States of America.
Know Your Neighbor Club (Williams, Iowa) records
Farm women's club organized in 1926.
League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) Council 10 (Davenport, Iowa) records
The members of Davenport LULAC Council 10 engaged in a wide range of social and political activities including annual fiestas, civil rights and fair housing.
League of Women Voters of Cedar Rapids-Marion records
The Cedar Rapids-Marion League of Women Voters (LWV) played an active part in the civic life of the greater Cedar Rapids area. During the period covered by this collection, the Cedar Rapids-Marion League of Women Voters focused on the problems of high school dropouts in the Cedar Rapids school system and the lack of affordable housing in the area.
Lowell Club (Boone, Iowa) records
Study club founded in 1887.
National Association of Women in Construction, Cedar Rapids-Iowa City Chapter records
The local chapter gives scholarships to students interested in construction careers, sponsors an annual golf outing and provides social networking opportunities for women who work in construction.
National Association of Women in Construction, Des Moines Chapter scrapbook
Organization to provide a forum for women in the construction industry to meet and exchange ideas.
One scrapbook, shelved in Box 1, oversize.
National Secretaries Association Robert Lucus Chapter records
Local chapter of the professional organization focused on social, educational, and professional activities.
Neighborhood Social Club records (Delaware County, Iowa)
The club formed in 1915 near Manchester, Iowa for women to discuss aspects of rural, farm and family life.
New Art Club of Marion (Iowa) records
Organized in Marion, Iowa in 1935 to for women to do needlework and handicrafts.
New World Collective records
A Des Moines collective which existed between 1972 and 1980. Members lived communally and participated in a variety of progressive actions.
One folder, shelved in SCVF.
North Madison Happy Pals 4-H Club records
Local chapter of 4-H organized in Mahaska County, Iowa, 1952.
O'Brien County Farm Bureau Women records
Organization to promote the interests of farmwomen.
One folder, shelved in SCVF.
Omega Township Women's Club (O'Brien County) records
Farm Bureau women's club.
Prairie View Club (Hardin County) records
Rural women's club dating from the early twentieth century.
Proteus Club (Des Moines) records
Women's study club organized in 1896 by college graduates for their intellectual improvement.
- Women -- Societies and clubs 27
- Photographs 19
- 20th century 18
- Clubs 18
- Rural women 13
- Women in agriculture 13
- Community organization 11
- Scrapbooks 11
- Cooking 8
- Gardening 8
- Sewing 8
- 1981-1990 7
- 1991-2000 6
- 1971-1980 5
- Families 5
- Farm life 5
- 1961-1970 4
- 2001-2010 4
- Financial records 4
- Marion (Iowa) 4
- Women in charitable work 4
- Anniversaries 3
- Des Moines (Iowa) 3
- Iowa 3
- Iowa City (Iowa) 3
- O'Brien County (Iowa) 3
- Yearbooks 3
- 1951-1960 2
- 4-H clubs 2
- Agriculture 2
- Career development 2
- Cedar Rapids (Iowa) 2
- Community life 2
- Construction industry 2
- Construction workers 2
- Correspondence 2
- Farmers 2
- Handicraft 2
- Local history 2
- Manchester (Iowa) 2
- Rural families 2
- Social networks 2
- Twentieth century 2
- Women 2
- Women and War 2
- Working class women 2
- World War, 1914-1918 2
- 1941-1950 1
- African American women 1
- African American women -- Iowa 1
- Allamakee County (Iowa) 1
- Awards 1
- Bisexuals 1
- Black Hawk County (Iowa) 1
- Boone (Iowa) 1
- Businesswomen 1
- Canning and preserving 1
- Charities 1
- Cities and towns 1
- Civic improvement 1
- College graduates 1
- Communal living 1
- Community arts projects 1
- Community education 1
- Cookbooks 1
- Counties 1
- Davenport (Iowa) 1
- Delaware County (Iowa) 1
- Education 1
- Emigration and immigration 1
- English poetry 1
- Equality before the law 1
- Fayette County (Iowa) 1
- Friendship 1
- Fund raising 1
- Garner (Iowa) 1
- Gays 1
- Girls 1
- Hardin County (Iowa) 1
- High school dropouts 1
- Hispanic American families 1
- Hispanic American women 1
- Homemakers 1
- Housing 1
- Intellectual life 1
- Iowa County (Iowa) 1
- Johnson County (Iowa) 1
- Knitting 1
- Lesbians 1
- Mahaska County (Iowa) 1
- Mexican American college students 1
- Mexican American women 1
- Mexican Americans 1
- Minority women 1
- Mothers 1
- Needlework 1
- Nineteen forties 1 ∧ less
- General Federation of Women's Clubs 2
- Bob's Creek Neighbors (Club : Allamakee County, Iowa) 1
- Camp Courageous of Iowa 1
- Child Development Club (Manchester, Iowa) 1
- Eckhardt, Lois 1
- Farm Bureau Township Club (Iowa County, Iowa) 1
- Grand Meadow Women's Club (Allamakee County, Iowa) 1
- Greene Township Women's Club (Iowa County, Iowa) 1
- Hartupee Social Club (West Liberty, Iowa) 1
- Highland Do-Better Club (O'Brien County, Iowa) 1
- International Wives Club (Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- International Women's Club (Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- Iowa State College 1
- Know Your Neighbor Club (Williams, Iowa) 1
- League of United Latin American Citizens 1
- League of United Latin American Citizens. Council 10 (Davenport, Iowa) 1
- League of Women Voters of Cedar Rapids-Marion 1
- Lowell Club (Boone, Iowa) 1
- Minowa Rug Guild (Winneshiek County, Iowa) 1
- National Association of Women in Construction 1
- National Association of Women in Construction. Cedar Rapids-Iowa City Chapter 1
- National Association of Women in Construction. Des Moines Chapter 1
- National Secretaries Association (U.S.). Robert Lucas Chapter (Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- Neighborhood Social Club (Delaware County, Iowa) 1
- Networking Together, Inc. 1
- New Art Club of Marion, Iowa 1
- New World Collective (Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- North Madison Happy Pals 4-H Club (Mahaska County, Iowa) 1
- O'Brien County Farm Bureau Women (Iowa) 1
- Omega Township Women's Club (O'Brien County, Iowa) 1
- Post-Franklin Township Club (Allamakee County, Iowa) 1
- Prairie View Club (Hardin County, Iowa) 1
- Proteus Club (Des Moines, Iowa) 1
- Recital Club (Garner, Iowa) 1
- Sharon Township Farm Bureau Women's Club (Johnson County, Iowa) 1
- Sheets, George Marsh, 1887-1974 1
- Sheridan Hustlers 4-H Club (Scott County, Iowa) 1
- State University of Iowa 1
- State University of Iowa. Department of History 1
- Tennyson Study Club (Marion, Iowa) 1
- Tennyson, Alfred Tennyson, Baron, 1809-1892 1
- Theristriai Club (Marion, Iowa) 1
- Thimble Club (Riceville, Iowa) 1
- Tuesday Nighters (Manchester, Iowa) 1
- United Sisters of Black Hawk County (Iowa) 1
- Vargas, Henry, 1929- 1
- Willing Workers Club (Fayette County, Iowa) 1
- Young Women's Christian Association of Black Hawk County (Iowa) 1 ∧ less